Code of Conduct

Default Please help: Girlfriend loves Light Blue by D&G, what else might she like?

Good evening ladies, I'm trying to make an easter gift basket for my girlfriend and one of the things I'd like to get her is a new perfume. She's a 28 year old mom who spends most of her time and energy making sure her children are provided for, she doesn't spend much on herself. As such, until she and I started dating she wasn't much into perfumes. She wore Curve for a while, Tommy Girl and some bath and body works sprays. I got her D&G Light Blue for Christmas, and she loved it. From what I can gather she seems to be a fan of more citrus/light floral and slightly sweet scents, nothing too oriental or vanilla based. At least not yet!

So I need a perfume idea for her for Easter, and I'm hesitant to just go ask a sales associate at Macy's or Nordstroms because I have horrible luck with them.

What would be a good, bright spring/summer perfume for her? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Default Re: Please help: Girlfriend loves Light Blue by D&G, what else might she like?

dior diorella or carven ma griffe..

you could check lauder beautiful and ricci l'air du temps as well

Default Re: Please help: Girlfriend loves Light Blue by D&G, what else might she like?

CH by Carolina Herrera
    Classique X by JPG
    True Religion
    Brit Sheer by Burberry
    You can check out my fragrances at www.garnerjames.com
    While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

Sorry Double post
    You can check out my fragrances at www.garnerjames.com
    While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

Laguna

Escale a Portofino, Bottega Veneta, Chanel no. 5 Eau Premiere, Si Lolita, Narcisco Rodriguez for Her - they all share a light powdery facet with Light Blue.

If you want to go more in the citrus or light floral direction thinking of hot summer days then: Escale a Pondichery, most of the Acqua Allegorias and the Hermes Un Jardin scents.

+1 for Escale a Portofino and Diorella

Maybe EL Pleasures

Please tell us ht you buy and what the outcome was.
    What a lovely idea a grown up Easter basket is. Good luck for your future together

Basenotes Plus

I agree with Bonsai, Escale a Pondichery or Escale a Portofino by Dior would be a great scent for her. Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune by Guerlain would be good too. Bottega Veneta, Baiser Vole by Cartier or Omnia Coral by Bvlgari are some other choices. An Easter Basket is such a nice idea, I'm sure she'll love it!

edit: If you go to Nordstrom check out the Valentina by Valentino, I haven't tried this one yet, but the bottle is just adorable.
    Let us share each precious moment and enjoy the ones we love for each day is a new beginning and a blessing from above.

Blog Entries

Try Armani Code or Chanel no.19. Both have a fresh somewhat green quality.

Blog Entries

l have to respectfully disagree with kumquat (sorry!) on Armani Code being fresh & green; l find it quite a rich floral/oriental with a strong honey note.
    lnstead l would recommend Armani Acqua di Gioia; a lovely summery citrus-mint-mojito fragrance with good longevity.

Good luck, & Happy Easter!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

There are some good suggestions here, but I think I'd second Bonsai's recommendation of Chanel No5 Eau Premiere. Although it's not the epitome of fresh summer-only citrus, it's a radiant and beautiful take on the classic No5 so it's really perfect in any season. I think it makes a wonderful gift for any woman, but if you're a bit wary of the No5 association and want something a bit less "classic" or mature, then one of the Chanel Chance fragrances might fit the bill - Chance Eau Fraiche and Chance Eau Tendre are both very nice, and very summery-fresh and pretty with bright citrus and clean florals.

And their nice pastel hues would look great in an Easter basket -

Good luck, but I'm sure she'll love whatever you choose!
    Last edited by Evangeline; 5th April 2012 at 02:18 PM.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

I love Light Blue also, so am thinking of others I enjoy, though not exactly like it.

Apres L'Ondee by Guerlain is a light, subtle springtime scent, very classic.

A sweeter personality of Light Blue is Gianfranco Ferre.

Fiori De Capri
    by Carthusia is light and summery, very nice.

Eau de Camille by Annick Goutal, a light honeysuckle fragrance, is innocent, light and delightful.

You can't go wrong with Nanadebary Green, an easy going summery green she can wear everywhere.

I might be a bit late to this thread, but if your girlfriend likes Light Blue I think she might like Eclat D'Aprege by Lanvin. It was mentioned by many that the beginning is similar to Light Blue but I prefer Eclat D'Aprege as it is lighter, more floral, and prettier. Plus, it is not so hard to find and does not cost an arm and a leg. Thank you for being such a good boyfriend

Chanel Cristalle Eau Verte

Calvin Klein Beauty

Blog Entries

JULIET STEWART - Juliet
    There are no answers, only choices. (Stanislav Lem)