Code of Conduct
    Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Bonds vs. Creed (which house is better)

I often hear that Creeds are better as Bond's are less original, and therefore give you less quality for their price than Creed does.

But this is only what I heard.

----

Now that I've tried both houses, I can wholeheartedly say Creed.

Creed's are much better for the price. Even at $315 per bottle, it's still a better deal than a $230 Bond. But you can get most creeds on grey market for $150 or less.

Bonds do have much better projection usually, but Creeds are more wearable and overall use higher quality ingredients.
    Last edited by noirdrakkar; 10th September 2012 at 06:17 AM.

Default Re: Bonds vs. Creed (which house is better)

They both have great and bad fragrances tbh, I don't think the Bond has lesser quality. I have yet to try a Bond that lasted less then 7-8hrs.

[QUOTE=noirdrakkar;2522630]I often hear that Creeds are better as Bond's are less original, and therefore give you less quality for their price than Creed does.

But this is only what I heard.[/QUOTE
    I am a fan of the Creed house for the warmer months while I would give the nod to Bond for the cooler months.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Apple Brandy
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Pure Malt
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Noir de Noir
    7. 5 o'clock au Gingembre
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Epic Man
    10.Tobacco Vanille

Define better ...
    I got a sample of MI after reading all the hype and was incredibly disappointed. I can see why people would like it, just wasn't for me. Get your nose on some Creeds and Bonds and decide for yourself my friend.

But to answer your question lol.... I'm more for Bond than Creed, just personal preference. I actually found some Bonds to be more original than some Creeds though also.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Bonds definitely win on longevity. I forgot to note that, sorry.

Aside from New Haarlem, I really haven't found a Bond that I would categorize as great. And though I love the smell of New Haarlem, I couldn't possibly wear it for longer than a couple hours without getting a cavity. I think that ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL I would prefer Creed as a house to Bond.

I'm more for Bond also...I don't really understand why there are a lot of Bond-haters...the thing that confuses me is that they say that they are good but not for the price that they are asking. I'm confused by that because what makes something that smells good to you worth the price over something else that smells good to you? A fragrance is a fragrance, if I like it enough to pay for it, I'll pay for it no matter the brand name.

My wife and I purchased the bon-bon set of 18 and of the 18 we absolutely love about 14 of them, in my book that makes them pretty amazing. I agree with salty3142-get our nose on some and decide for yourself.

It depends on the scent. Some Creeds are better; some Bond's are better. You really just have to start sampling and deciding what YOU like. Enjoy the process, don't be in a hurry. There are thousands of scents to be explored and no two scents are exactly alike.
    Five that I am enjoying right now

1) Sel de Vetiver by The Different Company
    2) Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain
    3) Bois des Iles by Chanel
    4) Devin by Aramis
    5) Coromandel by Chanel

both are noteworthy but I much prefer my favorite creed (aventus) over my favorite bond (new haarlem)

[QUOTE=MJM_77;2522639]
    Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    I often hear that Creeds are better as Bond's are less original, and therefore give you less quality for their price than Creed does.

But this is only what I heard.[/QUOTE
    I am a fan of the Creed house for the warmer months while I would give the nod to Bond for the cooler months.
    I'm the opposite lol, I prefer Creeds during the spring/summer and Bonds during the fall/winter. Both are great houses.

GIT, MI,SMW, Himalaya, Vintage Taberome, Bois du Portugal, Aventus, Royal Oud, Windsor, and the list goes on. This isn't even a contest.

Good question.

I think Creed is better in terms of quality and variety, as well as presentation. I suppose it's fair to compare these two houses because Bond No. 9 has several fragrances "inspired by" (put politely) Creed fragrances. Bond No. 9 has one or two VERY special fragrances out there that are complete surprises - like Harrods Oud, for example, which is a Limited Edition. I'd say Harrods Oud has been the one and only fragrance that has changed my mind about Bond No. 9 just because of how amazing it is... one of the best oud-leather fragrances ever, if not THE best. Most Bond offerings are forgettable, though.. uninspired and overpriced.

Creed.

Only Bond I like is NH.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    GIT, MI,SMW, Himalaya, Vintage Taberome, Bois du Portugal, Aventus, Royal Oud, Windsor, and the list goes on. This isn't even a contest.
    +1 ... I've been impressed by almost all Creeds that I've tried (and I've tried just about all of them). Sure there are a few outliers that I'm not too fond of, but they aren't the norm.

Bonds, on the other hand, haven't impressed me much. Although, I've only tried three so far: New Haarlem was ok, but overrated (all I got was maple syrup); I Love New York for All wasn't bad; and I Love New York for Men was disgusting (made me nauseous).

I recently ordered a sample of Chez Bond. Heard good things about it. Hopefully it'd change my mind about the Bond house. But in regards to competition with Creed, there isn't any. Creed wins hands-down.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyDG View Post
    I think Creed is better in terms of quality and variety, as well as presentation. I suppose it's fair to compare these two houses because Bond No. 9 has several fragrances "inspired by" (put politely) Creed fragrances. Bond No. 9 has one or two VERY special fragrances out there that are complete surprises - like Harrods Oud, for example, which is a Limited Edition. I'd say Harrods Oud has been the one and only fragrance that has changed my mind about Bond No. 9 just because of how amazing it is... one of the best oud-leather fragrances ever, if not THE best. Most Bond offerings are forgettable, though.. uninspired and overpriced.
    I still want to know what Bonds closely resemble what Creeds.

The only one I've experienced is Hamptons being similar to SMW. I've not experienced Chez Bond - one of the few Bonds I haven't smelled - but no other Bond scent that I've smelled is particularly close to any Creed (and please please don't tell me that Wall Street is a rip-off of MI or I'll have to disregard the rest of your post. ).

IMO Creed is many levels above Bond.

I think both are pretty awful - loud, screechy, with sharp edges and a run-of-the-mill "cheap men's cologne" smell that has nothing distinctive about it. And yes, I do realize they're not cheap, price-wise.

Having said that, I did find exceptions in Bond's So New York and Silver Factory, so I'd have to go with Bond, although I'd still never buy it.

Creed is better...no contest.

A more appropriate comparison would be Creed vs Guerlain, which house is better?

Creed by far, I only like one Bond fragrance from the ones I have tried.

They are poles appart IMHO .... I personally prefer Bond

You need to judge each fragrance separately and decide for yourself.

Even though I own more Bond's I think Creed's are better. There's no contest in my mind.

Banned

Creed and Bond No. 9, each with their share of hits and misses, are both in the upper eschelon of perfume Houses.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Creed is better...no contest.

A more appropriate comparison would be Creed vs Guerlain, which house is better?
    Well of course that's Guerlain.

As previously stated, both have there hits and misses just like any other house, but both are very well respected.

Creed by miles.

Basenotes Junkie

only think new haarlem is worth a bottle

Basenotes Junkie

Creed gets my vote by a mile.

I've sampled four or five Bond no 9's, not really falling in love with any of them.

I like New Haarlem, and Chez Bond was a pretty good GIT-clone, but I prefer GIT.

Also tried Coney Island - which made me really sick, as well as H.O.T and Great Jonas. Neither of the last "did" anything for me. Great flacons, though (or flasks, if you prefer).

All in all I suspect I'm just a Creed-man, loving all the ones in my wardrobe.

Basenotes Junkie

Creed gets my vote by a mile.

I've sampled four or five Bond no 9's, not really falling in love with any of them.

I like New Haarlem, and Chez Bond was a pretty good GIT-clone, but I prefer GIT.

Also tried Coney Island - which made me really sick, as well as H.O.T and Great Jonas. Neither of the last "did" anything for me. Great flacons, though (or flasks, if you prefer).

All in all I suspect I'm just a Creed-man, loving all the ones in my wardrobe.

Quote Originally Posted by hreple View Post
    Chez Bond was a pretty good GIT-clone, but I prefer GIT.
    Too bad Chez Bond lasts longer the GIT, which is why it gets my vote between the two. I have over 15+ samples of Bond no.9 and they do have some nice scents tbh same with Creed.

LOL - Well, I do find that Wall Street certainly "borrows" from it many elements of the aquatic Creed Millesime structure. Chez Bond = GIT and Hamptons = SMW... roughly.. There's another Bond that has been accused of borrowing, in the same manner, Acqua di Parma Colonia, perhaps as Eau de New York? It's been so long since I've gone through the Bond lineup that I can't recall.

But overall, Creed's offerings - many now sadly discontinued > anything Bond No. 9 has ever done. I still can't get over the fact Bond No. 9 is behind Harrods Oud. The gaudy Swarovski crystal encrusted bottle is a harsh reminder, though. Sorry, Bond lovers!

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    I still want to know what Bonds closely resemble what Creeds.

The only one I've experienced is Hamptons being similar to SMW. I've not experienced Chez Bond - one of the few Bonds I haven't smelled - but no other Bond scent that I've smelled is particularly close to any Creed (and please please don't tell me that Wall Street is a rip-off of MI or I'll have to disregard the rest of your post. ).

Basenotes Junkie

Strange. GIT lasts up to 12 hours on me, while Chez Bond generously sprayed on my wrist stayed on for about six hours on me.

Wildly subjective and influenced by skin-type I guess.

Sound Scents

Two of my least favorite niche houses. That said, of the two I would have to say Creed on the whole.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

Here's what I've noticed from personal experience:
    Creeds are more preferable among those with, "educated" noses, if you will.
    I like doing samplings and I don't tell people anything about what I am wearing and just want honest opinions. So I'll spray Bond's Riverside Drive for example and ask opinions of my girlfriend, friends, co-workers etc., what first comes to mind. Pretty good comments all the way around.

Then I'll spray a Creed, in this example it was MI. You want to know what I get? and this is being honest so don't get upset you connoisseurs "That smells cheap" , "You smell like an old man", "Yuck". Could be Creeds just don't work on my skin, but that's the feedback I got... no good! and actually quite disappointing! Was excited to wear this stuff!

I honestly believe that regular, every-day people like myself just don't appreciate frags like Creed as much as they are appreciated among scent-heads. I guess I'm just not educated enough to truly grasp what some Creeds have to offer. Therein lies my answer though. Do I want to smell nice for myself and most people I'm around? or wear something I don't like in hopes of impressing one of the few who notice?

Just my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by jamwires View Post
    Creed.

Only Bond I like is NH.

THIS. Most bonds give me a head ache. I love New Haarlem.

D to the E to the N to the V to the E to the R
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DNT View Post
    Creed by miles.
    ^^+1

I recently tested Chez Bond. It's nice, but I much prefer GIT. I have still yet to be blown away by a Bond scent.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliDude View Post
    I recently tested Chez Bond. It's nice, but I much prefer GIT. I have still yet to be blown away by a Bond scent.
    Gave Chez Bond a full wearing recently. GIT is much better by far. Chez starts off very similar to GIT, but after the first half hour, it dries to down to more sweeter notes & loses it's green vibe very quickly.

GIT, on the other hand, stays fresh & green throughout. To me, GIT also feels more natural and the sweet notes in Chez feel a bit synthetic.

Banned
    Blog Entries

now that ive tried both houses, i say creed is much better. bond only has 2-3 fragrances that i saw as more than "just good". and i wouldnt pay retail price for either of them.

I like 2 fragrances from Bond, thats it. Creed fragrances have a better composition and their drydowns dont suffer from a synthetic plastic feel which many Bonds do and what many prominent reviewers on Fragrantica have noticed. At first I thought it was just my nose but nope, other seasoned reviewers felt that same. In short, Creed >>>> >>>>>>>>>>>Bond