Code of Conduct

Default How To Apply A Perfume Splash/Finger or Blotter ?

So I have this little 7ml Chanel No 19 Parfum. I wish they made this in a 3.4oz with an atomizer but they don't.

I can't help but think my index finger gets more of the juice than my body when applying it. Also I wonder if I can dab ENOUGH of this on me to equal a spray application ? It seems like by the time it gets from my index finger through my chest hairs then onto my skin its rubbed away. The parfum is stronger than the EDT but not overly dense like a fragrance oil which makes me wonder WHY the 7ml bottle only ? Money would be the most obvious reason.

Does anybody have experience with applying really expensive parfums in splash bottles ? Is there something I can purchase to apply it more easily ?

Thanks

Default Re: How To Apply A Perfume Splash/Finger or Blotter ?

I usually transfer fragrances from splash bottles into an appropriate sized atomizer.

Quote Originally Posted by thatmakesscents View Post
    So I have this little 7ml Chanel No 19 Parfum. I wish they made this in a 3.4oz with an atomizer but they don't...
    3.4 oz of extrait is a lot. I can't think of any extraits ( special orders / editions aside ) that come in that volume.
    If want to spritz, just transfer the perfume to an atomiser as suggested above.

Mandom style...
    Top notes of... sweat, gasoline, motor oil; a heart of deer musk and gunpowder, resting on a base of sex and testosterone... Mandom.

Actually Black Oud Extrait de Parfum by Laurent Mazzone comes in 100ml spray and Terre D'Hermes in 200ml also. Although I don't use splashes at all, I would simply turn the bottle over on my wrist quickly and slide it across the wrist and then rub my two wrists together and then touch my neck. Seems like a lot of work though.

The atomizer idea makes the most sense but I would be hesitant to transfer the entire 7ml into the atomizer. I do have teflon tape which IMO keeps the juice fresh for maybe a few days but definitely not long term from my experiences.

The no. 19 parfum is really nice but I really don't think it warrants only a "dab" here and there. It just isn't dense enough.

I guess I will transfer trace amounts into a glass atomizer.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by thatmakesscents View Post
    The atomizer idea makes the most sense but I would be hesitant to transfer the entire 7ml into the atomizer. I do have teflon tape which IMO keeps the juice fresh for maybe a few days but definitely not long term from my experiences.
    I use the little plastic disposable droppers for this purpose. They transfer about 1/2 ml per squeeze.