Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Junkie

Default Another VS-thread! Creed Royal Water vs Silver Mountain Water vs Bois De Cederate

Puh - another Creed vs-thread?

Couldn't really find one comprising the above scents here, so here goes.

I'm currently sampling Royal Water, and it's damn good. I haven't conducted "serious" tests regarding longevity, only done a decent sized sample on the upper part of my hand now and then, and I just can't stop smelling it. The lemony aroma is just fantastic.

Then I received a sample of Bois De Cederate from Oslo_Fjord (cheers man, awesome!) and I got to say, it's damn good as well, but I keep reading about bad longevity on that as well.

To make matters worse, I read about Silver Mountain Water being in the same category as the above ones.

Do mind, I already have both Aqua Di Parma Colonia and Essenza, and I guess they do more or less exactly what these Creeds do as well.

Still - I'd like to have something on my wish-list. What should it be? I'd also be very happy with recommendations for other niches doing that same (preferably) lemon-party with that distinct freshness from Sicilian lemon. I detect it in both Royal Water and Bois De Cederate, and I just can't get enough.

Default Re: Another VS-thread! Creed Royal Water vs Silver Mountain Water vs Bois De Cederate

I've only tried SMW and RW. RW smells weird to me. Like a dark citrus, very 80's ish, not really my style at that price, although it isn't bad. SMW is very nice, but I get spotty longevity with it.

Basenotes Junkie

Default Re: Another VS-thread! Creed Royal Water vs Silver Mountain Water vs Bois De Cederate

After re-reading reviews of Silver Mountain Water, I definitely need to source a sample of it. I can't remember it at all, and thought it was all about citrus (as the other two's are).

Cheers for the feedback so far. To me, RW is pretty light and airy, with that distinct lemon and probably some wood, though it's VERY "light" and on my semi-dry skin not very dominant at the moment.

Basenotes Junkie

Double-post, ugh! Had issues with this after the forum came back up :/ sorry.
    Last edited by hreple; 8th April 2012 at 11:31 AM. Reason: double-post

Bois de Cedrat for me. But, like you seem to have great Acqua di Parmas, and if you don't necessary want or need another good citrus frag then it will be SMW. I found Royal Water too feminine for me.
    Please check out my selling list:

MDCI Invasion Barbare & Narciso Rodriguez Musc oil for him

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/376...-etc-Worldwide!

I prefer Silver Mountain Water by a small margin, though Royal Water is a bit more unique. the rumour says it was created for Princess of Wales, Lady Diana. Spring and summer is coming up! Does it have to be niche? One of my favorit lemony scents is the classy, refined CHANEL Allure homme Edition Blanche. A creamy woody lemon, with a outstanding sillage and longevity that outstrip the two you mention. You can get EDT, showergel and deo-stick for the price you pay for one bottle of Creed. -However.. I know you are on a "Creed mania" at the moment, so just go for it!

Basenotes Junkie

I am on a Creed-mania, but screw that, I've got eight Creeds I REALLY love at the moment, I don't really need more from them.

I guess I'm just after that Sicilian lemon mixed with some creamy wood, a good sillage and longevity, you know.

I'm definitely going to try out Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche. I saw it sitting in your cabinet, and got curious, but forgot to ask about it. Heh.

I can see how Royal Water is a bit on the feminine side, and I'm pretty sure I'll pass on it. Got so many other scents I want to try out, and tipping by our place didn't really do me any favors for my planned downsizing, Oslo-Fjord

Thanks for the info so far, everyone! Hands down awesome community, this

Royal water is better!! I think rw is very underrated scent!!

Of these three Bois de Cedrat is the most masculine and refreshingly dry, clean and crisp. Silver Mountain Water is moody- a little bipolar - with sanguine blackberry notes hiding a blunted soft tea middle note covered over with a sparkling facade. SMW is more difficult to enjoy everyday than its more socially adept brother in law - Millisime Imperial - might try that one. Royal Water is decidedly feminine - but is a favorite of my girlfriend. Royal Water also smells fantastic with a slight floral indolic kick plus a bit of cumin to add interest to the sparkling eau de cologne nature of it. It is really a judgement call between these three. Bois de Cedrat is more conservatively masculine, while SMW is more artistic and darkly tuned, with Royal Water being a bit more adventuresome. Its a personal choice of styles you prefer I guess.

Silver Mountain Water of the three would be my pick although I also like Royal Water.

SMW is nice to wear once every few weeks. I like it.

I don't much care for Royal Water. I like SMW, but never seem to wear it -- I have so many others I enjoy, it never cracks my starting lineup. I never wake up and think "Today is a SMW day."

As for Bois de Cedrat, I'd wear it more often if it lasted more than an hour or two. I only wear it when I'm going out for an hour or so and intend to wear something else later in the day, and those occasions are very rare.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

I vote for Royal Water - Which is fresh, whithout t being obviously citric based, the stars on Royal water are:
    - Peppermint;
    - Juniper Berries;
    - Basil;
    Last edited by Bonoanimoes; 9th April 2012 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonoanimoes View Post
    I vote for Royal Water - Which is fresh, whiteout being obviously citric based, the stars on Royal water are:
    - Peppermint;
    - Juniper Berries;
    - Basil;
    I like this one also...SMW is more unique IMO, but I'll wear both of them a good bit in the coming months.

My vote is for Royal Water!!!
    Gary

Royal Water

Weird how Royal Water are getting all the votes here but it is a fragrance that is never talked about. Is it that good or are the other two just horrible?

(I've only smelt SMW and I love it)

Quote Originally Posted by Ete View Post
    Weird how Royal Water are getting all the votes here but it is a fragrance that is never talked about. Is it that good or are the other two just horrible?

(I've only smelt SMW and I love it)
    If you read previous posts you'll see Royal Water gets some love but doesnt have the love to compete with other, much more loved fragrances if you want to call it that.

Basenotes Junkie

Nice feedback here.

I definitely have to re-sample SMW. Can't remember it at all any more, which is a shame. I keep really liking RW, and not finding it too feminine, but I have to run that by a couple of friends to get some second opinions.

BDC is REALLY good, but at the same time, I really fear for the absurd longevity. Have to sample some other stuff dotted with Sicilian Lemon. I should maybe try out ADP Assoluta. Got Colonia / Essenza, as said, but MOAR can never hurt from ADP. I'm a citrus-lover through and through.

I have purchased many Creeds, but Bois de Cedrat and Royal Water happen to be two that I returned. Royal Water's opening was very bad to me and the dry down was much too powdery and feminine, IMO. Bois de Cedrat barely has a smell right out of the bottle, much less a couple of hours later.

SMW is a beautiful, classic scent that many have tried to copy, without success. It's the only one to consider purchasing from the three you listed, in my opinion. Some do not experience good longevity with it, while others think it's fine. If it's not good on your skin, spraying on clothing usually fixes the problem. But be careful, as it can be overpowering.

While I do think RW is underappreciated, SMW is way better to me, definitely because of the tea note.