Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche Discontinued Forever. Pulled From All Stores and Soon to be gone

Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche Discontinued Forever. Pulled From All Stores and Soon to be gone
    Pulled from
    Macys, Bloomingdales, Dillards, Nordstrom, Saks and Neiman Marcus, Sephora Confirmed to me they will not be getting anymore,
    Chanel told me for now it is only available online and will be discontinued for good and replaced with Allure Sport Eau Extreme.

i only have a 1.7oz bottle left, what a shame.
    -AVENTUS-

Default Re: Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche Discontinued Forever. Pulled From All Stores and Soon to be

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBee456 View Post
    Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche Discontinued Forever. Pulled From All Stores and Soon to be gone
    Pulled from
    Macys, Bloomingdales, Dillards, Nordstrom, Saks and Neiman Marcus, Sephora Confirmed to me they will not be getting anymore,
    Chanel told me for now it is only available online and will be discontinued for good and replaced with Allure Sport Eau Extreme.

Just bought a 150 ml 2 months ago. will try to order a new 150 ml and see if I'm lucky.
    A shame to discontinue the best Lemon frag ever made
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

Blog Entries

Default Re: Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche Discontinued Forever. Pulled From All Stores and Soon to be

Wow! Glad I have a big bottle of Blanche.

The discontinuation seems very sudden - I certainly wasn't expecting it. Makes me wonder if the new Extreme is doing better than expected. I have to admit that I like it better than Blanche, though I think that one is good, too.

At the moment, I'm really addicted to Exteme. It just strikes me as a very comfortable variation on Allure Homme, and I enjoy the difference quite a bit.

A shame if true...a nice frag that I was considering for summer.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

I dont think they even waited to see sales numbers, someone at bloomingdales showed me a type of fragrance catalog from Chanel and Allure Blanche is not mentioned on there at all, he said that they came and took all the old stock.
    -AVENTUS-

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Me too.

For what it is worth, it is still on the Chanel website.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Good. I got so tired of this one!!

Now I need to save my 3.4fl oz Edition Blanche to forever.

Basenotes Junkie

its a nice scent that lasts but doesnt project just like D&G the one. Well at least in this 50 degree weather. Will look cop if it does better in the heat

Get it on Chanel's website

No great loss IMO

I agree it is not like they discontinued Allure Home Sport or Platinum Egoiste, I might have kept Allure Edition Blanche over this new Eau Extreme
    -AVENTUS-

Banned
    Blog Entries

Distribution may have become limited, or in this case "vaulted," but unless it vanishes from the Chanel site, I'd hardly call it discontinued.

Sad to hear the news. I like to liberally apply this one in the summer; I guess I'll have to use it much more wisely was going to purchase the 3.4 from sephora but it's out of stock.

Quote Originally Posted by icanzapyou View Post
    Good. I got so tired of this one!!
    LOL. Personally I wont miss it too much but I am sorry for people that love it.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Creed Millesime Imperial
    4. Lalique Encre Noire
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Oh NO! That's a bad news! I have to get an any-size bottle as soon as possible!

It's a great fragrance but I won't lose sleep over it.

As much as I enjoy the opening of Blanche, it just doesn't project or last on my skin. Overall though I will miss the first hour or so.

Sur la Plage

However, it most likely will be replaced by something equally horrendous......
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Lemon Pledge - I won't miss it.

I never understood the hype behind Edition Blanche. I enjoy the scent, as it is a very interesting and unique fragrance, but it's not nearly as great as what a lot of people make it out to be...

I think people automatically get turned off at department stores because the first 5-10 minutes is extremely rough and unexpected to non-fragrance aficionados. That huge initial blast of lemon usually makes people wince and go WTF? They don't wait for the nice, smooth dry down.

Shame, it's a nice scent, I have a 50ml bottle and I probably will never use it completely so no real lose for me. I know I can find something that does lemon just as good.

I just tried this one recently and got a 100ml bottle. Very nice, I love citrus and this one is very smooth and comforting.

One of the best lemons out there.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post

+1... "The sun has got his hat on, hip-hip-hip-hooray
    The sun has got his hat on and he’s coming out today
    Now we’ll all be happy, hip-hip-hip-hooray
    The sun has got his hat on and he’s coming out today"......lol

Was expecting this kind of response, but I didn't think it would be so big. You probably hear that a lot, though, right? :P

Quote Originally Posted by MOONB View Post
    Distribution may have become limited, or in this case "vaulted," but unless it vanishes from the Chanel site, I'd hardly call it discontinued.
    +1. I have never heard that Chanel has discontinud a male fragrance before, except for Bois du Iles (but that one lives further in Egoiste).

Cool Re: Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche Discontinued Forever. Pulled From All Stores and Soon to be

Probably saving all their "lemmons" for Bleu.

A good friend of mine recently started wearing BLEU and I must say that I really think it smells good and lasts very well on him. It does have a strong lemmon smell that lasts (on my friend, at least) all through the drydown. Caused me to recently order Msr. Balmain. It's absolutely as good smelling and much cheaper!!!

It already has. Extreme smells sooooooooooo horrible on me. Tried it twice. It's just terrible. Gagged everyone with me. Blanche is a lot better.

hahalol

Should i stock up on a few bottle for price gouging in a few months?????
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

One less crap scent on the market, good thing!
    My top 16:

1. Joop! - Homme 2. Puredistance - M
    3. Tom Ford - Tobacco vanille 4. Tom Ford - Neroli portofino
    5. Tauer - L'air de desert marocaine 6. Armani Privé - Ambre orient
    7. Bond - Harrod's oud 8. Amouage - Jubilation XXV
    9. Parf. Brückner - Aoud 1 10. Clive Christian - X
    11.Xerjoff - Regio 12. Lush - Breath of God
    13. M.Micaleff - Art collec. 102 14. Armani Privé - Figuier eden
    15. Nasomatto - Pardon 16. Heeley - Oranges and lemons ...

That's a shame for you Americans. I just picked up a glossy brochure on the new Eau Extreme here in oz and it proudly showcases Edition Blanche plus all other Allure Home flankers.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBee456 View Post
    Pulled from

Hmmm I just went to Sephora last weekend and the SA told me that it will always be available to them. Maybe it's only becoming exclusive at Sephora

Overall the sample I received I thoroughly enjoyed and it last and projected very well on me even got a few compliments from some female.

I was actually going to purchase on Sunday...hopefully they'll still have it.

If is true... shame Chanel, for me is the best from Allure Line.

Quote Originally Posted by starshipvelcro View Post
    Shame, it's a nice scent, I have a 50ml bottle and I probably will never use it completely so no real lose for me. I know I can find something that does lemon just as good.
    What frag does that ?
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

Quote Originally Posted by CHSeifert View Post
    What frag does that ?
    Didn't say I knew

It was alive and well in Melbourne today. Great projection, but lemon tart, albeit a nice one, for 4 or 5 hours!

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndySais View Post
    One less crap scent on the market, good thing!
    Well... I think nothing has changed, or it changed to worst, as it's been replaced by Allure Homme Sport Extreme so...
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Count me among the 'no great loss' crowd.
    Maybe those who'll miss it should check out Monsieur Balmain or look for the discontinued M.Micallef's Yellow Sea. Both are superior in my opinion.

Banned

i heard that it was not being discontinued, but they are now only selling it in chanel boutiques

Wow! I did a total 180 on this. Don't know what I was thinking the first time I smelled this, but I absolutely love it now. Hope it's never discontinued.

this is my favorite from the allure line too
    if i got a little bit stronger projection/sillage, i'd buy it easy

Actually purchased this on April 9. Spoke with the Sephora SA she stated that they hadn't received any news about the fragrance being discontinued.

I'm loving this fragrance.

Just as long as they don't discontinue Allure Sport Cologne, I'm ok. (To me, Cologne is the best of the Allure line, and I love the lemons in it much more than Edition Blanche.)

Hated it. Overwhelming feeling of wearing creamy lemons....I don't want to smell like creamy lemons.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Chanel has a lot of other frags they should discontinue before Edition Blance. It's not a masterpiece, but it's not bad either. What's next Antaeus?

NEW from Chanel - BLEU HOMME Sport . . . BLEU Cologne Sport . . . BLEU BLANCHE . . . BLEU Extreme

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    +1. I have never heard that Chanel has discontinud a male fragrance before, except for Bois du Iles (but that one lives further in Egoiste).
    I think you mean Bois Noir. Bois des Iles is still available in the boutiques: just bought a new 200ml bottle last week.
    But you are right: this is the first discontinued male Chanel ever if you don't count Bois Noir as far as I know.
    Never liked Blanche though, so no big loss for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post

The discontinuation seems very sudden - I certainly wasn't expecting it. Makes me wonder if the new Extreme is doing better than expected. I have to admit that I like it better than Blanche, though I think that one is good, too.

At the moment, I'm really addicted to Exteme. It just strikes me as a very comfortable variation on Allure Homme, and I enjoy the difference quite a bit.
    I've really been enjoying eau Extreme myself. I find myself going to it more & more as a reflex, as it's fresh, yet not too simple or light, extremely versatile, gets compliments & the stuff just lasts & projects for a ridiculous amount of time.

As for Blanche...I find it ok. It is a nice lemon, but it just comes off too domineering on my skin, and that's all I smell (strongly), the whole way through. Unfortunately, it does start to come off like lemon cleaner on me. That being said, my local Sephora still had this fully stocked less than a month ago.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

It's a very realistic and refreshing lemons scent fragrance. However it is not worth crying over. The Eau Extreme is also very well done.

- - - Updated - - -

I too heard that it was not being discontinued, but rather being sold only at Chanel boutiques and at Chanel.com.

I think I'll live, still, replacing anything with a frag that contains the words "Allure Homme Sport" has to be bad.

- - - Updated - - -

I think I'll live, still, replacing anything with a frag that contains the words "Allure Homme Sport" has to be bad.

Dependent

when is it ganna be gone?
    1. Dior Homme Original
    2. Musc Ravaguer
    3. Portrait of a Lady
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. L Instant Guerlain pour Homme Extreme
    6. New Haarlem
    7. Pure Coffee
    8. Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond
    9. Rose 31
    10. Spiritueuse Double Vanille

im pretty sure its on its way out. Its no longer available at the sephora's ive been to and the only place ive seen it for sale online is chanel.com

If i remember correctly it was a limited edition. This will probably end up a hard to find frag at elevated prices within about 2 years.
    Im not going to lie to you; that smells like pure gasoline.

Quote Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
    im pretty sure its on its way out. Its no longer available at the sephora's ive been to and the only place ive seen it for sale online is chanel.com

If i remember correctly it was a limited edition. This will probably end up a hard to find frag at elevated prices within about 2 years.
    I think it's just going be exclusive to the Chanel boutiques like Egoiste is. I doubt they'll discontinue it.

In my country it`s widely available everywhere, and according to the S-A`s it`s among the best selling Chanel fragrances for men. Airports do also carry Edition Blanche.
    IMO, one of the most classy and refined lemon scents on the marked.

I just came across this thread and discovered that it has been discontinued. Local stores in my area are sold out and aren't restocking it. This was on my "To Buy List" and I found that Chanel.com is still selling it directly, so I picked up a 3.4oz bottle. If anyone is still interested in purchasing this one, I recommend that you buy it directly from Chanel.com before they sell out and it's gone for good. I foresee Ebay prices shooting upward of $150 for this one in the near future.

Well, I guess we know that almost 2 yrs after this thread was first posted....it's definitely not true since this is still available on Chanel's website(albeit in only the 50ml bottle it appears) And to think that I had a freak out last night and after searching high and low found a reputable online site that still had the 100ml bottles at the $84 retail price with free shipping and decided to buy two!

I still see this at Nordstrom and Chanel Boutique.....

It is a very boring fragrance imo. I wouldn't miss it if it was discontinued.
    Gym scent of week: A*Men Pure Havane

My gym hates me

Quote Originally Posted by bigbz View Post
    Well, I guess we know that almost 2 yrs after this thread was first posted....it's definitely not true since this is still available on Chanel's website(albeit in only the 50ml bottle it appears) And to think that I had a freak out last night and after searching high and low found a reputable online site that still had the 100ml bottles at the $84 retail price with free shipping and decided to buy two!
    The Chanel website still has the 3.4. You have to click on the fragrance title to get more size options.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Armani Prive Oud Royale_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud Musk______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire