Code of Conduct

Default Histoires de Parfums: Ambre 114 - The fragrance that just keeps on giving

Well I've only had my Bottle of Ambre 114 for about a week and man what a fragrance.

I knew what I was getting myself into with it when I had been trying it from a sample but I had no idea what it would become.

Nothing else I have worn, ever, has had that many comments (note comments not compliments). People in work have actually stopped when walking past me to ask what it is that I'm wearing and how different/strange it smells. Someone said it smelt medicinal but had a lovely warm smell to it and someone else just badgered me for 10 minutes with the "what are you wearing?" line.

I mean it's nice to get attention and all but this fragrance is just so much more to me. It is certainly in holy grail territory but from a frag/fume-head point of view. I have never smelt anything in my life that keeps giving the way Ambre 114 does. Every time I have worn it, I get something different. Obviously there is quite an oriental kick to it and it can sometimes overpower just after application but even though it has an opulent almost "thick" smell it always stays light on the skin. You get florals through it, and once, only once, I got a fabulous birch tar note for about an hour after wearing it for about 5 hours.

You can get a clear 15+ hours out of this and wearing it is like reading a story or going on a journey.

My only concern about it is................ can it be too nice to wear every day?

Wow
    The Large Print Giveth And The Small Print Taketh Away

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Histoires de Parfums: Ambre 114 - The fragrance that just keeps on giving

A beautiful fragrance indeed! Glad to have it in my collection. A little goes a long way......
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Power Where You Need It
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Histoires de Parfums: Ambre 114 - The fragrance that just keeps on giving

Wear it whenever you want Glad you liked it...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

SmellChaser
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Certainly a very interesting amber; both dry (is there a drier one?) and herbal.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! I am looking to try Ambrarem and this one. Does anybody have experience with both?
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Noir De Noir
    3. Musc Ravageur
    4. Bois D'Argent
    5. Aoud 1
    6. Aventus
    7. Ore
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Tobacco Vanille
    10.Ambre 114

Quote Originally Posted by MJM_77 View Post
    Wow! I am looking to try Ambrarem and this one. Does anybody have experience with both?
    Unfortunately not, While HdP are very generous with samples the Edition Rare frags are not sold in sample bottles, so I'm out.
    The Large Print Giveth And The Small Print Taketh Away

Fantastic and warm indeed. My girlfriend liked it too, used in a full day but decided she didnt loved enough. I will buy a bottle in the future, for sure.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I want it now for no other reason than that you gave it such a review!

This is a great fragrance. The best amber fragrance I have tried. The notes are perfectly balanced. Masterpiece!

A wonderful fragrance.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Ambre 114 by Histoire de Parfums - Admittedly, this is a beautiful, sweetish scent, with average projection and longevity. However, its composition is somewhat banal, hence, my unenthusiastic "Thumbs Up" rating.

Sound Scents
    Post Thanks / Like

I still am looking forward to trying Ambre 114. I tried Ambrarem but found it way too sweet for my taste. If 114 is much less sweet it may be a good fit.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wear it in good health Andy!

Your comments made me want to get my samples out again, so I did. It is lovely isn't it? Jack H is a big fan of Ambre 114 and he points out that it contains a beautiful rose note too. It was only when that was pointed out to me that I noticed it. I don't know why because in fact it is very apparent, but I am sure that you will agree that is easy to be distracted by other notes in this one, and as you say yourself, it continues to reveal something on each wear.

OK, now vying for attention at the top of the wish list..

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII
    Post Thanks / Like

Ambre 114 is a little too sweet on me but my wife loves it. I agree a little goes a long way. Glad you love it!

Post Thanks / Like

Been playing with this the last couple of days after adding it to my collection. One of the reasons I enjoy it so much is it is so well blended. The touch of rose works well here in my opinion. I like the fact it seemed to evolve just slightly different each time I wore it. Doesn't seem to be too sweet on me which is a huge plus...perhaps I am just not so sweet!!!! Powerful stuff...a little does go a long way. The more I wear Ambre 114 the more I like it. Funny as this was my first blind buy...after I sampled and enjoyed HDP 1725 AND 1740...I purchased them. I like Amber and Patchouli so I also purchased the Ambre 114 and Noir Patchouli. If I enjoy the Patchouli as much as the Ambre 114 I will be very happy. Have not worn that one yet.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

"I've been everywhere but the electric chair seen everything but the wind."..