Code of Conduct

Default Most Recent Purchase: LIDGE

Two days ago, I ordered two bottles of LIDGE from Guerlain Canada. I was thrilled by the great price and free shipping. I asked the sales associate if she could make me samples of the men's line but she said they had over 200 scents and it would be hard for her to do so lol. I called back 5 mins later and gave her a list of what I wanted her to make me samples of:

Guerlain Homme
    Guerlain Homme Intense
    Tonka Imperial
    Spiriteuse Double Vanille
    Habit Rouge
    Angelique Noire
    Iris Ganache
    Cuir Beluga
    Shalimar
    Bois d' Armenie
    L'Instant De Guerlain

Which one do you guys think is a winner from this list?

Default Re: Most Recent Purchase: LIDGE

Any IMO from below:

Guerlain Homme
    Guerlain Homme Intense
    Tonka Imperial
    Habit Rouge
    L'Instant De Guerlain

SdV

Free shipping from Canada to US??? How much was a bottle of LIDGE from there?
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

SDV is one of the finest scents I have ever smelled. Wearing it, is a fantastic journey.

mesaboogie, $76 per bottle

I dont want to threadjack but could someone compare SdV vs. Tonka Imperiale, not based on notes per se but on which you prefer and why

EDIT: Disregard. Saw a couple threads...half prefer one and half prefer the other LOL. As is usually the case, I have to sample this myself to truly know which I would like better. Next time I'm in Chicago will do this.

Also many guerlains are available in Neiman Marcus, if you have one near you.
    Last edited by cameron; 7th April 2012 at 10:30 PM.

guerlain Canada? I'm guessing you can only order by phone? because I can't find a canada specific guerlain site! did you order by calling the guerlain institute in Montreal? (514 area code?)

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    guerlain Canada? I'm guessing you can only order by phone? because I can't find a canada specific guerlain site! did you order by calling the guerlain institute in Montreal? (514 area code?)

http://www.yelp.com/biz/guerlain-canada-toronto
    I called that number.

wow, great info and price, thegoon24.. I'm sure Guerlain Canada will be getting a influx of calls from US BN'ers that read this post

Per your original post:

L'Instant de Guerlain PH EDT
    SDV (one I am dying to sample, so I would have to recommend picking up a sample of that)
    Tonka Imperiale
    Habit Rouge

Quote Originally Posted by killerloop View Post
    wow, great info and price, thegoon24.. I'm sure Guerlain Canada will be getting a influx of calls from US BN'ers that read this post

Yeah no problem man, it's nice to help the community out and inform them before they pay outrageous prices for this fragrance. For those of you reading this, the sales associate told me that they were stocked up on LIDGE

Quote Originally Posted by thegoon24 View Post
    mesaboogie, $76 per bottle
    Thanks. That's a great price!
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

thanks for the info

Tonka Imperial
    Habit Rouge
    Bois d'Armenie
    Shalimar

Those are the best out of those in my opinion.
    My Top Ten:

1: Guerlain - Habit Rouge
    2: Guerlain - Jicky
    3: Guerlain - Mouchoir de Monsieur
    4: Guerlain - Shalimar
    5: Knize - Knize Ten
    6: Caron - Yatagan
    7: Caron - Pour Un Homme
    8: Jean Desprez - Bal a Versailles
    9: Yves Saint Laurent - M7
    10: Salvador Dali - Dali Pour Homme

Blog Entries

Two days ago, I ordered two bottles of LIDGE from Guerlain Canada. I was thrilled by the great price and free shipping. I asked the sales associate if she could make me samples of the men's line but she said they had over 200 scents and it would be hard for her to do so lol. I called back 5 mins later and gave her a list of what I wanted her to make me samples of:

Guerlain Homme
    Guerlain Homme Intense
    Tonka Imperial
    Habit Rouge
    Angelique Noire
    Iris Ganache
    Cuir Beluga
    Shalimar
    Bois d' Armenie
    L'Instant De Guerlain

Which one do you guys think is a winner from this list?
    Guerlain Homme - I like it, but hard to recommend to BNers - a bit too designerish for many. Best to sample.
    Guerlain Homme Intense - more like a green LIDGE. Easy recommendation if you like LIDGE. WINNER!
    Tonka Imperial - nice - WINNER!
    Spiriteuse Double Vanille - nice, but simpler than TI. Too simple and sweet for some, but others love it. WINNER?
    Habit Rouge - never got this - I don't know why. MUST SAMPLE - too many respectable noses love this like crazy.
    Angelique Noire - no comment
    Iris Ganache - no comment
    Cuir Beluga - no comment
    Shalimar - classic, beautiful, but I can't wear it. MUST SAMPLE or OWN.
    Bois d' Armenie - came extremely close to a buy on this. Bought Derby instead. WINNER!
    L'Instant De Guerlain - nice - a bit dryer than LIDGE. WINNER!

What the hell is LIDGE? If it's an acronym, I'm upset. I've noticed a disturbing trend on this and other forums of over-reliance (in my opinion) on acronyms in posts. Is it some kind of attempt at an insider jargon? Because frankly, it's a bother to decipher a stream of meaningless letters every time I read a post. I can't find "lidge" in the Fragrance Directory. Maybe I'm just not cool enough to know what it is? My suggestion to everyone: try to keep the conversations inclusive and avoid acronyms where possible. Is is that much trouble to type out a few words? *Bonus: it also helps improve your spelling.

I kinda too was thinking what the world does lidge stand for, lol, you're not alone!
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Quote Originally Posted by professor goggles View Post
    What the hell is LIDGE? If it's an acronym, I'm upset. I've noticed a disturbing trend on this and other forums of over-reliance (in my opinion) on acronyms in posts. Is it some kind of attempt at an insider jargon? Because frankly, it's a bother to decipher a stream of meaningless letters every time I read a post. I can't find "lidge" in the Fragrance Directory. Maybe I'm just not cool enough to know what it is? My suggestion to everyone: try to keep the conversations inclusive and avoid acronyms where possible. Is is that much trouble to type out a few words? *Bonus: it also helps improve your spelling.
    L'Instant De guerlain Extreme. I feel you but it is a pain to right the name out also.

OP,
    I would go with these.
    Guerlain Homme
    Guerlain Homme Intense
    Tonka Imperial
    Cuir Beluga
    L'Instant De Guerlain
    Heritage

It's not about being elitist but rather just convenience. Typing lidge or dhi instead of full names is much more convenient and since 99% of members know the acronyms to these hyped up frags, it actually makes sense IMO. Besides you might not be able to find lidge in the directory but typing guerlain (which could easily be deduced from the posts in this topic) and lidge in google, voila you get your answer

Tonka Imperial
    Habit Rouge

All very nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe BN should have a dictionary section for terms/acrynoms
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche

At first I didn't make the connection between LIDGE and L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme, but it took a whole 2 seconds to search "LIDGE fragrance" in google and figure it out. Now I understand for life and instead of typing a really annoying name to type I can press 5 keys and I'm done. The pro's of acronyms outway the cons, that's why they exist.

*Bonus: it also helps your internet skills.

Basenotes Plus

When I awoke from my slumber this morning I had almost decided on MI for my fragrance, then I thought "Mmmm", GIT might be a better choice. I was just about to apply but thought that on balance LIDGE could well be the better choice, but then made a final decision that it just had to be SDV!
    Hard work never killed anyone, but why risk it?

Quote Originally Posted by indianwells View Post
    When I awoke from my slumber this morning I had almost decided on MI for my fragrance, then I thought "Mmmm", GIT might be a better choice. I was just about to apply but thought that on balance LIDGE could well be the better choice, but then made a final decision that it just had to be SDV!
    lol. Just lets not get started on DHI
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche