Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Basenotes Plus

Default SotD: Sunday 8th Apri 2012.

Good morning !. SotD is SL Feminite du Bois.

Welcome back Larimar

Rtamara, you and yours will be in my thoughts today.

Just off to Heathrow to collect sister and brother-in-law arriving from New Zealand. Back later...
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 8th April 2012 at 08:45 AM.

Default Re: SotD: Sunday 8th Apri 2012.

Good morning!

Jubilation XXV

Thumbs up Re: SotD: Sunday 8th Apri 2012.

Vintage Eau de Toilette

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Hey chaps, good morning! Happy Easter! What lovely animated pics and smileys!
    It's so ..... cold this morning (fill in appropriate word at your discretion) and the wind chill is terrible. It will be a warm comfy indoor Easter as far as I am concerned.
    SotD is Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier's Pour le Jeune Homme. A fantastic neroli prominent Eau de cologne type fragrance that lasts 12 hours easily on me. I am so happy with this Paris purchase.
    I owe you the culinary bits of my trip, but the completion of the perfumed bits is first.
    Have a great day all!

Hello all. A sample of Chanel No18
    DONNA

Blog Entries

Un lys Happy Easter!

Today is Parfum D'Habit

Picture courtesy of Memory Of Scent

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Happy Easter to those who celebrate and hedonist !

L., please DO NOT let your gastronomic experiences get lost somewhere in the depths of the OT forum, post right here on the Ladies' side, please?

Gonna be a looooooooong day for me -- Sunday buffet at a restaurant (little contest, perhaps? Whoever guesses the closest to the correct number of cupcakes we (read "I" LOL) baked and decorated, will get the lightly used sample of the delicious Caron Accord 119) and then Old Folks after 4PM.

Bottega Veneta.

Afternoon all. New Visa today.

Hi all,

SotD is Acqua di Parma Colonia - something bright for a dull and wet day.
    Larimar - do post about your gastronomic delights. Thanks too for the great write up of your perfumed adventures. Loved it !

Best to all today.

Basenotes Plus

Happy Easter, everyone!

It's also my daughter's birthday today, so it's an extra special day!

SotD is Jo Malone White Lilac and Rhubarb.

Sur la Plage

Good morning! My SOTD is Comme des Garcons Series 1: Leaves - Lily.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Been traveling...
    I was wearing Aromatics Elixir for the trip
    Been wearinf these the last few days: Angel, J'dore, Guerlain Attrape-Coeur, Noir de Noir by Tom Ford, Tubereuse Couture Parfumerie Generale, Eau de Verveine by Penhaligon

The Different Company - Sel de Vetiver

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Dior Jules this bright and sunny Easter morning
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Basenotes Plus

Kiliwia, happy birthday to your daughter!

SOTD is Creed Angelique Encens

Happy Easter to everyone celebrating and a lovely Sunday to all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Chanel No. 22.

Happy Birthday to Kiliwia's daughter. :-)

Happy Easter!

Where the .... did my Paris thread - perfumed bits go? I can't find it. Do you guys still see it or know where it's been disposed at? Thanks in advance!

Good morning, and Happy Easter!

It's bright and sunny here, too! I missed the sunrise this morning, but the beach was still deserted, and the view was quite nice for my run.

I was wearing Fragonard Belle de Soleil, and it's still lingering beautifully.

Y'all have a fantastic day, and Happy Birthday to Little K!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    Where the .... did my Paris thread - perfumed bits go? I can't find it. Do you guys still see it or know where it's been disposed at? Thanks in advance!
    I was just wondering that myself.

I keep picturing you wearing Vega and it makes me smile.
    Tell me, what were the peint main Limoges porcelain tchotchkes like Chez Caron?
    I bought a heart shaped box with hand painted blue hydrangeas at another boutique. I LOVE those little riens.

Basenotes Institution

Look at the size of that bunny ! I wanna hug him !

Have a great Easter everyone ! Lots of love !
    Happy birthday to Kiliwia 's little girl !

Melograno this morning .

nb. Larimar- I don't see your thread anywhere ! Maybe you should post it again ?
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 8th April 2012 at 03:22 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Basenotes Plus

Happy Birthday to Kiliwia's daughter

SotE - MFK Cologne pour le Soir.

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    Hey chaps, good morning! Happy Easter! What lovely animated pics and smileys!
    It's so ..... cold this morning (fill in appropriate word at your discretion) and the wind chill is terrible.
    Welcome back darling Larimar! It is *blank* freezing here too. Your MP&G "cologne type but lasting" fragrance sounds lovely. Do tell more when you have time.

Well, I am off this weekend. My little niece was in town yesterday with her mum and dad. We met for lunch. She is seven. A late arrival to the family and the joy of our lives. She is beautiful. So, there she is with her handbag and all jewelled up. She thinks that you have to be "fancy" when you come to town. Good girl. So there are mischevious smiles all round as she shows me what she got earlier in the day. She had been in a Department store. She spotted some lip gloss in the sale for £2, so she asked her mum if she could have permission to buy it. (All the wee totty ones want lipgloss now, !?!? She is allowed to wear a very discreet amount on special occasions, just like a balm really, and she thinks that she is the bees knees). So her mum said that if she really wanted it she could have it if she bought it with her own money, (a rare occurence, believe me). So she did! As she was paying, the SA's thought her cute, and oooohed and aaahed, and gave her some samples. LOTS of samples. She smiled at me as she cheekily brought them out of her handbag one at a time and put them on the table, and they kept coming and kept coming. What a haul!! She also had some lovely little animated books that the SA at Nina Ricci gave her. You know the flick type? You flick the pages fast and a moving picture of a little girl picking an apple from a tree appears. She was so delighted with that, that the SA gave her MORE, which she intends to give to her best friends. Of course the little books come with matching samples. She though all of this hilarious because she knows that I love fragrance and she and I smell, play, decant, discuss when she is at my house. Really, another time she was given her own samples at Annick Goutal, including Petite Cherie, which seemed particularly nice.

So the point of the story is that the next time she is in town I will take her to the Chanel Exlusivs Counter and shove her in front of me.

Na, the point of the story is that I love her and she made my day!

Kyoto today.

And a very happy birthday to Kiliwia's little girl!!

Good evening team!

Wore French Lover this morning.

Will wear idol de lubin this evening.

Happy birthday lio kiliwia!!

Lol Foustie, cute story.

Twolf, lol thanks!

for swap/sale:

Happy Easter!
    (we celebrate next Sunday)

Happy Birthday to your daughter, Kiliwia!

Thank you for your wishes and kind words, gandhajala!
    I know, from personal experience, it is a big disappointment when you can't study what you want.
    But, unfortunately, it seems that young people will have to face even greater problems in the future...

I finished my sample of
    Nuda - Nasomatto,
    this morning.
    A nice jasmine but it doesn't last on me.

Last edited by *dora*; 8th April 2012 at 04:08 PM.

..........EDP

Happy Easter!

Happy birthday wishes to Kiliwia's girl!

Infusion d'Iris for Sunday dinner/Easter egg hunt. Love to everyone!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Good Evening,

Happy B'day, Kiliwia Jr.!
    Larimar - I really hope your thread reappears. Very odd. Have you contacted a mod ?
    Evangeline - What a spectacular beach ! Having spent much of my childhood in Australia, that's one thing I miss living here in England....

SotE is Mitsouko (vintage extrait ).
    Best to all.

Blog Entries

Happy Easter to those who celebrate and to those who celebrate today!

I am braving Rubj by Vero Profumo, and Mr. W. likes it. Whoa! This boy has an expensive taste (well, so do I, I'm afraid), but our expensive tastes do not always match I will think what to do about that.

Wolfie, 320?
    Foustie, what a cute story. I think Les Exclusives is a grand plan, go for it girl! Well, girlz

Larimar, I hope that thread reappears soon. I want to read it!

Mimi, I think somebody crossed a bunny with a moose!

Foustie, that is the cutest story.

I have my little NZ lamb roast in the oven, and a pan of mixed root veggies. It smells yummy, getting hungry.

SotA is Insolence edt.

SotE is Vega.
    I contacted a mod with regard to my thread. It shows up when searched, but the link is invalid. If it's gone, it's gone as I don't save my threads. It's as simple as that.
    No, Wolfie, I will post the culinary delights here, in particular now that threads seem to disappear magically.

Happy Easter to those celebrating, and Happy Birthday to Kiliwia Junior!

We're joining some friends for a potluck brunch. I'm taking my special minted fruit salad and I will be wearing Beige.
    Last edited by Haunani; 8th April 2012 at 07:59 PM.

Gosh y'awl smell spectacular

Mr Ali and I share a unique scent today, Sawdust and Righteous Sweat! After finishing laying the oak floor and wire wooling the vintage dresser and doing the relevant cleaning, we are both now chilling watching a film. Too tired to move but pleased with our accomplishments
    Last edited by Alityke; 8th April 2012 at 09:29 PM.

easter-bunny-cupcakes-recipe-photo-420-FF0305ALMAA02.jpgfive-tier-pastel-fondant-cake-with-flowers.jpg
    Happy Easter to a bunch of honey bunnies! Sorry the image is not larger; I don't know how to resize images.

Happy Birthday to "Baby K."

I'm in AL China Pearl today. Take care, all.
    Last edited by Leesee; 8th April 2012 at 09:11 PM.

Chamade Parfum (Guerlain)

Happy Easter!
    I spend the morning with my horse, riding and fooling around, so was doused in ''Eau de Cheval'', spend the afternoon in Aperçu Houbigant.
    Found no eggs, but left a surprise egg full of small chocolate eggs and decorating goodies for the neighbor's little daughter.

''Do unto others 20% better than you'd expect them to do unto you to correct for subjective error.''
    (Linus Pauling)

www.aafke-art.com

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Good afternoon all,

I have a few minutes break. Mom has been here for lunch and now we're taking her for a drive to see the daffodils in Meriden's Hubbard Park again, before driving her home. We've been watching The Gods Must Be Crazy II and laughing till our sides ached.

SotD is Diabolo Rose-- the mint note went very nicely with the roast leg of lamb with mint jelly that I served.

queen of the universe

I'm stuck home with shin splints. Ballgame on the radio and at last the sun has come out, so I'm bringing the outdoors in with Oscar de la Renta's Volupte, a lovely green floral. All that and the NYT crossword puzzle.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

The Southeast coastal Florida weather is perfect for Havana tonight.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Happy Easter! I am new here. I originally intended to wear Frederic Malle Lys Mediterranee today, since it seems exactly like Easter lilies to me, but I ended up trying my Ormonde Jayne Ta'if sample and I am in love--so warm on a chilly day.

For those of you who wore lily scents, did you do so for Easter?
    Kiliwia—Happy Birthday to your daughter! It's my baby sister's 18th today, and my 7-year-old is tremendously excited that her birthday is on Easter; she thinks it is the bee's knees.
    Foustie—your niece sounds darling!
    Hedonist222—Ooh, Idole de Lubin is one I want to try.
    Hanauni—minted fruit salad sounds wonderful!

It is nice to be here! I look forward to getting to know you all!

Basenotes Institution

Welcome Anat and Happy Easter too !
    Back in Fleurs d'Oranger by Uncle Sergie . It's such a boootiful day that this scent fits it perfectly .

Thank you, Mimi!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FrouFrou View Post
    Happy Easter!
    I spend the morning with my horse, riding and fooling around, so was doused in ''Eau de Cheval'', spend the afternoon in Aperçu Houbigant.
    Found no eggs, but left a surprise egg full of small chocolate eggs and decorating goodies for the neighbor's little daughter.

Yay Kitty in the dog bed!

Ode Guerlain today, two drops left from a TPC sample. I really loved this one. I wished it was re-issued, sigh!

Larimar, I am sorry you cannot find your thread. I was looking forward to reading it, especially after reading your post in the SOTD yesterday:

"Thank you all for your kind welcome back and thoughts while I was away (Wolfie, Mims, PerfumedLady). I had a FANTASTIC time in Paris, ate deliciously (a lot), did squeeze in more perfume trails in my agenda than foreseen - Guerlain, Maitre Parfumeur, Caron, Francis Kurkdjian, Serge Lutens / Palais Royale. I will be back with a boring much of information and thoughts soon. No scent of the day yet as I am lying in the hot bath tub typing this. My SotD will be Vega, which I fell madly and crazily in love with on the spot... and this comes from me, who does not really like No. 5 Vega is already decanted and ready to be spritzed. While we are at it... I also bought Eau pour le Jeune Homme ( Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier )... huh, I feel so flattered (I found MY Eau de Cologne) and Francis Kurkdjian's Elixirs de Lumiere Noire Femme. Needless to say, I was a bad boy exceeding my budget... Smooches and hugs all around (if welcome)! Poor kewart, I wish your time of being painfree again was coming up right now! Best wishes!"
    Evenstar

Blog Entries

SOTD: Le Temps d'Une Fete by Parfums de Nicolai.

Hey everyone -

I'm now in Samsara, vintage-90s edp ...one of my favorite perfectly-suited-for-warm-weather orientals. Y'all have a great evening!

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    Evangeline - What a spectacular beach ! Having spent much of my childhood in Australia, that's one thing I miss living here in England....
    It is a gorgeous and perfectly pristine beach, g ...just miles and miles of fine, sugar-white sand, the softest you can find in the US, but not great for collecting shells, much to the dismay of the rug-rats. Are you originally from Australia? Yeah, I suppose they have some pretty good beaches there, too.

Foustie - cute story! My niece is also seven ...going on seventeen and such a little diva! I tell ya, it'd be quite annoying if she were an adult, but she's got a few more years of people thinking it's cute and precocious.

Welcome to basenotes, Anat13 - I'm very pleased to meet you!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

HAPPY EASTER TO ALL WHO CELEBRATE!!!
    Spicebomb by Viktor & Rolf
    Gary

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing By Kilian Beyond Love today.

Happy Easter to those who celebrate. I couldn't change my avatar to my traditional bleu peeps ... so here they are :

I've trademarked the color bleu

Our day was busy, whew.

Datura Blanche!

Basenotes Institution

In sort of a sad, bittersweet mood this Easter, but all in all it was a wonderfully beautiful day. I wore some Concentree d'Orange Verte from a sample (thank you Larimar) this morning to breakfast, then I came back home and had a nap (I love doing that some weekend afternoons). Then I spent the rest of the day lounging about, doing absolutely nothing. TOnight sampling:

Cepes & Tuberose by Aftelier (from a sample - thank you Renee)

All the weird and animalic things in nature, heightened. Not sure if this is something I would reach for on a regular basis (the tuberose is very strong...almost bordering on headache-inducing) but the strangeness is alluring.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 9th April 2012 at 12:52 AM.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Passage d'Enfer.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Basenotes Institution

(((Mike)))

This evening after all the activity and the day that got hotter and hotter.......
    I jumped in a cold shower and then sprayed on Santa Maria Novella's Acqua di Colonia liberally . In fact I'm going to have me several more sprays soon ...... With the A/C on - it's bliss !

Anat- - Ta'if is truly gorgeous .

Lilltle K and mama -- Happy Birthday to you both, although I imagine that little K is not very little any more. \
    Foustie
    -- do take her with you to the Chanel boutique, wonderful story, more to come.

L. -- bummer and very sorry about it.

As for the cupcakes, so far Warum is the closest with her guess of 320. In fact, she is the only one who guessed. LOL I will wait until tomorrow morning to reveal but again, she is quite close to the actual number and no, it is not 300.

Anat, nice you have decided to delurk and started posting. Welcome.

Infusion Organique Buddha Fig this evening. Need some light but enveloping warmth, especially in the lower back, but behind the ears with the wrists will do too.

Basenotes Institution

Twolfie - I'll guess ... 410 !

Foustie - that's great story ! I love Petite Cherie myself . I must go get my bottle out - it's perfect for this time of year .

Jujy - get better from the shin splints !

Blog Entries

In a crazy shift of mood I reached out for Bronze Goddess. about this time a year I start craving beach. Sigh.

Wolfie, I did not submit Mr. W's guess, but he was guessing about a 100 less than I did. I bet your lower back needs something. (((Hugs)))

(((Mikeperez))), thanks for saying it. Same mood this Easter here, but the day was quiet and good.

Very sorry I could not read L's thread. I am always interested in reading about travels to Paris.

Hello and happy almost belated Easter. Scent of the evening is Samsara.
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

Welcome, Anat13, and hello to Arwen Elf!

Twolf, I'll guess 540, just to be different.