Code of Conduct

Default Anyone tried EL Wood Mystique?

The notes in this are very interesting.

Roses, raspberries and patchouli on some unique cedar compound. After discovering Guerlain Idylle Duet my email from EL made me pay attention.

Anyone bought it or sampled it? If so please could you post you impressions?

TIA

Default Re: Anyone tried EL Wood Mystique?

No. Someone on MUA posted that they went looking for it and the EL sales people thought they were crazy and wanted the person to forward the e-mail response they get from EL. I am curious about it though.

This is the first time I’ve heard of it. I love roses and raspberries, but “woods” notes, whatever they are now – a lot of recent fragrances with “woods” notes are unbearably, searingly harsh to my nose – I’ll definitely reserve enthusiasm until I get to try this, which I will make it a point to do!

Hillaire

Looks like it's another EL Duty Free exclusive, y'all. Just like 'Adventurous', which I love.

You should ask your next friend traveling to grab you some!
    Last edited by Hillaire; 4th April 2012 at 10:42 PM.

I have been wondering this too Alityke..I really am curious about this one for sure.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Sorry, duplicate post. Basenotes is still behaving a bit flaky.

Do a search in the Male forum for a thread on it or click on the link in the Similar Threads box below. I posted my impressions several times there.

I think Wood Mystique is marketed only in the Middle East, but it may be available in some Duty Free shops.

Its on the UK EL website strangely enough and 100+!!!!!!

I asked in store and no one had heard of it. Then found out on perfume board its exclusive to the Far East and Asia.
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    Do a search in the Male forum for a thread on it or click on the link in the Similar Threads box below. I posted my impressions several times there.

I think Wood Mystique is marketed only in the Middle East, but it may be available in some Duty Free shops.
    Thank you Noggs it sounds wonderful, more complex than the Guerlain Duet Rose Patchouli I fell in love with.

Noggs as Donna225 says it's on the UK website at 110 which is on a par with an SL bell jar. How does it measure up to the SLs?

Quote Originally Posted by Alityke View Post
    Noggs as Donna225 says it's on the UK website at 110 which is on a par with an SL bell jar. How does it measure up to the SLs?
    Lutens is one of my favorite houses. Given the choice, for the same price I'd go for most Lutens over Wood Mystique.

I suspected as much. Thank you for your reply.

I feel 2x50ml SLs might please me more than Wood Mystique unless someone in Europe fancies a split

You can get Wood Mystique at Harrods now. The guy at the counter said it is exclusive to Harrods, not sure if that's true but if it is you will have to come to London to try it out!

I might go give it a sniff this weekend

I tried it and found it terribly overpriced. It smells like Agent Provocateur's L'Agent, with the addition of oud.
    Its good, but not worth what they're charging for it.