Code of Conduct

Thumbs up Zirh Corduroy: A Review

So I owned a bottle of Corduroy ages ago, in fact I vividly remember dropping and shattering a bottle in my bathroom, but totally forgot what it smelled like. As fortune would have it, a bottle was on sale for 9.99 for 75mL, complete impulse purchase territory I snapped it up, another Zirh hits the discount racks. So on to the review.

What can I say, I'm thoroughly impressed by Zirh's fragrance line, I own and love Ikon and this is yet another great frag from a grooming company that perhaps doesn't sell the most niche or flashy scents, but scents that answer the question "what do I want to smell like all the time." You see, some of these more risque fragrance houses may have flash and unique notes that hit you harder than Mike Tyson off his meds, but not Corduroy. It's a polite woody spice that opens with a natural smelling lemon note. Nothing over the top or mind blowing, simply something where you think "wow, I smell good." The cardamom is well done here and I don't smell like I've been sleeping with my spice rack, it's a pleasant light balanced scent, nothing more, nothing less. Longevity is 5-6 but depends on application, for this price point, you can spray a little more, and it doesn't project so as to clear a room.

Drydown is a woody and vanilla affair, but this isn't sickly sweet like alot of the uber-gourmands, it's a polite sweetness, just the right ammount to compliment the sandalwood I get in this. IF you find this cheap, it's an excellent blind buy and a great safe everyday scent when you don't feel like rocking the Tobacco Vanille.

Default Re: Zirh Corduroy: A Review

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisdeSod View Post
    As fortune would have it, a bottle was on sale for 9.99 for 75mL, complete impulse purchase territory I snapped it up, another Zirh hits the discount racks.
    Great price. Now don't drop this one!

I thought this was discontinued. True?

For me the ingredient quality is just too low, or else I just don't like particular synthetics being used in it.

There's something about the spicyness of the nutmeg and the vanilla in the base that reminds me of roasting smores at a campfire. It's one of the most relaxing and comforting fragrances in my collection and with it being dirt cheap I can stock up.

Banned

nice review ... thanks for the info ...

This is one of those fragrances that I loved from the start, however, it just didn't last well on my skin.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

One of the best cheapies you'll ever find. This fragrance is in my all time top 10 ever.

Nice review...... I'm tempted....!!

This is a really nice one, especially given the low prices it can be had for.