Code of Conduct

Default Surrender to Chance

I'm sure those of you who have purchased from The Perfumed Court in the past have received an email from Patti and Lisa informing all of their separation from The Perfumed Court. Nice to see another option for decants. Good luck to them.

http://surrendertochance.com/

Default Re: Surrender to Chance

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    Nice to see another option for decants. Good luck to them.
    Likewise.

Basenotes Institution

Love the new website and I subscribed to their newsletter. Thanks !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

It's nice to see first class shipping within the USA at $2.95-- the $5.95 charge from TPC was a positive deterrent to my buying a few samples (which is all I would normally buy at one time.)

I'm all for a business turning a profit, but the profit ought not to be on the shipping (a handling charge figured into the shipping cost is reasonable, as mailers and packing materials aren't free.)

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    It's nice to see first class shipping within the USA at $2.95-- the $5.95 charge from TPC was a positive deterrent to my buying a few samples (which is all I would normally buy at one time.)

I'm all for a business turning a profit, but the profit ought not to be on the shipping (a handling charge figured into the shipping cost is reasonable, as mailers and packing materials aren't free.)
    30 Roses- I am glad I am not the only one who noted this !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

yeah I like the site and ordered a few samples from them, although just noticed on my c/c statement the charge came through under the perfumed court. Im sure its fine but its a bit strange. Never recieved an email as the site says I would either, but cant see the order in the status section of the website. Not a big deal, my order was nerly the 300th so that seems like a descent amount of orders for the opening weekend, assuming the orders started at zero.
    "Geez, when are the 'We love Aventus' T-shirts coming out?"
    (Possum-Pie, 2012)

anyone else noticed there prices were higher then TPC?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Osi1s View Post
    yeah I like the site and ordered a few samples from them, although just noticed on my c/c statement the charge came through under the perfumed court. Im sure its fine but its a bit strange. Never recieved an email as the site says I would either, but cant see the order in the status section of the website. Not a big deal, my order was nerly the 300th so that seems like a descent amount of orders for the opening weekend, assuming the orders started at zero.
    l also noticed that the charge came through under TPC on my Paypal notification. And l've been a bit worried that l did not receive an email confirming my order, but it's reassuring to know that it's not just me.
    How did you know that your order was nearly the 300th? l didn't notice that on the site.

l didn't compare prices as l was using the coupon code, but as l ordered some quite rare & expensive items, l expected the prices to be high. l did get free shipping, though!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Oupavoc View Post
    anyone else noticed there prices were higher than TPC?
    More than TPC and LS overall....Shipping is lower, but after 3 samples it's a savings wash. However, I am not complaining.This is an expensive hobby, no matter how you look at it. I thought the site was user friendly and looked nice overall. I almost placed an order but i wanted the Hilde Soliani sample pack from LS more this month. Will be back next month.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    l also noticed that the charge came through under TPC on my Paypal notification. And l've been a bit worried that l did not receive an email confirming my order, but it's reassuring to know that it's not just me.
    How did you know that your order was nearly the 300th? l didn't notice that on the site.

l didn't compare prices as l was using the coupon code, but as l ordered some quite rare & expensive items, l expected the prices to be high. l did get free shipping, though!
    Yeah I didnt compare, they seemed about on par with what I expected to pay and with the discount I figured it would be the same if not a bit cheaper. I also figure being a new business the girls will be working extra hard to make sure the turn around time on orders is well etc. I am not convinced its business as usual at TPC yet.

As for the order number, if you log in to the site and go to orders or account details > Orders you should be able to see your order number as well as the details of the order
    (Possum-Pie, 2012)

Blog Entries

Oh l see, thanks Osi!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

I noticed that many of their fragrances I priced were about 25% higher than PC's already high prices, that's unacceptable.

Their site is already having issues!

I received another email from them. I had signed up on their site. Will be interested to try the sample.

Hi Alfred and congratulations! You are one of our Surrender to Chance Grand Opening winners. You have won an 8ml decant of Atelier Ambre Nue. That will be mailed out to you this week. We look forward to meeting your future perfume needs!!

Patty and Lisa
    Surrender to Chance

I just received my orders. Ordered the second day it was open and they arrived then so same time frame as TpC. One of the packages had a few samples in this quite beautiful little box, still with the lollies and appears to be no leaked juice. My only gripe is a cpl of the smaller samples didnt have caps but not a big thing.
    (Possum-Pie, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Oupavoc View Post
    Their site is already having issues!
    What are the issues?

Quote Originally Posted by BurgundyMarsh View Post
    What are the issues?
    Was just teething issues, they had it fixed up in a day or two.
    (Possum-Pie, 2012)

Like website technical problems or just general management screw ups?

Anyone code a code or liked them on FB (I dont use it) for the 10% off? I got the 3 week itch for some more samples
    (Possum-Pie, 2012)

Blog Entries

Finally able to report back on my experience with STC; there was an issue, but the story has a happy ending!

l received one of the decants l ordered after just one week, (very fast to the UK!) but after a month was still awaiting the remainder. l emailed them, & received a prompt & very apologetic reply. Because their orders are sent from more than one source, (as are TPC's orders) the second part of my order had accidentally been marked as sent. This had apparently happened to other orders but been spotted; it seems mine had not.
    They offered me a choice of $10 off my next order, or a couple of "extras" of my choice; l chose the extras. This was around 10 days ago, & l just received my package today. The decants & samples are nicely packaged in a little box, & everything is in order.
    ln summary, l am very pleased with the swift & generous response to my problem, & would highly recommend their service to anyone. As is often the case, polite communication goes a long way to achieving a good outcome.

Default Samples from Surrender to Chance!

Just want to give a shout out to the ladies at Surrender to Chance. . .

The post office lost my first order from them, and they immediately replaced it.

My second order arrived promptly.

The samples come in these little drawstring bags that make it very easy to store them.

Highly, highly recommended!

P.

Default Re: Samples from Surrender to Chance!

Noted. Thanks for the point...

Never heard of these guys, hella expensive though!

Expensive? Really? They seem to be with the market. I've ordered from ScentedMonkey and a few others and they all seem to charge about $3 for 1ml sample.

Am I missing something?

P.

My only complaint I have against them is that they don't really package the samples well. Excluding the dabbers, I found the sprayers leak. Besides that, they are prompt at sending the samples.

I use Surrender to Chance and wouldnt use anything else! Every time i order from them i get my product extremely fast. They have pretty much everything except bond no 9. They always send a cute little candy with my orders. Samples come in either a small string bag or box. Decently priced. The thing i love most is the service. These guys will definitely take care of you.

Quote Originally Posted by franeri View Post
    Expensive? Really? They seem to be with the market.
    Creed Royal Oud:

Surrender to Chance 30ml = $187.52
    Scented Monkey 2.5oz (75ml) retail bottle = $138.73

On par with the market? I think not.

This sites prices are horrible for the small amount you get.

I had a good experience with Surrender To Chance. Much faster than The Perfumed Court, with much better communication.

I use both of these businesses ONLY for very small samples. They aren't a serious consideration for anything over a couple of ml's, due to absurd pricing.

TPC seems to be in a state of flux ever since 2 of the 3 owners have left the company (they formed surrendertochance.com). The lone owner remaining at TPC, Diane, seems to be scrambling to fulfill existing orders. I would be wary ordering from them for the time being until they get things straightened out. I finally received my back-ordered sample, but after waiting over 5 weeks from my initial order and multiple attempts at trying to reach them.

I'm going to hold off from ordering from them for the foreseeable future. It's a bad sign when a company doesn't respond to customer emails inquiring about an order...

Sorry. I wasn't being clear. . .

I meant that their 1ml samples are priced on par with the market. I haven't found anyone who charges less than $2.99 on average for their smallest samples.

Maybe my experience is colored by the fact that I tend to sample only those frags that I can afford. For example, I tend not to sample Creed, or any of the niche frags b/c I have no intention of buying full bottles. Early on, I sampled niche offerings, but stopped b/c there seemed to be no real point to it other than making myself crazy!

P.

Anyone know if the STC 2-5 ml spray decants are glass or plastic (like the kinds you get at Sephora)? I've odered from TPC before, and loved that the fragrance was always housed in a high quality glass container.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fannymitsouko View Post
    Anyone know if the STC 2-5 ml spray decants are glass or plastic (like the kinds you get at Sephora)? I've odered from TPC before, and loved that the fragrance was always housed in a high quality glass container.
    My last order were 2ml decants of L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme and Chocolate Greedy, and they are both in glass bottles, NO CAPS, but securely stored in a box with foam inside.

Thanks for the helpful reply with pictures!

Giving credit where it's due.

I usually buy off of ebay or TPC (no complaints about either), but seeing STC's Halloween Sale, I decided to place my first order. When I received my shipment, I found that it was missing a Violet Blonde sample. I emailed them with the oversight, but a few days later, I found the vial caught in the white padding shipping material. I immediately let them know and they thanked me for the update.
    About a week later, I received another envelope from them with a second Violet Blonde, as well as an extra little fragrant surprise.
    Enough time had passed between my 2nd email to them and receipt of the 2nd VB, that I think they already knew that I'd found it, and they were off the hook for missing a part of the order, but they chose to go over & above with responsive and thoughtful customer service. The vials were in good shape, well-labeled and secured. Shipping was quick. Communication was thorough. Their newsletters are upbeat and fun.
    Thanks Surrender to Chance. You'll be seeing my orders again.

These guys were great to deal with when one of my orders went missing they were really helpful and ended up with my order. Have never had a problem witht he packaging or leaking, bottles are usually sealed tight and the 5ml bottles they seem to seal with tape. Very much recommend these gals and guys.
    (Possum-Pie, 2012)

Submitted an order yesterday and it's "partially shipped" this morning! (I assume the two decants I ordered were kept in two different locations.) I'm very very impressed!

No question that, since the split, STC is the place to get your samples....UNLESS you would prefer bad service and being ignored. Then, TPC is the place to go.

My order is completely shipped. I'm really really impressed!

I ordered from STC and my order arrived in less than 9 days to Korea. Two frags were out of stock but they arrived 2days later. Well done STC. My order from TPC took more than a month and they would not reply to my emails but STC did a great job communicating.

Last month, part of my order was missed between owner-sources. I emailed them two weeks after receiving the initial package. They immediately responded, explained their error and promptly sent out the remaining sample, with three add'l samples of their choice. Unfortunately, unlike Teardrop, I was not offered a $10 credit, or add'l samples of my choice (not a deal-breaker). I appreciate their prompt communication and corrective action.

For those who believe the prices are significantly higher than TPC, keep checking and comparing. Some are a little higher, but many are the same or lower (a lot lower). I'll continue to do business with both STC and TPC.

However, I will NOT shop at Scented Monkey again. Almost EVERY order I placed missed one or several samples, leading me to pay full price shipping, sometimes for only one vial. They never offered to send the "out-of-stock" samples at a later date. Scam.

It's my mums birthday on next week and we live on different continents so I'm trying to find something online to get her. We were talking about fragrances and she said she loved Guerlain Vetiver on my dad, and she mentioned her current perfumes which all seemed to feature vetiver notes, so I looked up Guerlain Vetiver Pour Elle. It's a very expensive fragrance and a bit out of the price range

I've seen it on Surrender to Chance, 15ml for 60 dollars. Is it going to look a bit cheap just coming in a glass bottle with a label stuck on it or do they actually try and make it look nice when it's one of the bigger bottles, rather than a small vial?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by HAllen View Post
    It's my mums birthday on next week and we live on different continents so I'm trying to find something online to get her. We were talking about fragrances and she said she loved Guerlain Vetiver on my dad, and she mentioned her current perfumes which all seemed to feature vetiver notes, so I looked up Guerlain Vetiver Pour Elle. It's a very expensive fragrance and a bit out of the price range

I've seen it on Surrender to Chance, 15ml for 60 dollars. Is it going to look a bit cheap just coming in a glass bottle with a label stuck on it or do they actually try and make it look nice when it's one of the bigger bottles, rather than a small vial?

Thanks.
    Vetiver pour Elle has been discontinued, that's why the price is so high. $60 for 15ml is pretty ridiculous, plus the decants from surrender to chance/perfumed court look cheap, I wouldn't give them as a gift. Why not buy her a small bottle of Guerlain Vetiver? You already know she likes it, and it's easily wearable by a woman. You can get a small bottle for $30.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Vetiver pour Elle has been discontinued, that's why the price is so high. $60 for 15ml is pretty ridiculous, plus the decants from surrender to chance/perfumed court look cheap, I wouldn't give them as a gift. Why not buy her a small bottle of Guerlain Vetiver? You already know she likes it, and it's easily wearable by a woman. You can get a small bottle for $30.
    Okay cool. Thanks very much! Appreciate it.