Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Do you think that Kouros is the ultimate best male fragrance ever?

I bought Kouros blind and I have yet to learn this scent.
    It smells like a toilet, but I don´t say it smells bad.

Do you consider Kouros as the best and revolutionary male scent ever made compared to any niche or designer brands?

Banned

Default Re: Do you think that Kouros is the ultimate best male fragrance ever?

far from it !

No.....not at all IMO!!!
    Gary

Sound Scents

I like it, but no.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driů) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

I love Korous. Even wore it today. It is great and it is my personal favorite at the moment. Although, I am sure I may find a fragrance that does it better. Just a far to subjective question. It is the best for me and that is all that matters.
    Top 10 at the moment:

1.Kouros
    2.Terre D'Hermes
    3.Fahrenheit
    4.Creed Royal Oud
    5.Eau Sauvage
    6.Dior Homme Sport
    7.Creed Bois du Portugal
    8.Givency PI
    9.Dior Homme
    10.Ralph Lauren Polo Blue

No, but it's a good one.

no.

Is this a joke?

No though it may be the best bathroom fragrance one can use to scent the air with.lol

Absolutely NOT!!!

dbl

Possibly, if by "male fragrance", you mean "fragrance made from the essence of a male, including his pits, feet, and nether-regions". In that regard, nothing comes close.

No for me.

Not.even.close.

...almost the opposite...!

No, very average.

Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    I like it, but no.
    Concur with the above. But even then this question is slightly primitive.
    There is rarely a single best thing in this life.
    Last edited by hedonist222; 6th April 2012 at 08:49 PM.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Concur with the above. But even the. This question is slightly primitive.
    So very true. If my mood isn't up for a particular fragrance, I will not enjoy it ( no matter if I rank it a 5 star fragrance or not).

I find that the less stress and emphasis that I put into figuring out what the "best" in whatever category is, the more I am able to enjoy what I have. What is best for others, is not best for more. Furthermore, we all change....in a matter of years, weeks and even hours. And, when judging that is "the best", what are we basing out judgments on ?
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

No, one of the worst stinkers on the market.
    My top 16:

1. Joop! - Homme 2. Puredistance - M
    3. Tom Ford - Tobacco vanille 4. Tom Ford - Neroli portofino
    5. Tauer - L'air de desert marocaine 6. Armani Privé - Ambre orient
    7. Bond - Harrod's oud 8. Amouage - Jubilation XXV
    9. Parf. Brückner - Aoud 1 10. Clive Christian - X
    11.Xerjoff - Regio 12. Lush - Breath of God
    13. M.Micaleff - Art collec. 102 14. Armani Privé - Figuier eden
    15. Nasomatto - Pardon 16. Heeley - Oranges and lemons ...

Quote Originally Posted by limaaa View Post
    Is this a joke?
    I think yes

One of the best for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Baldini View Post
    Possibly, if by "male fragrance", you mean "fragrance made from the essence of a male, including his pits, feet, and nether-regions". In that regard, nothing comes close.
    Very nice! A mature connaisseur! It's really insulting for the entire history and evolution of the designer's fragrances to use such despicable attributes in order to express your pathetique opinion on this matter! I could say a few things about many scents from your wardrobe but then I will get down to your level and this is precisely what differentiates us! Besides, for your knowledge, I equally respect each and every designer or niche fragrance that exists on this earth, whether I adore or despise it, because, in my humble opinion, a scent is like a man, with qualities and flaws, there is no perfect man nor perfume!
    I simply cannot tolerate your attitude! Nobody is forcing you to like or appreciate something but the common sense should set some boundaries about what you should express or not!
    I've really enjoyed and appreciated all the knowledge shared here by so many dedicated persons but due to such "refined manners" I'm gonna leave off these forums!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Temptation View Post

Do you consider Kouros as the best and revolutionary male scent ever made compared to any niche or designer brands?
    If you like it so much, you might like MKK if you have not...

top 10 ever.

Kouros is not the bestest

Maybe not the absolute best, but almost certainly a scent likely to be often talked about almost for good or at least for a long time - it polarizes radically like almost no other male scent, it provokes passions and repulsions, it is loved, hated, wildly, intensely and wittily discussed, but unlikely to be overlooked anytime in near future

Amazing scent, but NO! I could not say which scent was "revolutionary male scent ever made", but if a list were made it would have to include M7...afterall, it was the first with an oud note and people still talk about it.
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

F*** no!

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    No, but it's a good one.
    +1.

Yeah it is believe me guyyys

Never smelled it and I don't think I want to.

Superb scent but not the "ultimate best male scent ever."

Simple answer: no

For me it isn't. Kouros is a classic for sure, but I like very many fragrances far more.
    Please check out my selling list:

YSL Opium homme EDP, Rive Gauche pour homme, Villoresi Uomo, Dior Homme vintage, Body Kouros, Guerlain homme intense etc.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/376...-etc-Worldwide!

Dependent

Not even usable as a bathroom deodorizer for me . . . I'd literally rather smell piss and shit. Polarizing is an understatement . . .

No but I like it
    +2.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by icanzapyou View Post
    Kouros is not the bestest
    LOL

Agreed. It's not even the bestest trolling scent. Aventus is rapidly becoming betterer.

Every year I wear Kouros when my wife is out of town, and for about the first day, I think it's just the most amazing stuff. But it only takes a few days of actual Kouros to get that Kouros-mania out of my system.

Yes the best powerhouse fragrance
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Banned

Kouros is good, and I think it's a 'gateway drug' to a lot of others, but the definitive men's cologne...definitely not.

Nope
    Right now I think that I have all the fragrances that I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    No though it may be the best bathroom fragrance one can use to scent the air with.lol
    +1
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Amen and no way!

Quote Originally Posted by spcmiller View Post
    Kouros is good, and I think it's a 'gateway drug' to a lot of others, but the definitive men's cologne...definitely not.
    Perhaps somewhere in this region.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

Quote Originally Posted by Temptation View Post

YES!

Nothing has yet beaten Kouros for me when you look at the overall package:

Uniqueness of scent
    Brutality of smell
    Longevity & Projection combined
    Price
    Versatility - can be worn all year round, in summer it smells even better

In short this fragrance is a mile mark in the history of male fragrances.

I understand the guys who think this smells of urinal cake, hospital and dentist, they most likely will never whole hearted get to appreciate Kouros.
    For us fans - Kouros is what all niche frags only dream of being day in, day out - but will never be - NEVA' NEVER EVER !!
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Maybe not the absolute best, but almost certainly a scent likely to be often talked about almost for good or at least for a long time - it polarizes radically like almost no other male scent, it provokes passions and repulsions, it is loved, hated, wildly, intensely and wittily discussed, but unlikely to be overlooked anytime in near future

Nicely put sir.

Absolutely not. I did wear it back in the day like everyone else though. Quite embarrassing when you look back!

Quote Originally Posted by CHSeifert View Post
    Nothing has yet beaten Kouros for me when you look at the overall package:

Uniqueness
    Brutality of smell
    Longevity & Projection combined
    Price
    ...this goes also for an avarage insectkiller...!

Quote Originally Posted by Tropics View Post
    Absolutely not. I did wear it back in the day like everyone else though. Quite embarrassing when you look back!
    I don't think many people will feel embarrassed about wearing Kouros :-)

urinal cakey, no fankyou

I agree with hedonist above, but I will add that I smelled it for the first time about six weeks ago and my comment was: it took some big, sweaty balls to put that in a bottle. It is really something.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Chambers View Post
    I agree with hedonist above, but I will add that I smelled it for the first time about six weeks ago and my comment was: it took some big, sweaty balls to put that in a bottle. It is really something.
    Kouros first time smell 6 weeks ago !

Thought you were in your 30-40's ?

I smelled Kouros the first time 25 years ago and I'm in my late 30's and never looked back since smelling Kouros the first time

Remember my teacher asking me if I have been to the dentist - Kouros smells of dentist and soap to my nose, not so much urinal cake like many suggests......
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

Quote Originally Posted by Tropics View Post
    Nothing to be embarrassed over

Kouros is the best frag ever made !!

Only frag that has been rated 7/6
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

I am so in the minority. I love Korous. Though I do love musky deep fragrances. My wife hated Korous at first. She was really against it. Even tried to stop me from buying it. Here we are nearly 2 months later and she actually enjoys it. I find the only way for me to wear it, is to spray on my lower chest area. 2 - 3 sprays and I am good for the day. I wait 15 mins to put my undershot on then put my shirt on and that really helps to stop the sheer power of Korous projecting far to much. I tried back of neck and upper chest once and near killed myself.

Lower chest / stomach area is my perfect spot for wearing this. It is a great scent but not the " best " ever. I find I reach for Fahrenheit and Eau Sauvage more often. Just depends on my mood. I am still waiting to have the balls to wear Korous to work.
    Top 10 at the moment:

1.Kouros
    2.Terre D'Hermes
    3.Fahrenheit
    4.Creed Royal Oud
    5.Eau Sauvage
    6.Dior Homme Sport
    7.Creed Bois du Portugal
    8.Givency PI
    9.Dior Homme

I am so in the minority. I love Korous. Though I do love musky deep fragrances. My wife hated Korous at first. She was really against it. Even tried to stop me from buying it. Here we are nearly 2 months later and she actually enjoys it. I find the only way for me to wear it, is to spray on my lower chest area. 2 - 3 sprays and I am good for the day. I wait 15 mins to put my undershot on then put my shirt on and that really helps to stop the sheer power of Korous projecting far to much. I tried back of neck and upper chest once and near killed myself.

Lower chest / stomach area is my perfect spot for wearing this. It is a great scent but not the " best " ever. I find I reach for Fahrenheit and Eau Sauvage more often. Just depends on my mood. I am still waiting to have the balls to wear Korous to work.
    Top 10 at the moment:

1.Kouros
    2.Terre D'Hermes
    3.Fahrenheit
    4.Creed Royal Oud
    5.Eau Sauvage
    6.Dior Homme Sport
    7.Creed Bois du Portugal
    8.Givency PI
    9.Dior Homme

yes

/thread

It's pretty close, though its scent attracts more men than women, I've found!
    My Top Ten:

1: Guerlain - Habit Rouge
    2: Guerlain - Jicky
    3: Guerlain - Mouchoir de Monsieur
    4: Guerlain - Shalimar
    5: Knize - Knize Ten
    6: Caron - Yatagan
    7: Caron - Pour Un Homme
    8: Jean Desprez - Bal a Versailles
    9: Yves Saint Laurent - M7
    10: Salvador Dali - Dali Pour Homme

Nnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For me, Kouros is like masturbation; something one enjoys alone, and in private.

Quote Originally Posted by VC&Aph View Post
    Very nice! A mature connaisseur! It's really insulting for the entire history and evolution of the designer's fragrances to use such despicable attributes in order to express your pathetique opinion on this matter! I could say a few things about many scents from your wardrobe but then I will get down to your level and this is precisely what differentiates us! Besides, for your knowledge, I equally respect each and every designer or niche fragrance that exists on this earth, whether I adore or despise it, because, in my humble opinion, a scent is like a man, with qualities and flaws, there is no perfect man nor perfume!
    I simply cannot tolerate your attitude! Nobody is forcing you to like or appreciate something but the common sense should set some boundaries about what you should express or not!
    I've really enjoyed and appreciated all the knowledge shared here by so many dedicated persons but due to such "refined manners" I'm gonna leave off these forums!
    Can't... Tell... If serious...

No, I do not. Probably is the most controversial though.