Code of Conduct

Default A fresh scent for when hitting the gym!

Hey guys,

I'm sorry if this kind of thread has been done before but after searching I couldn't really find the answer I was looking for. So here goes!

Ya no when you go to the gym or you just work out in general for some reason whatever perfume I am wearing that day seems to come alive again and I can smell it strongly as I get hotter. I am sure there is a perfect explanation for this like the heat accentuates the perfume or whatever but the question I have is what fragrance will work well in that situation?

I love Dior Homme Intense but when you are working out and you get really hot, sweaty and out of breath it has got to be the worst fragrance you could possibly have on! It is so thick and way too deep, its almost difficult to take into your nose whilst your gasping for air. I want to have a fresh scent to wear for the gym, not necessarily to impress people or one that I will fall hopelessly in love with but just a perfume which will smell nice and fresh and be easy to breath in whilst working out.... Sorry if I am not making sense but if there is anyone who has been through this or knows what I am talking about please give me some advice on what perfume to purchase for this situation.

I am thinking Chanel Allure Homme sport or something along those lines?

Thanks, Sofyaan

Default Re: A fresh scent for when hitting the gym!

The last place you want to be wearing edt fragrances is the gym. I would go for a anti perspirant like sure for men or a light deodrant.

This is true but I find that if I spray a fragrance in the morning for example dior homme intense, even if I can't smell it by the time I go to the gym the heat of my body during the workout brings it back to life. On days that I am going to the gym what fragrance could I wear? I can't imagine going scentless for a hole day just because I know I am going to the gym that night lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    The last place you want to be wearing edt fragrances is the gym.
    This!

The last place you want to be wearing edt fragrances is the gym. I would go for a anti perspirant like sure for men or a light deodrant.
    Agree.

Basenotes Member

I work out three or so times a week and have no qualms about putting on a couple of sprays of the right scent. But I am very selective, some scents just don't work and i don't want to overwhelm others in that environment. Having said that, the ones I find work very well are:
    Chanel Allure Sport Cologne (this is pure lemon bliss and light enough, but I would never wear the regular Allure Sport to the gym)
    The Body Shop White Musk Sport (great gym choice in winter and on colder days)
    Dior Exclusives Cologne Royale (a classic eau de cologne and the one I reach for most before a workout)
    Polo Sport (as appropriate as ever as long as you go easy on the trigger)

I think if one prefer's wearing fragrance to the gym, Mugler Pure Shot is ideal.

It's fresh and inoffensive.

Fierce

Basenotes Member

The gym is the perfect place for those of us that blind bought Pure Shot to use it up. Might get some projection out of it with a good sweat.

Non brah

I don't wear anything at the gym, more worried about lifting the target weight for the day to personally care about smelling good. As long as I don't stink I'm good so I just use deodorant. But if I did wear something it would probably be Mugler Cologne or Allure Homme Sport.

Quote Originally Posted by neurod View Post
    The gym is the perfect place for those of us that blind bought Pure Shot to use it up. Might get some projection out of it with a good sweat.
    Does that mean you don't like it? I'm curious because I regretted not buying it, so what are your thoughts? thanks!

The scent itself I really enjoy, strictly from a summer frag point of view. Downside for me personally is the projection / longevity. I get 3 hours, and 2 of those hours it is close to the skin. Tough to justify $85.
    BUT since I have it I do like to enjoy it. I find it to have a very cooling scent, one which I have enjoyed while running on warmer days.
    I saw a 99% full bottle go for $51 on ebay, that is a much more reasonable price point.

I think a fresh aquatic is good for this and inexpensive too. Like Nautica Voyage, Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Barts, etc.

Axe

The gym is not a place for wearing fragrances. I hate it when I am working out next to someone who is projecting cologne. I just want to breathe clean air when I am working out.

-Slim

Also:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/294...ing-to-the-gym

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/254...nt-for-the-gym

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/278322-gym-scent
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

I think one should be very careful about wearing fragrance to the gym. Nonetheless, I indulge with impunity sometimes.

Some of the ones I like:

Creed Bois de Cedrat
    A tiny spray of Bleu de Chanel
    Creed Neroli Sauvage
    Creed Zeste Mandarin Pamplemousse

You get the idea - go for light fragrances. Fresh and/or citrus. And only a tiny spray at best.

Basenotes Junkie

Guerlain's Herba Fresca...all the guy next to you will smell is minty fresh goodness. I don't think anyone would be offended by that, AND you would be loving it too...that is if you like mint, and it's no secret that I do!!

I totally agree with this to some point. I do wear fragrance to the gym but I only spray once on my shirt. Nothing on the body. I normally use AHS

Irish spring and Old Spice Fuji. Never put anything with alcohol on your body before you work out and especially do not put it near any sweat glands. The key to the gym is not to offend and not to be offended by other people's scent or B.O. If you do wear scents don't be surprised if it pisses someone off.

Nickel Eau Maximum or whatever cheap generic stuff you wanna get rid of. Chances are it's gonna be showered/sweat away in an hour or so.

Who is wearing cologne to a gym, anyhow? Is that why cologne wearing guys are associated with gym rats?
    "Flagrantly fragrant and they can't escape me. My perfume pursued them everywhere that they went.
    You don't want a loan, leave my cologne alone. It's a little too strong for you to be putting on".
    - Lupe Fiasco

Last edited by Echo777; 4th April 2012 at 01:22 AM. Reason: dbl post
    "Flagrantly fragrant and they can't escape me. My perfume pursued them everywhere that they went.
    You don't want a loan, leave my cologne alone. It's a little too strong for you to be putting on".
    - Lupe Fiasco

Curve. Especially if you're working in close proximity to females. Barbells aren't the only things that are gonna be dropping in the gym
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    Curve. Especially if you're working in close proximity to females. Barbells aren't the only things that are gonna be dropping in the gym
    LOL...I like this.

My argument is that I just avoid going to the gym. Problem solved.

Banned

Pure shot or Dior homme sport

Quote Originally Posted by neurod View Post
    Lol me and you are doing the same thing. Agreed!

Nautica Voyage
    Mugler Cologne
    Pure Shot

Mugler Cologne, Nautica Voyage, Dior Homme Sport...light sprays just to give off a nice, fresh vibe