Code of Conduct

Default In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have...

In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have worn __________ to ___________ .

(Please fill in.)

Default Re: In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have...

In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have worn tobacco vanille to that meeting at work in that small room with little ventilation.lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have worn tobacco vanille to that meeting at work in that small room with little ventilation.lol
    I think we've all experienced that one in some form or another.

In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have worn Timbuktu to the wedding of my ex...I knew she loved that smell...!
    Last edited by Trauerkraut; 7th April 2012 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trauerkraut View Post
    In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have worn no clothes to the wedding of my ex...?
    I was thinking more along the lines of fragrance, but...you did that?!

In retrospect, I probably should have worn Kinski to Baby Gap last night. Either the mothers shopping were looking at me funny because I smelled like pot; or my own paranoia convinced me that they were looking at me funny because I smelled like pot. Either way, it was a little too much hemp realness in that bottle for kid-clothes shopping.
    Last edited by Beranium Chotato; 8th April 2012 at 06:31 AM.

....worn Escada Collection to my annual check-up four years ago.

I met my new doctor, a lovely lady who didn't have the typical glazed-gaze I see in the eyes of the sleep-deprived interns assigned to me at the teaching hospital I use. She questioned me about my health habits, asking about smoking and drinking at least three times before calling in the department head to meet me. He asked me a few relevant questions, exchanged a glance with her, and then he hugged me - for at least ten seconds, and left the room. I've met some friendly doctors, but that was really different from anything I'd experienced before.

It was weeks before it dawned on me that it wasn't my hug-worthiness that made him cling to me like that ~ Collection's boozy tobacco notes were at odds with what I was reporting and she'd requested a second nose's opinion.

Basenotes Plus

In retrospect I shouldn't have worn 4 sprays of Pure Havane when I went to the hotel bar on a hot day in Tampa. The lady next to me almost fainted with the fumes! It taught me a very valuable and not to be repeated lesson though, one not to be repeated!

...dug such a shallow hole?

...joined Basenotes

Blog Entries

In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have worn 10 sprays of Pino Silvestre to bed last night. It made me have this odd dream about a nerdy science chick with a huge bee-hive hairdo kinda like the Pino Silvestre bottle, which changed into something a bit more novel, and which eventually looked pretty reasonable. We were hanging around on a summer night in this rather pleasant walkway between upscale stores, in some universe where fairly classy people think nothing of sleeping in public - I guess because it's safe. Kinda like the world of the homeless dandies. It was pretty cool. Anyway, we decided to sleep in this window recess of a store somewhat analogous to Bulgari, and she keeps doing things to make herself more attractive, and I just keep telling myself "It's only the dog on the other end of the couch - don't get ideas." However, at some point, she pulls out this monstrous doobie, which had an interesting wrapping which reminded me of all sorts of cool mathematical stuff. However, I didn't want to deal with any second-hand pot highs, so I told her I would take a walk while she smoked. I woke up and read Feynman.

In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have bought the Three Wolf Moon T-Shirt, because when I bought one on Amazon, I needed eight or nine bucks to get free shipping, and ordered Pino Silvestre. But when I get the shirt, I'm going to spray on Pino Silvestre while wearing it to bed, and see if she's done with her joint.

In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have laughed so hard the last time somebody on Basenotes posted a picture of the Three Wolf Moon T-Shirt.

worn any fragrance to the baseball game yesterday.

In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have worn Musk Gazelle AA to Whole Foods.
    For those about to stink, I salute you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kron View Post
    ...joined Basenotes
    +1

Drains my bank account
    CURRENT TOP 5

1. Dior Homme Intense
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Tom Ford Extreme
    4. Gucci Pour Homme II
    5. Terre d'Hermes

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have worn Vintage Tabarome to the wine tasting .
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

...joined Basenotes
    That's a good one...

In retrospect I shouldnt have worn 20 sprays of Rien a few days ago.
    Like cacio said, it's a perfume without top notes. It took no prisoners that day. I was overwhelmed for 10 hours!

for swap/sale:

In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have worn 3 sprays of A*men to my basketball game

Blog Entries

In retrospect I shouldn't have ordered a $5.00 oud blend from an Islamic book store in the U.S. Cheap books, cheap smells. Still looking for something as good as AL HARAMAIN Attar Al Kaaba.
    There are no answers, only choices. (Stanislav Lem)

Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    ...It was weeks before it dawned on me that it wasn't my hug-worthiness that made him cling to me like that ~ Collection's boozy tobacco notes were at odds with what I was reporting and she'd requested a second nose's opinion.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have worn 10 sprays of Pino Silvestre to bed last night. It made me have this odd dream about a nerdy science chick with a huge bee-hive hairdo kinda like the Pino Silvestre bottle, which changed into something a bit more novel, and which eventually looked pretty reasonable. We were hanging around on a summer night in this rather pleasant walkway between upscale stores, in some universe where fairly classy people think nothing of sleeping in public - I guess because it's safe. Kinda like the world of the homeless dandies. It was pretty cool. Anyway, we decided to sleep in this window recess of a store somewhat analogous to Bulgari, and she keeps doing things to make herself more attractive, and I just keep telling myself "It's only the dog on the other end of the couch - don't get ideas." However, at some point, she pulls out this monstrous doobie, which had an interesting wrapping which reminded me of all sorts of cool mathematical stuff. However, I didn't want to deal with any second-hand pot highs, so I told her I would take a walk while she smoked. I woke up and read Feynman.
    In retrospect, YOU probably shouldn't have smoked pot before goung to bed

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have worn 6 sprays of DHI to work, when my coworkers are always within an arms length.

Basenotes Plus

I met my new doctor, a lovely lady who didn't have the typical glazed-gaze I see in the eyes of the sleep-deprived interns assigned to me at the teaching hospital I use. She questioned me about my health habits, asking about smoking and drinking at least three times before calling in the department head to meet me. He asked me a few relevant questions, exchanged a glance with her, and then he hugged me - for at least ten seconds, and left the room. I've met some friendly doctors, but that was really different from anything I'd experienced before.

It was weeks before it dawned on me that it wasn't my hug-worthiness that made him cling to me like that ~ Collection's boozy tobacco notes were at odds with what I was reporting and she'd requested a second nose's opinion.
    LOL! It was on that BBC perfume series that interviewed Christopher Brosius where I saw him speak of a scent that almost got an actress fired because it smelled like booze and the director thought she had a drinking problem.

Red I love your Pino soaked dream. Especially the phrase "Kinda like the world of the homeless dandies"
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

SoCal, that was HILARIOUS!

In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have bought the Three Wolf Moon T-Shirt, because when I bought one on Amazon, I needed eight or nine bucks to get free shipping, and ordered Pino Silvestre. But when I get the shirt, I'm going to spray on Pino Silvestre while wearing it to bed, and see if she's done with her joint.

In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have laughed so hard the last time somebody on Basenotes posted a picture of the Three Wolf Moon T-Shirt.
    Red and Hedonist, I know there are times when too much is too much.

And dogs can be the most honest perfume critics.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

...joined Basenotes
    +1

It's a financially painful, loving relationship... Sounds like marriage from what I've been told lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    In retrospect, YOU probably shouldn't have smoked pot before goung to bed
    LOL! True, but one would think that the effects might have worn off after 40 years!

Quote Originally Posted by knit at nite View Post
    Red I love your Pino soaked dream. Especially the phrase "Kinda like the world of the homeless dandies"
    It was quite cool. The people were like a Victorian version of hippies. Steampunk sixties, maybe. It was one of those dreams where you just want to go back to sleep and see where it all goes!

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    And dogs can be the most honest perfume critics.
    She's a character, too. A real dandy's dog. The only fragrances she truly loves are what she shouldn't have - chocolate gourmands!

In retrospect, I shouldn't have chosen 85 degree weather to test my decant of Antaeus
    last spring (and I shouldn't have used 5 sprays either). I thought I was going to suffocate.

Probably need to revisit this one
    in cooler weather, and go a little lighter on the trigger.

In retrospect I probably shouldn't have assumed my newly received bottle Body Kouros was defective and sprayed it many, many times... It turns out my nose just wasn't receptive to it yet. You could smell Body Kouros down the hall...

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have worn Vintage Tabarome to the wine tasting .
    Oh, that will get you some looks!

Quote Originally Posted by eggy View Post
    ...dug such a shallow hole?
    I think this one ends with, "In retrospect, I shouldn't have worn Kouros to prison."

...joined Basenotes
    +1. Oy.

In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have worn 10 sprays of Pino Silvestre to bed last night. It made me have this odd dream about a nerdy science chick with a huge bee-hive hairdo kinda like the Pino Silvestre bottle, which changed into something a bit more novel, and which eventually looked pretty reasonable. We were hanging around on a summer night in this rather pleasant walkway between upscale stores, in some universe where fairly classy people think nothing of sleeping in public - I guess because it's safe. Kinda like the world of the homeless dandies. It was pretty cool. Anyway, we decided to sleep in this window recess of a store somewhat analogous to Bulgari, and she keeps doing things to make herself more attractive, and I just keep telling myself "It's only the dog on the other end of the couch - don't get ideas." However, at some point, she pulls out this monstrous doobie, which had an interesting wrapping which reminded me of all sorts of cool mathematical stuff.
    I could not get the Mars Attacks fembot out of my head when reading about the Pino Silvestre beehive.

However, I didn't want to deal with any second-hand pot highs, so I told her I would take a walk while she smoked. I woke up and read Feynman.
    You're about to lose your redneck credentials with all this Feynman talk Are you reading his lectures, or are they something you go back to for comfort?

If you haven't already, I think you'd enjoy La Notte.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Chambers View Post
    In retrospect, I probably should have worn Kinski to Baby Gap last night. Either the mothers shopping were looking at me funny because I smelled like pot; or my own paranoia convinced me that they were looking at me funny because I smelled like pot. Either way, it was a little too much hemp realness in that bottle for kid-clothes shopping.
    Or it could have been all that weed you were smoking before you went to Baby Gap?

In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have worn Montale Chocolate Greedy to met up with an Ex who has a thing for chocolately scents and tastes. The moral of the story kids, Ex's are Ex's for a reason. Now back to the story of how I met your mother...
    "Geez, when are the 'We love Aventus' T-shirts coming out?"
    (Possum-Pie, 2012)

...gotten my husband into it. Tobacco Vanille and Ambre Narguile are pricier than my stuff!

In retrospect, I should have probably never worn formal scents on informal dates and equally informal social gatherings (in a wider sense of the word, on any occasion requiring casual wear, hardly any strings attached, easygoing and carefree attitude encouraged and almost required etc.).

Also, in retrospect, I should have not worn gourmands and strong powerhouses while still working in rather stuffy, cloistered, narrow office environments- but since I started to freelance from my home office, I can wear pretty much anything I want.

...worn A LOT of vintage Bijan for men a few weeks ago simply to overwhelm any aquatics in the vicinity. Or maybe I should have...still torn on this.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

..worn La Nuit de L'homme to a game of squash. My opponent retired from asphyxiation.

In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have worn Clinique Happy to a funeral.

Quote Originally Posted by sculptureofsoul View Post
    in retrospect, i probably shouldn't have worn clinique happy to a funeral.
    lol!!!

In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have worn 10 sprays of Carnal Flower to that stupid meeting with my dumb boss...As I have noticed his skin was getting reddish during the meeting , up to the point that he was forced to flee the scene desperately searching for some water, dam! I have almost achieved my goal! but in another hand if something more serious had happened with him, I might certainly would have added more extra weight on my already heavy karma.
    Last edited by Bonoanimoes; 8th April 2012 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonoanimoes View Post
    In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have worn 10 sprays of Carnal Flower to that stupid meeting with my dumb boss...As I have noticed his skin was getting reddish during the meeting , up to the point that he was forced to flee the scene desperately searching for some water, dam! I have almost achieved my goal! but in another hand if something more serious had happened with him, I might certainly would have added more extra weight on my already heavy karma.
    Hahaha. That is the best. He had a tuberose allergy?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorje123 View Post
    Or it could have been all that weed you were smoking before you went to Baby Gap?
    Oh, not I. Not that I have anything against it. But when I used to, many years ago, I would inevitably wake up to the well-documented horrors of what had happened after I passed out (which it always made me do). E.g., the last four pictures here or this little game of dress-up-the-passed-out-guy.

In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have worn...

Musc Ravageur to the public open day at the nunnery...

Dior Homme to that fistfight I was challenged to...

Bandit to that Animal Liberation Front rally...

jk

Blog Entries

I could not get the Mars Attacks fembot out of my head when reading about the Pino Silvestre beehive.
    LOL! Definitely started out something like that! But she was... much more..... organic!

You're about to lose your redneck credentials with all this Feynman talk Are you reading his lectures, or are they something you go back to for comfort?
    LOL! I think that's what the Three Wolf Moon T-shirt was subconsciously meant to address!

In answer to your question - both! His lectures were a gift from a student I tutored in college, and as paperbacks, they're getting a bit sorry by now. I'm waiting for the Kindle versions, for sure. I have never had a moment reading those pages which was wasted. If I was abandoned on a desert island, I would die happy with a copy of his Lectures (and Terre d'Hermès Parfum, too, but I'd take the books if it had to be only one!)

I find his exposition of anything to be refreshing, but I truly believe that he openly shares his fundamental viewpoint of physics in those pages. When I want to "get back to basics", I read from the lectures.

If you haven't already, I think you'd enjoy La Notte.
    Thanks for that recommendation - I haven't, and I absolutely agree!

"In retrospect, I should not have worn Mastroianni to Monica Vitti's party," says Jeanne Moreau.

I think this one ends with, "In retrospect, I shouldn't have worn Kouros to prison."
    New thread idea?
    "What frag would you wear on your first day in prison" lol

A*Men layered with TdH to the gym.

Basenotes Institution

Hilarious thread...sorry I don't have a "in retrospect..." story to post, but that's most likely because I think **way too much** about what fragrance I wear. I need to lighten up a bit, eh?
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle