Code of Conduct

Thumbs down Arpege pH Discontinued

I noticed it becoming harder and harder to find. Finally I contacted Lanvin and they told me it had been discontinued due to lack in sales.

R.I.P.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Arpege pH Discontinued

R I P indeed. Another fine scent that flew under the radar and was reasonably priced bites the dust. At my local TJ Maxx I always found it in the ladies section, perhaps because of the name Arpege??
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

I've got a 1,5ml sample of Arpege Pour Homme but I don't really like it...

I've got two bottles of it and matching aftershave balm and aftershave spray and deodorant.
    It wasn't much loved around here, which always puzzled me. In terms of style and richness, I'd have placed it with Opium PH EDP, which is very much loved around here.
    Regards,
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    I've got two bottles of it and matching aftershave balm and aftershave spray and deodorant.
    It wasn't much loved around here, which always puzzled me. In terms of style and richness, I'd have placed it with Opium PH EDP, which is very much loved around here.
    Regards,
    Renato

I agree. Much like Opium and not to sweet with a nice touch of vanilla.

Why not try the original Arpege?

I got a question about this. What does this smell like?
    Got a sample a while back when I was still developing my nose, and found the opening too sharp/kinda sweaty/offputting. I know my sample was a male Lanvin fragrance and I think it was this one (I think it said on the sample Lanvin Arpege Pour Homme and this is the only Male Arpege from Lanvin so it has to be this) but not completely sure (threw away the sample in disgust). Does that description fit the category for this fragrance so I know if it's this one? On fragrantica there's talk about sweetness in this one, yet that's not at all the vibe I got from it. Any input would be appreciated.

This is one from their line that I like a lot and have a bottle. Shame it's about to go away.

one of my failed blind buys. not a big loss though.
    it's eventual demise was apparent from years ago, being dirt cheap everywhere.

Liked it but had doubts about it...
    Might buy it for a nice price.

Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumbbg View Post
    I got a question about this. What does this smell like?
    Got a sample a while back when I was still developing my nose, and found the opening too sharp/kinda sweaty/offputting. I know my sample was a male Lanvin fragrance and I think it was this one (I think it said on the sample Lanvin Arpege Pour Homme and this is the only Male Arpege from Lanvin so it has to be this) but not completely sure (threw away the sample in disgust). Does that description fit the category for this fragrance so I know if it's this one? On fragrantica there's talk about sweetness in this one, yet that's not at all the vibe I got from it. Any input would be appreciated.
    To me, it smells like an orange creamsicle.

^^^no harsh opening? I had it on my arm for like 30 minutes then took a shower so I don't know about drydowns, I only noticed the opening.

Also blind bought this a while back. Wasn't especially fond of it.

It smells like an inferior MiP

Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumbbg View Post
    ^^^no harsh opening? I had it on my arm for like 30 minutes then took a shower so I don't know about drydowns, I only noticed the opening.
    Not at all harsh, very smooth really. But then again, people have different noses. To me, harsh is like the opening of Grey Flannel. Arpege reminded me of Love & Luck, with more going on.

just buy a couple of bottles online and you will be set for life....
    Want to trade - Tom Ford Extreme for Windsor, Amber Absolute, Aventus x02....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

CHEAP CREED SPLITS
    Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed
    Himalaya, Aventus, Tabarome
    plus Amouage Honour & Fate Man

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/393...92#post3296892

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    To me, harsh is like the opening of Grey Flannel.
    Well put. To me, harsh is the hour and a half long opening of Grey Flannel, after which it finally settles down.
    Regards,
    Renato

hmm must have smelled something else then, shouldn't have thrown away that Lanvin sample

It’s an ok scent but I always preferred Jaipur over it.
    For those about to stink, I salute you!

Banned

Arpege pour Homme by Lanvin - Upon application, one is treated to a stimulating wave of hesperidic notes, with the inherent bittersweetness of nectarine, seville orange and neroli. This delightful, citric accord is sprinkled with a fruity and lively, pink pepper, and segues to the waiting heart. Here, in the transformational middle, the vivacious opening is lovingly tempered with a soft, cinnamon-like nutmeg as well as a slightly indolic, sweet jasmine, and commingles with an icy iris, acquiring a powderiness. This spicy, floral blend floats on a hay-like, herbaceous cloud of mate, and transitions to the awaiting base. A robust melange of rich vanilla, powdery, vanillic tonka bean and earthy, anise-like patchouli partner with creamy and balsamic sandalwood to journey to the candied drydown. Albeit saccharine, this debonair composition is well-balanced, and will blossom on cool, spring and fall evenings as well as in the winter. This somewhat formal scent has good projection and very good longevity - easy on the trigger is the catchphrase here. The quality to price ratio for this powdery fragrance is heavily skewed in its favor, given its inexpensive price, and justifies an unenthusiastic "Thumbs Up."

Quote Originally Posted by Otto-Magnus af Zellie View Post
    Why not try the original Arpege?
    I did and the aldehydes and the ylang-ylang makes it completely femenine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pollux View Post
    I did and the aldehydes and the ylang-ylang makes it completely femenine.
    Many will disagree strongly with you including, from memory, "Perfume: The Guide".
    But you won't get any disagreement from me, it's totally feminine to my nose, and I could never find any hint of notes that might suggest something masculine.
    Regards,
    Renato

...I am not very sorry about that...!

I will hold on to my bottle tightly!!!
    Gary

I bought this one a little while ago, but could never get into it. I do know it is well regarded by enthusiasts though!
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Blind bought the 1oz from Marshall's for 10 bucks about a year ago. On my skin this is a sweet, powerful vanilla bomb. It's a bit feminine for my taste, but not bad for the price.

Blind bought this last year. Not my cup of tea. No loss to me!!

A pity, really.

I'm glad I'm not the only one to get the 'orange creamsicle' vibe here. Arpege PH grew on me well, and though I nearly rid myself of it twice, something stopped me each time and I'm glad I kept it. It's a potent vanilla scent that actually behaves itself in warm weather(!), and I regularly get compliments wearing it. If this is the end of the line I'll have to land a second bottle just in case.
    "Strange things are afoot. I am one of them and I am up to another." -*^-'._.'-^*- - S.B.

That is sad to hear ... It was nice to see a vintage attempt in this Aqua Di Gio men's market.... I will stock up when I see it now

Not much of a loss to me either, but just because I did not particularly like this scent doesn't mean that I find its discontinuation to be the right thing

Don't mean to bump this, but here's an update I received via email.

Dear Customer,

We are sorry to tell you that unfortunately, the Arpege pour Homme line has been discontinued.

If you have any question, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Many thanks and best regards,

The LANVIN Marketing team.
    My Current Top 10:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Prada Amber pour Homme (2006)
    Live Jazz (1998)
    Eau des Baux (2006)
    Midnight in Paris EDP (2010)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)
    Eau Duelle (2010)

What the hell! I really like this perfume!