Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Ladies and Gentlemen: Do You Wear Perfume to Bed?

By this I mean, do you specifically apply perfume/cologne/fragrance before bed, for sleeping? If so, which one/s?

Do you do this when alone or when sleeping with a partner or both?

Related question:

Do you wear perfume specifically for having sex? If so, which one/s?

Default Re: Ladies and Gentlemen: Do You Wear Perfume to Bed?

Not at all.

Used to before but because of my son's infant asthma I dont anymore.
    Even then I'd wear a spray a few times a week only.

for swap/sale:

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

There are some scents that make nice linen sprays, like lavender, violet or verbena fragrances. However, I find that they have to be very light or they interfere with falling asleep.

I wear my fragrance for my personal enjoyment, whenever I wear it. If others enjoy it too, that is nice, but it is not my primary focus.

I often do. I funny it funny how certain scents seem to keep me awake though. (e.g. L de Lolita Lempicka).
    Mark K

I wear scent to bed most nights. Just a quick bit on left wrist. But I spray my pillow and sheets lightly almost every night before bed. I keep a few bottles in my night stand that I love to fall asleep with: Shalimar, Aromatics Elixir, Timbuktu. White Linen in summer is nice. I also use a few pure essential oil blends: lavendar, verbena, rose, jasmine.

As 30roses said, I wear scent for me, knowing that if it pleases me, makes me smile, that is a good thing for the man in my life. I wear some things he loves more than others, but mostly he likes anything that makes me happy in my own skin. And now he uses fragrance too--a new thing in our lives. So, I get to enjoy my choices, and his. And we do not believe in gender fragrance and have a selection of all types, that we both mix and match and wear.

He does love Timbuktu on our sheets and Tom Ford Black Orchid on my skin....
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all.
    W. Somerset Maugham

As an answer to both questions: whatever scent is my particular SOTD/SOTE, possibly reapplied if necessary

Used to spray some CK Be or Le Male summer in the past. THese days not that much, but sometimes while testing a sample late at night.

Quote Originally Posted by professor goggles View Post
    By this I mean, do you specifically apply perfume/cologne/fragrance before bed, for sleeping? If so, which one/s?

Related question:

I wear something every night to bed. Sometimes I'll sample something new. Maybe something I like, but consider too feminine for work.

Doesn't matter if I'm sleeping alone or with someone - always wear scent to bed.

Yes, I wear perfume specifically for having sex, and so does my wife.
    Last edited by thebeck; 4th April 2012 at 03:10 PM.

Yes, but no, I don't specifically apply them for that purpose.

Smile Re: Ladies and Gentlemen: Do You Wear Perfume to Bed?

There are special moments, especially at night, when applying a particular scent "improves the settings"

Basenotes Institution

I always wear scent to bed -it could anything I fancy at that time - no preferences.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Only when the DH is away on business trips. He can't tolerate any perfumes when sleeping.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

No and no.

I wear Penhaligon's Castile to bed; it's a nice, clean, comforting scent!

I have a sample of Mona di Orio's Ambre that makes a cozy bedtime scent. To me it smells exactly like baby powder, so I don't wear it out. But I don't often wear perfume to bed; I'm usually still enjoying the drydown of whatever I wore that day.

Not usually, and if I do it's usually a sample.

My SotE is usually sufficient. I don’t apply fragrance specifically for going to bed, but in summer I might have a cooling evening shower and use a light dusting of perfumed talcum powder before bed, which always makes me feel wonderful. My husband would HATE it if I applied perfume right before bed. He doesn’t like perfume right up in his nose. It makes him irritable. If I am on my own I’ll sometimes sample a fragrance and sleep in it overnight.

No to both :-
    It's been a long hot Summer in Sydney, looking forward to Winter & wearing vanilla fragrances.

Maybe, but only to the elbows. Don't want it getting all over my bed. Eventually, it'll just be a big layering disaster.

Only in the cooler months. Usually something cozy, and slightly gourmand or oriental like Havana Vanille, Douce Amere. Aromatic fragrances would be too distracting.

Basenotes Plus

Question 1- I wear something almost every night to bed. Sometimes I just can't relax with scent application. Sometimes I'll sample something new. I tend to pick powdery scents or a Guerlain. The cat doesn't mind

Question 2- I really don't recall doing that..... back in the day
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

I have many samples and I'll sometimes wear a sample of something new slightly before going to bed. It gives me a chance to ponder on it just before going to bed. Then, at bedtime, and before dropping off to sleep, I'll try to draw a conclusion on whether I'd like to buy a bottle of it.

Only if:

1) I'm testing the longevity of a fragrance via an overnight test
    2) I have some company

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    Only if:

1) I'm testing the longevity of a fragrance via an overnight test
    2) I have some company
    +1
    If I have company (my partner), as cliche as it sounds, I do like to wear something sexy. I'll slap on some MKK or Tubereuse Criminelle (which I find sexy as does he)... OR Intrigant Patchouli which is just... AKLJHDLKGJDLK!!

If I'm on my own, I tend to wear abstract things. I'm ready to sleep now and I've slapped on the last of my Comme des Garcons x Stephen Jones sample before my full bottle arrives. Although it's pretty much waking me up more than anything. Exhilarating stuff!!

Yes and yes, pretty much always. At night, often I will reapply whatever I was wearing in the afternoon. If that is entirely gone, I might use something different, perhaps something I am trying out. Nothing really specific for sleeping though. I do have very specific fragrances for sex but I'm not going to say what they are...

That's like asking if I like to breathe. I wear fragrances for the sensual pleasure of it and there's no better time than when I'm in bed. Even better is smelling them on my girlfriend in bed, hanging around the house in general. The idea that I have to go somewhere or wear some particular kind of clothes has always seemed completely ridiculous. I wear the things whenever I feel like it and with whatever clothes I want, or none, whatever feels right at the time. Basically, perfumes are drugs.

Never apply perfume right before bedtime. If I'm wearing an SotE or have applied some scented body lotion, I can usually still smell that as I'm going to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by BurgundyMarsh View Post
    Yes and yes, pretty much always. At night, often I will reapply whatever I was wearing in the afternoon. If that is entirely gone, I might use something different, perhaps something I am trying out. Nothing really specific for sleeping though. I do have very specific fragrances for sex but I'm not going to say what they are...
    And now I so want to know. I am so bad. But come to think of it, the man in my life is starting to use fragrance in more overtly seductive ways. Huh. Not that I had not noticed but this made me think about that a bit. And he makes some interesting choices in that regard, and placement.... But of course I cannot share details!
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all.
    W. Somerset Maugham

Quote Originally Posted by KarmaLee View Post
    And now I so want to know. I am so bad. But come to think of it, the man in my life is starting to use fragrance in more overtly seductive ways. Huh. Not that I had not noticed but this made me think about that a bit. And he makes some interesting choices in that regard, and placement.... But of course I cannot share details!
    There are just certain fragrances that just said to me, right off, "I am all about sex." So these are the ones I wear. Someone else might have different ideas about both sex and the right fragrances.

No, I am more interested in partners' smells, with or without perfume.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Quote Originally Posted by BurgundyMarsh View Post
    There are just certain fragrances that just said to me, right off, "I am all about sex." So these are the ones I wear. Someone else might have different ideas about both sex and the right fragrances.
    I found out a bit about this last night. I spritzed my pillow with something that 1. gave me a headache and 2. made my lover quite grouchy. That one goes on the NO list for night time use of any kind. Or really use of any kind. Eek. Experiment gone bad.
    W. Somerset Maugham

Eau de Guerlain, Eau du Coq, Pour un Homme (Caron), Gris Clair

I have, for some time, done a small dab on my left wrist of something new or something I haven't worn for a while as kind of a test to see when and where to wear a fragrance. I've also been finding lately that Halston 1-12 applied in this manner helps me get to sleep faster. The floral notes in it seem to be very soothing at night.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

Whatever is the SOTD, but I won't reapply it on purpose before going to bed. If the scent is gone after taking a shower, than that's it.

I like the lingering smell on the pillow transferred from my perfumed hair.

If I am sampling something in the evening, I'd like to sleep in it.

Dcampbell

I don't do it all the time, but when I'm in the mood I put one spray of Gucci PH 2 on the chest.

By this I mean, do you specifically apply perfume/cologne/fragrance before bed, for sleeping?
    Yes. Very rarely do I not perfume before bed.

If so, which one/s?
    Whatever I'm in the mood for. Usually something clean or powdery and warm. Sweet Oriental Dream, Amazing Grace, Opium, No.5 just to name a few...

Both. I have a partner who is very tolerant and isn't sensitive to the point of disliking perfume in bed. Mind you, I am rather considerate and apply lightly.

I wear what he likes, mostly. I don't kiss and tell though.

Always. Why not? But I'm in a special situation, as my DH has absolutely no sense of smell. The perfume I wear, in bed or out, is for my own pleasure. And rose scent always puts me in the mood for love, which is not surprising as rose oil is a recognized aphrodisiac.
    Last edited by redrose; 9th June 2012 at 10:58 AM. Reason: to add info

I always wear perfume to bed. One spritz on each wrist.
    I do not wear perfume for sex. I prefer the natural. raw smell of human bodies!

If it's not still on me from the day's wear, I will do one spray of whatever mood I'm in for bed.

I always shower before going to bed, and always apply a Eau de Cologne or Eau Fraiche. I also spray my pillow with Lavender pillow mist or linen spray as it improves my sleeping.

I usually put on Crabtree & Evelyn's gardeners therapy hand cream, love the smell.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world, the unreasonable man adapts the world to himself, therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man." "Shaw"

Basenotes Junkie anomie et ivoire's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I put Angel on the head of my Gloomy Bear doll,

various musk and patchouli-based oils on if post-shower-pre-bedtime, or Bandit on an oversize men's nightshirt. First edition Balmains all around if staying up reading.

These things happen when one is celebrating newfound singleness (and not celebrating it with someone else that particular night, in which case Habanita).

No, I never use perfume before going to bed. They are chemicals after all, I don't want to inhale them while I sleep! It's enough I bathe in them all day .

I always shower before bed, and I like to put a bit of perfume in my hair. It lasts incredibly long, and frequently ends up working its way into my dreams. Weird, but I kinda like it Honestly, my husband doesn't tend to notice. He always thinks its my shampoo that smells good. Lol.

ineverwas, I understand your concern about chemicals, but have you thought of sprinkling essential oil on a nightie or pillow? V ery safe, and it's so lovely to waft off to sleep cocooned in a beautiful scent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    I always wear scent to bed -it could anything I fancy at that time - no preferences.
    +1.

I use perfumes for everything.

No and no. I use a parfum d'ambiance...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Other than what happens to still be lingering on my skin when I hit the hay, no. I did for a while a few years back, but like others here have mentioned, I found doing so ultimately kept me from either falling asleep or sleeping well.

Sometimes, but it tends to be by accident. Like if I got home really late after a night out and just collapsed in bed without a shower.

Good question, actually.
    For the most part, no. But... on a personal note, when my Mom died, I couldn't sleep. For some reason I rubbed some lotus oil on the back of my hands, and with that scent calming me, I was finally able to rest after 3 long days and nights. If I love a scent then I will get, if possible, the soap, moisturizer, and perfume as well. I guess its because it makes me feel better.

Such a late response, but I had to get in too. Yes, I wear either Bal a Versaille or Habit Rouge to sleep in. I prefer Habit Rouge, but every now and then I'll use BAV. It's hard for me to sleep without Habit Rouge...very strange because when I first smelled it I wasn't a fan.

I tend to wear fresh, clean fruity florals to bed.

Nonthaburi (a suburban province located immediately to the north of Bangkok)
    Blog Entries

I spray L'Occitane Lavande Cologne to my bed every night, is that count ?
    ***My favourite from my collection***

-------- Amouage Tribute Attar
    ------ Serge Lutens: Ambre Sultan
    -------- Les Exclusifs de Chanel: Sycamore
    ------ Amouage: Fate Man
    -------- Amouage: Epic Man
    ------ Tom Ford Private Blend: Noir de Noir
    -------- Terre D'Hermès Pure Parfum
    ------ EDP FM: Carnal Flower
    -------- Neela Vermire Creations: Trayee
    ------ Dior: Leather Oud
    ------- Hermèssence: Ambre Narguilé

I often do (small amount from samples) .

Blog Entries

sometimes I spritz above my pillow, but usually, no...I feel it is a waste if I fall asleep in 10min. after I apply it.

I indulge in some sort of bedtime perfuming ritual just about every night. I used to wear Lorenzi Villoresi Teint de Neige as a bedtime fragrance almost exclusively, but I've branched out a bit, and now I like all sorts of snuggly, warm and tender orientals, vanillas, ambers and musks. I prefer my bedtime fragrances in cream form, but I'll spray something lightly if I don't have the cream or lotion.

Some of my favorites lately have been -

Rochas Absolu, Guerlain Shalimar Parfum Initial, L'Erbolario Ambraliquida, Ava Luxe Opoponax Intense, Love's True Bluish Light and Ambra Tibet, Kiehl's Musk, Calvin Klein Obsession (just a touch!), Chanel Coco body cream, and Dior Addict, though I'd really prefer it in lotion or cream, too.

Btw, I'm married and my husband usually responds very well to my choice of scents ...for bedtime, as well as any other time of day.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Of course! Most frequently Givenchy Gentleman, except when its hot then Acqua di Parma or Hierbas de Ibiza something along that line.

Recently it's been Shalimar EdC. It's great over night and spectacular the next morning.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci