Code of Conduct

Lightbulb Body Kouros gone bad!????

I have had Body Kouros - Yves Saint Laurent for under a year now and when I first got it smelt heavenly, the Incense was amazing....

However, now when I smell it or put it on people as me 'have you been cooking' AND I HAVE TO AGREE IT ACTUALLY SMELLS LIKE COOKED FOOD!

I don't understand how a fragrance can go off so quickly like that...

Any thoughts....
    Top Fragrances

1. Ambre Narguile
    2. Midnight in Paris
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Pure Malt

Default Re: Body Kouros gone bad!????

"Good lovin gone bad!"

Now I'm a man, I got my pride
    Don't need no woman to hurt me inside
    I need a love like any other
    So go on and leave me, leave me for another

"Good lovin gone bad! Oh yes, yes indeed, indeed I am!"

-Bad Company
    Last edited by silentrich; 6th April 2012 at 01:00 AM.

No disrespect, but I wouldn't be surprised BK is all synthetic, and hence it's not "going bad." It's more likely that you ate something that wasn't fresh and BK mixed with that kind of skin chemistry. I'd be very happy to swap for your "bad" bottle of BK, but international swaps are now an issue due to new postal rules.

I have had mine longer than the OP, but still have a nice smell throughout. Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    It's more likely that you ate something that wasn't fresh and BK mixed with that kind of skin chemistry..
    Yh maybe your right but I have tried it a few times it honestly smells NOTHING like what I first brought but maybe I was put off by the such negative comments... im going to be open minded and give it another chance....

Yh that is strange maybe its my noise changing...
    Top Fragrances

1. Ambre Narguile
    2. Midnight in Paris
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Pure Malt

Highly unlikely that the bottles bad unless you had it sitting in the sun. It's probably just some body chemistry changes you're going through. Just a guess.

That certainly happens to me. I will revisit a fragrance and it will be very different. Good luck.

Was it ever good? Perhaps you simply acquired a decent sense of smell. :-P

I also find it highly unlikely that this fragrance would "go off." Your sense of smell develops over time and you find yourself noticing things that you didn't notice before. I'd say that whatever food you're smelling was already in there when you bought the bottle, but for some reason you weren't picking up on it.

Over the course of the few months that I've owned Body Kouros, I've definitely been noticing notes that I haven't before (in particular, I've been noticing some anise in the opening the past few weeks), but as for the 'cooked food' smell...haven't had that happen yet.

I'm curious, exactly what kind of 'cooked food' do you / other people think it smells like?
    http://soundcloud.com/lovejon

It smells different everytime I wear it (or my nose perceive it different, or its chemistry change thing). Sometimes its full blown incense + benzoin (me like) and sometime its eucalypt fest (me hate)
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

I've never liked BK because of the same "kitchen" smell.

Yeah, unlikely to go bad that quickly unless you're leaving it open sunlight all day every day.

Banned

If Body Kouros has been stored properly, there is no reason for it to change in that short period of time.
    I would assume that you are now experiencing the nuances, that some may consider make this fragrance great and others see it differently.

Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent - This fragrance bears no resemblance whatsoever to its namesake Kouros. Initially, one is treated to a duet of fresh, pepperminty eucalyptus and spicy incense. This enticing fusion leads to a strong licorice accord, which is carried to the waiting middle. The pleasing anisette of the opening is subsumed by the strong and camphoraceous, clary sage as well as the sharp and fresh, chinese cedar wood, morphing it into a distinctly cool and fresh menthol. The sweet benzoin from the inviting base kidnaps the hearty heart and infuses it with its candied vanilla prominence, tempered by camphor wood with its inherent, cineole facet, and flows to its saccharine and vanilla drydown. This well-balanced and unique composition has average projection and longevity.
    Last edited by dollars&scents; 6th April 2012 at 12:30 PM.

Doubt it would go bad that fast unless it wasn't stored properly

Basenotes Junkie

From what I've heard seems like this scent smells "bad" from the beginning...I've just seen a lot of people don't like this scent too much...but then again a whole heck of a lot of people do.