Code of Conduct

Default Myrrhiad alternatives?

Hi, I'm looking for some alternatives to Myrrhiad by Huitième Art,
    any of you know something similar or that reminds you of this one in any aspects?

I was looking for a soft sweet scent, was considering cuir béluga again but found out it could be too sweet on my skin, where this Myrrhiad just seems perfectly blended, never too sweet, I really like this

Thanks.

Default Re: Myrrhiad alternatives?

Perhaps Portos by Balenciaga

For another lovely soft myrrh with some citrus to brighten it up, try Icon by Gorilla Perfumes at LUSH.

L'Eau Trois by Diptyque has a big myrrhe note; much sharper than Myrrhiad, but it settles down.

Why are you looking for an alternative? Is there something in Myrrhiad that doesn't work for you or you just want another scent to add to your collection? I'm genuinely curious...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    Why are you looking for an alternative? Is there something in Myrrhiad that doesn't work for you or you just want another scent to add to your collection? I'm genuinely curious...
    I'm curious to why anyone would look for alternatives. Just get the real McCoy

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    Actually I'm curious. I know I'll get it, nothing wrong with it so far, tested from a friend's bottle.

But you never know, since so many basenoters are sniffing scents all around the world, there might be a few similar fragrances to look into as well. And perhaps even something better, somewhere somehow lol If not, it's all good no big deal. Thanks for the replies, I'll try the recommendations if I pass accross them.

You know, just the "looking for the greatest scents available" routine lol
    This quest never ends I thought it would eventually, but "just when I thought I was out, this one pulls me back in!

Have a good day guys!

Quote Originally Posted by à l'improviste View Post
    Actually I'm curious. I know I'll get it, nothing wrong with it so far, tested from a friend's bottle.

But you never know, since so many basenoters are sniffing scents all around the world, there might be a few similar fragrances to look into as well. And perhaps even something better, somewhere somehow lol If not, it's all good no big deal. Thanks for the replies, I'll try the recommendations if I pass accross them.

You know, just the "looking for the greatest scents available" routine lol
    This quest never ends I thought it would eventually, but "just when I thought I was out, this one pulls me back in!

Have a good day guys!
    You say Myrrhiad pulls you back in? I had the same experience, there's some weird addicting quality that makes you yearn for more. When that happens I buy a bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    You say Myrrhiad pulls you back in? I had the same experience, there's some weird addicting quality that makes you yearn for more. When that happens I buy a bottle.
    Exactly. No matter if it's the best or the worst available on the market. Get Myrrhiad and in the meantime give a chance to L'Eau Trois, La Myrrhe and Messe De Minuit (possibly vintage)

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    there's some weird addicting quality that makes you yearn for more.
    Yes exactly the same here,
    Also I tried to overdose and it just didn't happen, made me want to sniff some more, never felt like I put too much. It kinda contains itself on my skin, doesn't feel like it projects too much, longevity seems good and it's just very pleasant.
    I had to give back the fragrance quickly after one day of testing because I knew I would use up that bottle fast.
    My friend also agrees and said this should be purchased by 2 each time, 50ml is not enough.. lol
    I'll slow down the fragrance spree after this one.... Or maybe the next..

To Alfarom, I sampled La Myrrhe by Lutens it's very good but not something I'd like to wear at the moment. I might buy it as a gift to someone though, nice one!

I find this more "herb-y" than the smooth vanilla roundness of Myrrhiad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Guyer View Post
    L'Eau Trois by Diptyque has a big myrrhe note; much sharper than Myrrhiad, but it settles down.
    My motto for life: "If you have to choose, choose BOTH."

I would say that Goutal Myrrhe Ardente is similar to Myrrhiad, though I like Myrrhiad better.
    Sans parfum, la peau est muette.