Code of Conduct

Red face Something like: Epic Woman Amouage ??? :)

Hello everyone!

Lately I've tried Epic Woman - surely I'll buy it...one day. As we all know It is kind of pricey - so I need to collect some funds for it.
    But in the meantime - while the summer is coming - I thought I could get a fragnance - maybe a little simpler, lighter - but with this woody, rosy, herbal notes I find in Epic? I can add that it shouldn't be sweet.

I'll be gratefull for any reccomendations and ideas! Maybe something from Diptyque?

Default Re: Something like: Epic Woman Amouage ??? :)

I have never came across any fragrance that might slightly resembles Epic Woman, maybe is there a split going on on this beauty at moment, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonoanimoes View Post
    I have never came across any fragrance that might slightly resembles Epic Woman, maybe is there a split going on on this beauty at moment, perhaps?
    I must admit that I thought so....

I agree that there's nothing objectively similar to Epic Woman but, as long as you don't expect a real substitute, you can check both Egoiste and Bois Des Iles which share a certain spicy-woody quality with the aforementioned Amouage.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

A others have said Epic is quite peculiar. But for lighter woody roses you can check Cabaret by Gres, as well as, more expensive, 1876 by Histoires de Parfums.

The new Eau Rose by Diptyque is not particularly woody, but it is very fresh and pleasant up top, though it becomes a touch too sweet in the drydown. (Same story for Ombre dans l'eau - fantastic green top blast, then too fruity later. the showergel, which has only the top, is fantastic though)

cacio

I was going to write exactly what Cacio wrote in the first two lines, fancy that!

Please specify what you love best in Epic -- it would narrow down our search: floral part? woods? something else?

Thank you for Your replies!

What I liked most in Epic was actually the rose - it wasn't sweet and was topped with lot's of green and wood notes. I think that the fragnances you mentioned might match this. For sure, I'll try 1876 and Eau Rose by Diptyque. I'll turn towards Chanel when these two would turn out to be too sweet. That's some start!

Of course, if you are into roses, you should try the range of Parfums de Rosine. They have roses in all the possible declinations, from light green to heavy intense. I think the woodier is Rose d'homme.

cacio

Basenotes Institution

I don't know - but I always got a lot of green from Epic Woman .
    Perhaps you could try Ormonde Woman by Ormonde Jayne ? For me, Epic Woman kind of ventured in Ormonde Woman's area.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by MariaMaKota View Post
    I'll turn towards Chanel when these two would turn out to be too sweet. That's some start!
    Surely Egoiste but not Bois Des Iles.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

I agree with everyone who said that Epic Woman is unique. The rose in it is far from literal, and the oud is not loud or medicinal at all. You may like rose-oud combinations. Actually, it might be better if you purchased a decant of Epic Woman instead of looking for a substitute.

Having said that, there are many rose scents that you may like in the summer: Frederic Malle Une Rose comes to mind because of its green undertones and very modern patchouli.

Have fun sniffing!

Quote Originally Posted by catnip_too View Post
    I agree with everyone who said that Epic Woman is unique. The rose in it is far from literal, and the oud is not loud or medicinal at all. You may like rose-oud combinations. Actually, it might be better if you purchased a decant of Epic Woman instead of looking for a substitute.

Having said that, there are many rose scents that you may like in the summer: Frederic Malle Une Rose comes to mind because of its green undertones and very modern patchouli.

Have fun sniffing!
    Yes, I think that it is the right conclusion. I sometimes hate my own tastes, they gonna ruin me!
    I put Epic Woman on my wishlist.

Maybe that's true about this rose-oud combination. I'm enjoying this hobby only for a few months, so I still explore the notes, my likes and dislikes. Lot's of things still suprise me. (I hate ambergis as a main single note for example :P)

I've noted down Your suggestion too! ^^ Thank you!

Blog Entries

I would just go ahead and get it and cut down on my food budget; spaghetti for a week, and rice and beans the next.
    There are no answers, only choices. (Stanislav Lem)

On my skin the rose was rather lost and I perceived it as a top notch amber. I would substitute it for the Histoires de Parfums' Ambre 114.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursula View Post
    I would just go ahead and get it and cut down on my food budget; spaghetti for a week, and rice and beans the next.
    Lol and yes. It's better to buy one frag you know you gonna love than end up with several bottles that didn't live up to your expectations.

You liking the rose note in Epic Woman, you might give Frederic Malle's Portrait Of A Lady a try. Although not completely similar, it does share the rose upon a very pleasant patchouli base versus the vanilla base of Epic Woman. Both are wonderful fragrances.

I think you just have to bite the bullet and order a decant. If I'm not mistaken, Amouage has been known to reformulate and personally, I'd be angry at myself if I waited indefinitely to buy something only to end up with a pale spectre of the original. Go for it...Epic Woman is totally worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    Perhaps you could try Ormonde Woman by Ormonde Jayne ? For me, Epic Woman kind of ventured in Ormonde Woman's area.
    This is the closest I could suggest too..But the "closest" doesn't mean that Ormonde Woman actually smells anything like Epic..it's just that they share some notes..they are relatives, but not really close ones. I love both, maybe Ormonde Woman a bit more...but,ermmm...yes...if you´ve decided you love and need Epic, start by getting a big decant! Actually this was the Amouage I bought for summer..think it's perfect for that time of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    This is the closest I could suggest too..But the "closest" doesn't mean that Ormonde Woman actually smells anything like Epic..it's just that they share some notes..they are relatives, but not really close ones. I love both, maybe Ormonde Woman a bit more...but,ermmm...yes...if you´ve decided you love and need Epic, start by getting a big decant! Actually this was the Amouage I bought for summer..think it's perfect for that time of the year.

Epic Woman is quite unique, I can't think of anything close. I much prefer it to Epic Man. There is an Epic Woman Extrait that I would love to try at some point.