Code of Conduct

Default Longevity Battle - Tobacco Vanille VS Aventus

I own TV and Aventus, and surprised that Aventus, when it works, has much more longevity than TV. "When it works" means when you're not suffering from bad olfactory fatigue.

I've smelled Aventus on my scarf days later, and even woke up smelling Aventus from the night before.

Tobacco Vanille has projection no doubt, and is strong at first,but to me (or on my skin?), seems to quickly die down and I can't detect it after 3 hours, sometimes less. Either TV is causing olfactory fatigue, or it doesn't last as long. I doubt it's olfactory fatigue though. I can smell Tuscan Leather for hours no matter what, but not TV.

TV and Aventus are my favorite scents, just wondering of your take and comparison between longevity, projection, and sillage for these two.

Default Re: Longevity Battle - Tobacco Vanille VS Aventus

Recently a co-worker approached me at the end of the work day (so at least 9 hrs after i had applied a fragrance). He was convinced that someone or I had just smoked a cigar. He kept saying it, and asking everyone around me. Wasn't until I was driving home that I realized it was the TV I was wearing!

Aventus probably projects more for the first hour, then it tends to drop off quite a bit compared to TV.

I'm one of those who can't really detect Aventus on myself after a few hours. If it wasn't for the olfactory fatigue hype, I'd be convinced it has horrible projection/longevity. However I still find it very satisfying to wear.

TV on the other hand seemingly has nuclear sillage and longevity. It is one of the few frags that people have noticed on me and if I didn't wash it off, it feels like it would last weeks...

In terms of longevity TV is definitely a winner IMO, however I find Aventus to be more work of art compare to TV.

From my experience TV has way more longevity than Aventus. Though you cannot count out batch variations with Creed giving one of their frags longer/shorter longevity than the norm.

Aventus lasted 13 hours on me before. TV was around the same. I know that Tom Ford's Private Blends last for weeks on tester cards so I might be more inclined to say TV.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Aventus has great longevity on my skin also.

Longevity- Tobacco Vanille definitely

Basenotes Member

TV seems like it can last for days on my skin....almost at full strength!

Unfortunately I fall into the "I can't smell anything anymore" after an hour of Aventus, but according to others, TV is the longevity king on me.

Tobacco vanille does last longer than Aventus. I must say Aventus is no slouch and is easily detectable especially to the people around you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_D_ View Post
    TV seems like it can last for days on my skin....almost at full strength!

Unfortunately I fall into the "I can't smell anything anymore" after an hour of Aventus, but according to others, TV is the longevity king on me.
    This

Aventus' longevity is too spotty for me to give it the nod over Tobacco Vanille, which is a consistent warrior. Both are good at projection, but I feel like TV lasts longer (Aventus does tend to give me easy olfactory fatigue and and only a few times I can safely say I reached solid consistent longevity with it)

Yea, I can't detect Aventus after a few hours, and tobacco vanille I can detect the next day. No doubt TV is a monster. Aventus is delicious though, I wish I got the crazy longevity people speak of.

Love both, but TV gets the nod here.

To my nose, TV lasts forever. almost 24hrs. Aventus dissapears after about 4 or 5... but to everyone else's nose, both can be detected for over 12hrs. Especially Aventus lol, Aventus definitaley fatigues the nose

I get about 24 hrs out of both.

Aventus just has good longevity for Creed. Let's not go crazy here. When I first decanted some Tobacco Vanille and didn't have the procedure down, I spilled a couple of mls. Even after cleaning it up the area still smelled of TV for a month.
    Tom Ford Splits Oud Wood / Tobacco Vanille / Tobacco Oud / Neroli Portofino / Noir de Noir / Tuscan Leather / Plum Japonais/ Oud Fleur / Italian Cypress HERE

Blog Entries

Own: Aventus
    Sample: Tobacco Vanille

On me, both have excellent longevity, but in terms of projection, TV is steadier as the hours go by, while Aventus tend to drop, but still detectable even after the full workday hours.

In my opinion, Aventus is more versatile, as the tobacco note in TV that I sampled is quite dominant. Both TV and Aventus linger on unwashed shirt for more than 24 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    Aventus lasted 13 hours on me before. TV was around the same. I know that Tom Ford's Private Blends last for weeks on tester cards so I might be more inclined to say TV.
    I have tester cards of amber absolute and tuscan leather going 4 weeks strong.

Dup

longevity is better with TV but I prefer the smell of aventus way way more

Nobody has ever complained about the longevity of Tobacco Vanille whereas Aventus gets complaints on a regular basis. I think that speaks for itself. Tobacco Vanille lasts longer without a doubt.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

TV wins in a landslide IMO. Even though people can still smell Aventus on you after the 4 hr mark you cannot and TV you will smell on your skin an easy 12+ hrs later.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Epic Man
    3. Noir de Noir
    4. Tonka Imperiale
    5. Musc Ravageur
    6. Bois d'argent
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Tobacco Vanille
    10.Oud 1

I don't know, I have never smelled TV on me 12+ hours later.

I have not even smelled it after 4 hours. I use 3 sprays, pulse points on each side of neck and wrists.

I don't think it's close either. TV is a beast on my skin and about the only thing that beats it is New Haarlem for longevity when it comes to gourmands. Aventus is deceptive in projection and longevity, but it doesn't have the notes to pull off a marathon.

I smell TV longer, but my wife has told me she still smells Aventus on the seat belt a couple days later. Her nose is more sensitive than mine though.

Definitely would have to say that TV gives me way better longevity than Aventus

The winner: Tobacco Vanille!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Aventus - 6 hours, Tobacco Vanille - 18 hours
    Aventus wins the shorterm projection battle, but TV prevails.

Quote Originally Posted by daz View Post
    I'm one of those who can't really detect Aventus on myself after a few hours. If it wasn't for the olfactory fatigue hype, I'd be convinced it has horrible projection/longevity. However I still find it very satisfying to wear.

TV on the other hand seemingly has nuclear sillage and longevity. It is one of the few frags that people have noticed on me and if I didn't wash it off, it feels like it would last weeks...
    This.
    "...call on God, but row away from the rocks..."

I only no tobacco vanille. And I got the impression that at times it causes olfactory fatigue quite quickly.

I would vote for TV

TV without a doubt

On my skin Aventus (batch from august 2011) lasts 8-10 hours in the spring, and Tobacco Vanille lasts up to 12-14 hours.......also in spring weather.

I give the notch to TV
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

Another for Tobacco Vanille.

Unquestionable longevity and skin for in excess of 12 hours. I've smelt it on a suit jacket days later!

Aventus whilst I have received compliments at the end of a working day, so 9/10 hours, I cannot smell anything after a few hours. I worry about the need to reapply Aventus whereas with Tobacco Vanille, I know i'm set for well into the evening.