Code of Conduct

Default Where to buy niche perfumes online or elsewhere in Canada

Both the Perfume Shoppe and Saltridges carry some niche perfumes, but I'm finding it very, very difficult to find perfumes such as Annick Goutal's Les Orientalistes or perfumes by Xerjoff, for example. Both Holt Renfrew and Ogilvie's really don't carry the more obscure perfume houses at all, including none of the middle eastern showings. Luckyscent was great until they decided to slap on $20 shipping, a substantial brokerage fee and 14% customs charge on top of the price of the fragrance, making it outrageously expensive and impossible for Canadians to buy from them!

Aedes seems to be the kindest to Canadians, but they also don't carry such perfume houses as Tauer. It's all very discouraging.

So, if any kind soul knows of niche perfume stores in Canada or in the US, or online stores that carry very exclusive, niche perfumes, could you please let me know. I'd really appreciate it. Thank you.

Thank you so much for your help.

Default Re: Where to buy niche perfumes online or elsewhere in Canada

Are you talking about Aedes from NY? Do they charge less for shipping and brokerage and customs? I was thinking of getting some stuff from LuckyScent and I knew they would charge me for brokerage and customs. If Aedes charges less, however, I would buy from there.

I think it's not Lucky Scent that decides how much to charge for brokerage and customs. I think it's the shipping company. Recently I bought something else from the US and it was the UPS that charged me all customs and brokerage. I agree it is ridiculous and discouraging but nothing much you can do.