Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DHI vs LIDGE

Default DHI vs LIDGE

I finally own two of the most coveted fragrances in the fragrance community and they definitely live up to the hype. With that being said I think LIDGE edges out DHI because it has more depth and sensuality. What are your thoughts?

Default Re: DHI vs LIDGE

Couldn't agree more!

Another one on the agree wagon. DHI is sexy smooth cocoa and vanille but L'Instant extreme has better ingredients and depth and is just more satisfying. Love both but DHI loses ground overtime and the vanille/cocoa combo begins to feel slightly watered down and thined out. Where L'Instant extreme still has the glorious rich vanille/cocoa combo going on to the bitter end.

The good thing about LIDGE is that it's readily available at some Guerlain boutiques!

Love them both!
    DHI for special occasions and LIDGE for night out

Sound Scents

Neither appeal to me. Of the two I prefer LIDGE.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

Love both, but I'd say for me Dior Homme Intense is the vastly more sensual one. LIDGE is fantastic, but of the two I'd say Dior is the one with the more romantic quality (or at least more in your face about that particular quality). I get more elegant and stoic, than sexy from LIDGE. Kinda the opposite for DHI.

Glad that you love them both. They're both great.

I like both. Also, I like the original Dior Homme (vintage) even more than these two.

Own both, Love both and couldn't live without both

While I do love DHI, haven't tried LIDGE, I can't imagine they possibly live up to the obscene amount of hype they get. DHI to me is a better than average scent. I love it enough to keep, I'm very happy with my purchase.

2 of my best designers...

I own both as well as the original versions and I'll go for LIDGE b/c it's cocoa note smells almost edible. DHI is also very nice though. Two very classy fragrances for sure.

"I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    I own both as well as the original versions and I'll go for LIDGE b/c it's cocoa note smells almost edible. DHI is also very nice though. Two very classy fragrances for sure.

Beautiful photo...and I agree, LIDGE.
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Basenotes Junkie

Edit

Both are amazing

LIDGE is more versatile IMO
    Last edited by Vince23heat; 8th April 2012 at 04:23 AM.

l'instant smells more formal
    dhi smells more sexy

Vintage DHI (silver ring) > LIDGE > DHI fist formulation > DHI second formulation.

Wow! All of this love for a scent that doesn't project or last more than 4 hrs! LMAO! DHI is the better scent IMO.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Dior Homme Parfum
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Pure Malt
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Noir de Noir
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. 5 o'clock au Gingembre
    9. Epic Man
    10.Tobacco Vanille

Obsessed with LIDGE and have been thinking about testing out DHI but skeptical about it as I have vintage DH and from what I've read the reformulation DHI is very simliar to vintage DH.

Quote Originally Posted by killerloop View Post
    Obsessed with LIDGE and have been thinking about testing out DHI but skeptical about it as I have vintage DH and from what I've read the reformulation DHI is very simliar to vintage DH.
    I just had my order get cancelled from Fragrancenet! Now, I don't know what to think? Both of these fragrances are near impossible to get so I am not going to let my frustration get the best of me. I really liked the drydown of DHI but disliked the opening. I thought the opening on LIDGE was ok but it just didn't project. I am not going to chase either of these fragrances. There are far better scents to become obsessed with. Especially, since with DHI there are 4,000 different reformulations and everyone is giving a far different opinion. To me it is not worth the effort.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Dior Homme Parfum
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Pure Malt
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Noir de Noir
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. 5 o'clock au Gingembre
    9. Epic Man
    10.Tobacco Vanille

Me want!

LIDGE is only one that I have not tried so far and I promised myself that I wont blind buy anymore but after topics like this its hard to resist!
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

LIDGE is a patchouli bomb so not a big fan but it's 1000000 X better than Dior's horrible, offensive, synthetic mess.

Easy verdict. LIDGE is a decent wearable masculine and i can understand it's popularity.

DHI is an embarrasment to the house of Dior. Shame on them and their tacky viral marketing tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Tropics View Post
    LIDGE is a patchouli bomb so not a big fan but it's 1000000 X better than Dior's horrible, offensive, synthetic mess.

Easy verdict. LIDGE is a decent wearable masculine and i can understand it's popularity.

DHI is an embarrasment to the house of Dior. Shame on them and their tacky viral marketing tactics.
    I don't know what you have been smeling but DHI is one of the best designer fragrances out there.

Quote Originally Posted by limaaa View Post
    I know what you have been smelling and DHI is one of the worst, most sickly synthetic designer fragrances out there.
    Fixed for you.

Well, everybody has their own taste in fragrances but it is hard for me to imagine such a hate towards DHI because it is a masterpiece!

DHI and "masterpiece" could never possibly appear in the same sentence. I never met anyone in real life who actually liked it.

Dior Jules is a different story. One of my all time favourites.

If some fragrance is or isn't masterpiece is a matter of a personal opinion. To me it is a masterpiece

I have vintage DH and the new DHI and they are not even close. Vintage DH has a big dose of iris, whereas the new DHI has very little and goes straight to cocoa. I prefer the new DHI to vintage DH.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    Me want!

LIDGE is only one that I have not tried so far and I promised myself that I wont blind buy anymore but after topics like this its hard to resist!
    LIDGE is amazing! You know you want to blind buy it

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

I do not own LIDGE... but I have heard it is compared to JPG kokorico can u guys shed some light on this. I smelt the edt version and wit the citrus notes I could kinda see it Oh and I LOVE DHI!

Youtube and basenotes hype made DHI what it is today. When I wear the stuff, those around me (non fume heads) have mixed feelings for it. For those who bust a nut over this cologne either A) haven't experienced enough scents on the market. or B) Cant make their own decisions without BN or Youtube reviews. Yes, I like the stuff too but c'mon already.

I have vintage DH and the new DHI and they are not even close. Vintage DH has a big dose of iris, whereas the new DHI has very little and goes straight to cocoa. I prefer the new DHI to vintage DH.
    Do you have vintage DHI or have tried it? What are your comparisons of vintage to new DHI?

Quote Originally Posted by PradaG View Post
    Youtube and basenotes hype made DHI what it is today. When I wear the stuff, those around me (non fume heads) have mixed feelings for it. For those who bust a nut over this cologne either A) haven't experienced enough scents on the market. or B) Cant make their own decisions without BN or Youtube reviews. Yes, I like the stuff too but c'mon already.
    Reading about DHI and owning DH already makes me interested in sampling DHI. LIDGE was a natural nutbuster for me I went straight for the kill on it after picking up the EDT first. No hype necessary, that sucker delivers.

Do you have vintage DHI or have tried it? What are your comparisons of vintage to new DHI?
    I've never tried the vintage DHI, just Dior Homme. My DHI is from April 2011, which some people claim smells the same as the vintage. I will say that it is very light on the iris note in the beginning and quickly turns to a smooth cocoa drydown. Longevity is good too.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Lidge, imo.

I might do some shop hopping in NYC to see if I can dig up a vintage DHI that's tucked away.

I've never tried the vintage DHI, just Dior Homme. My DHI is from April 2011, which some people claim smells the same as the vintage. I will say that it is very light on the iris note in the beginning and quickly turns to a smooth cocoa drydown. Longevity is good too.
    Good thing you mentioned. I will send along the bottle, that you bought from me, an (my only one left) official vintage DHI sample.

Quote Originally Posted by NewHaarlem View Post
    Good thing you mentioned. I will send along the bottle, that you bought from me, an (my only one left) official vintage DHI sample.
    Thanks! You rock!

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Quote Originally Posted by MJM_77 View Post
    Wow! All of this love for a scent that doesn't project or last more than 4 hrs! LMAO! DHI is the better scent IMO.

LIDGE only gets 4 hours for you ??? , I get 8 to 12 and in the winter the scent gets caught on my jacket and lasts for days, projection wise I've had people smell it on me from up to 8 feet away and the sillage is pretty good too considering I'll leave a spot/room and someone can walk into it 10 seconds later and smell it.

This is all with just around 3 sprays.

Dhi = 8/10
    lidge = 8.5/10

lidge

LIDGE for me.

Is anybody here who prefer Dior Homme over L Instant EDT but also LIDGE over DHI ?
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    Is anybody here who prefer Dior Homme over L Instant EDT but also LIDGE over DHI ?
    I love the original Dior Homme EDT (vintage) more than LIDGE and DHI.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoon24 View Post
    I finally own two of the most coveted fragrances in the fragrance community and they definitely live up to the hype. With that being said I think LIDGE edges out DHI because it has more depth and sensuality. What are your thoughts?
    i agree with your opinion and observation. lidge = a more complex scent that pulls it off better. its a rounder scent and less common smelling. dhi although good, is sort of less unique with a typical vanilla dry down. I prefer regular the regular homme vintage over the intense version.

Quote Originally Posted by Bachatu Man View Post
    i agree with your opinion and observation. lidge = a more complex scent that pulls it off better. its a rounder scent and less common smelling. dhi although good, is sort of less unique with a typical vanilla dry down. I prefer regular the regular homme vintage over the intense version.
    Vintage Dior Homme is really a great frag too! I found a good chunk of these laying around back home. I'll pick up a bottle once the cool weather starts hitting.

Blog Entries

Love 'em both, but LIDGE just seems more versatile to me.

Has anyone tried to pull off LIDGE in the summer ?? People usually consider it a winter scent but I've seen people on here tell of how they wear typical winter scents like A*Men out in the hot summer heat and actually pull it off and get compliments.

DH vintage > LIDGE > DHI > LIDG

I find DHI more sexy of a scent, while LIDGE is more striking. Overall I wear DHI a good amount more than LIDGE....

I agree. I like DHI a lot, but LIDGE is my favorite and I love it.

Looks like i need togo sampling

If only I could find LIDGE somewhere in the U.S.

I like too much both.

Basenotes Junkie

Love both, but DHI wins! It's just so damn sexy. The controversial iris note is my favorite part.

I've still yet to smell DHI but LIDGE is just not my cuppa tea (or hot cocoa, as the case may be).

If anyone is interested, I'm selling a 75ml bottle, about 70ml left, with box. $85 shipped in the US. PM me.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

LIDGE is a great scent. I don't care for DHI

Have not tried DHI. This is the first day I've worn LIDGE and already the compliments are flowing. I cannot believe DHI smells better.

I love LIDGE as well. Bought DHI today, but it smells a lot like my vintage DH.. :S

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

The good thing about LIDGE is that it's readily available at some Guerlain boutiques!
    Can you let me which one's in NYC carry LIDGE? Thanks bro.