Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Why is Creed Aventus so hyped up?

I always hear great positive things about this stuff but i cant seem to get myself to like it. There are fragrances that i have tried and disliked but came back to them and smelt them a few times like bulgari black. Smelled like pure michelin tires. It may be odd but i enjoy the smell of fresh tires that you would smell in an auto store but i wouldnt like to smell like it all the time. Now i enjoy it a lot. The combination of the tire smell and vanilla is really something unique and i will be buying a bottle sooner or later. Now i have an aventus sample i have had for a while and multiple skin tests. I dont know if its the fact that i just like sweeter or i can say unisex frags because this stuff smells extremely masculine to me. I did do some research to see that the batch's are different as are most creed frags. The so called smokey batch and pineapple batch. All i smell even in the dry down is smoke like being in a smoke house for meats. I dont get any pineapple at all. Im trying to get myself to like this scent but i just cant.

Default Re: Why is Creed Aventus so hyped up?

Its subjective. Buy what you like and you'll always be happy.

Basenotes Plus

Maybe the inordinate number of repeat threads are fuelling the fire
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 23rd January 2014 at 10:10 AM.

You don't have to like it, because it's subjective.

Because of countless vapid and redundant threads like this one.

Hope this thread doesn't turn into a nother Creed Aventus bashing session. It is now their number one seller for a reason, people like it. Don't know where you get the Michelin tire vibe ... Birch note really makes this fragrance. It is part of my rotation and always will be.
    An investment in knowledge pays the best interest

- Benjamin Franklin

I was talking about bulgari black with the tire smell. I was using an example of how certain fragrances i dislike at first and give them a few chances and end up enjoying them.

maybe i will take this down before i get yelled at lol

Beats me

Creed Sub-Forum
    Any and all questions about Creed fragrances are to be directed here. A group of self-proclaimed Creed experts will be on hand to help you with any questions you may have about the great House of Creed.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/300...=1#post2550576

So we don't really need another one
    Last edited by lpp; 23rd January 2014 at 11:33 AM.

I wish more people didn't like it. I don't want to smell like other people.

Ive only ever smelt one other person wearing Aventus in the last year apart from me, and I work in events with the public and get to meet many, like nightclubs with hundreds of people at a time.

In fact the person who ive smelt it on actually bought it after smelling it on myself and demanding to no what it was... I dont doubt its a bestseller and popular but i think your slightly blowing it out of proportion to the reality lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    I wish more people didn't like it. I don't want to smell like other people.
    Do you honestly run into people that smell like it? I barely smell perfume on any man period let alone Aventus!

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    Do you honestly run into people that smell like it? I barely smell perfume on any man period let alone Aventus!
    No - actually I very rarely smell any fragrance out in public. Unless I stop and turn around. Damn, who smells so good? Oh, that's me!

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    No - actually I very rarely smell any fragrance out in public. Unless I stop and turn around. Damn, who smells so good? Oh, that's me!
    lol i've actually said that out loud a few times. I'll get a good whiff of myself and have a shaft moment "damn right i smell good"

So true. I rarely smell anything on other guys when I'm out. If I do it's Nautica Voyage, Fierce and Curve... that's it.

I have yet to smell Aventus on anyone besides myself.

Aventus is just hyped up in this online community and not in the mass market.

Even if there are many members from any countries, they are just a fractional part of 7 bio. people.

I have never ever smelt Aventus on other people up to now.

Even if many people know Creed and Aventus outside of BN, most of them will stop sniffing and not purchase due to the price tag..

Is it hyped up or do some simply enjoy it?
    With great smell comes great responsibility

World changing super frag - masterpiece of pineapple - the stuff of legend - Amazing. Absolutely amazing - I love it! - The very best - this is ultimate stuff

Yeah its absolute nonscence. Ive read alleged fragrance fanatic reviews online about it, chat on sites like here and fragantica, but thats about it. Creed DO NOT advertise... Oh, i think i read an article in mens Health magazine where it was listed as a must try amongst many mens fragrances to try. When ive been to selfridges to there counter never once has the SA reccomended or suggested "There latest blockbuster for men" or any of this other nonscence. Ive wanted to try VIW for example,. shes sprayed me with it, and then ive said thank you and carried on with my day.

Sure if i worked in a high end boutique or department store im sure i may of recognised a few more men passing by wearing Aventus than just one in the last year, but this all very much exaggerated.

My friend if you don't get smooky pineapple with birch, Jasmine etc...then your sample might have gone rancid!!! This stuff is superb!
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

The same thing happened to me with Black. And I'm right there with you on Aventus. No matter how much I try it, I just don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    Maybe the inordinate number of repeat threads are fuelling the fire
    This

(3325)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

(3326)

The "rubber" note in Bvlgari Black is actually a type of black tea, which is unique and blends beautifully with its vanilla note.

So far, I've tried Aventus twice (from theperfumedcourt and official sample from Fragrancenet). And to me, it smells more like an air freshener. I've smelled it on someone from my workplace (I work with stock traders at a Swiss bank in NYC) and I find that person an attention-gabbing whore for wearing a perfume with a scent cloud of about 25 foot radius in a corporate environment.

Love Aventus but after a while you get used to it. I rarely reach for it unless I have the need for a safe scent. There are much better quality fragrances than Aventus

Quote Originally Posted by nonsisa View Post
    (3326)
    lol

(9)

Quote Originally Posted by PonyBoy View Post
    maybe i will take this down before i get yelled at lol
    Please do.

Banned
    Blog Entries

It seems like it's 10 or more Creed in general threads weekly..
    It is the most hyped house with the most hyped scent..
    I find it ok but not FB worthy..

Because I wrote the first glowing review for it on Basenotes

Some will have you believe it's because there are a bunch of Creed employees on here as BN members spreading their propaganda!lol In all seriousness, I don't know. This and Bleu De Chanel, I just don't get it. They don't smell bad, but can't understand all the love these two get. At least BdC gets me compliments, can't say Aventus has gotten me a one!

Basenotes Plus

Whenever the public pushes something into prominence, there's a segment of the population that pushes back. That's what causes the hype you speak of.

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Creed Sub-Forum
    Any and all questions about Creed fragrances are to be directed here. A group of self-proclaimed Creed experts will be on hand to help you with any questions you may have about the great House of Creed.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/300...=1#post2550576

So we don't really need another one
    OP please direct your question here^^^

If you dont like it then something is definitely wrong with you. Please continue to try and force yourself to love it like everyone else does.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Quote Originally Posted by Temptation View Post

Even if there are many members from any countries, they are just a fractional part of 7 bio. people.

Even if many people know Creed and Aventus outside of BN, most of them will stop sniffing and not purchase due to the price tag..
    Definitely not true. Department stores sell the shit out of it. Clients love it, Sales Associates love it. Loads of people love it. There are tons that buy it, and may only wear it on rare occasion just because they don't wear perfume everyday.

Trust me, little basenotes is very tiny in comparison. It sells a LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by PonyBoy View Post
    I always hear great positive things about this stuff but i cant seem to get myself to like it. ... Im trying to get myself to like this scent but i just cant.
    Then don't.

Why try to like something just because other people do? You don't have to be a joiner, a yes man or another "me too."

What do YOU like? Wear that instead.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Definitely not true. Department stores sell the shit out of it. Clients love it, Sales Associates love it. Loads of people love it. There are tons that buy it, and may only wear it on rare occasion just because they don't wear perfume everyday.

Trust me, little basenotes is very tiny in comparison. It sells a LOT.
    It may sell a lot, relatively speaking, at Neiman Marcus... but the 'general public' does not shop at Neiman Marcus. It would be different if it was carried at every department store/Sephora/Ulta, but that's not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    It may sell a lot, relatively speaking, at Neiman Marcus... but the 'general public' does not shop at Neiman Marcus. It would be different if it was carried at every department store/Sephora/Ulta, but that's not the case.
    Actually, I don't think it would sell well at stores like Sephora. Part of the reason it sells well at places like Neiman Marcus is because Neimans attracts people who are far more likely to buy luxury items at niche price points. McDonald's sells a lot of burgers. Morton's sells a lot of $40 steaks. But that doesn't mean McDonalds could sell a lot of $40 steaks.

I would like to smell the smoky batch, I am wondering if I smelled the pineapple batch, cause that was way too much pineapple for me. Like are we at a luau or what?
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

That idea is flawed. Here in the Uk there is a Boots store on every single high street. There must only be a dozen cities in the UK that have stores that sell Creed.

Boots stocks your typical paco rabanes, davidoffs, joops, armanis, chanels, Pradas etc etc.

You dont need to be a genius in mathmatics to work out which fragrances are common and manafactured and sold by the multibillion bottles, because its not the Creeds in comparrison to the general high street market i can assure you...

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Actually, I don't think it would sell well at stores like Sephora. Part of the reason it sells well at places like Neiman Marcus is because Neimans attracts people who are far more likely to buy luxury items at niche price points. McDonald's sells a lot of burgers. Morton's sells a lot of $40 steaks. But that doesn't mean McDonalds could sell a lot of $40 steaks.
    Exactly right.

Right. The point was not that it would sell well at Sephora, it was that it's not even in those stores. Just because it's a big seller at Neiman Marcus doesn't mean it's popular with the 'general public'.

Quote Originally Posted by DMA View Post
    That idea is flawed. Here in the Uk there is a Boots store on every single high street. There must only be a dozen cities in the UK that have stores that sell Creed.

Boots stocks your typical paco rabanes, davidoffs, joops, armanis, chanels, Pradas etc etc.

You dont need to be a genius in mathmatics to work out which fragrances are common and manafactured and sold by the multibillion bottles, because its not the Creeds in comparrison to the general high street market i can assure you...

No one is saying Creed sells like Paco rabanne. But to think that basenotes even comes close to bring a majority of sales is false!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    Because I wrote the first glowing review for it on Basenotes
    Soo you're the one?!

Quote Originally Posted by Temptation View Post

What he said.

I simply adore Aventus and the entertaining threads it inspires. Really!
    Last edited by Trilby Lark; 24th January 2014 at 03:22 AM.

It is a very big crowd pleaser so as long as you don't overspray. Three tops with this one. I cannot even believe I said only three sprays!
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Epic Man
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Musc Ravageur
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Aoud 1
    10.Tobacco Vanille

At first I didnt understand the hype, then I understood, then I changed my mind and thought it had a weird smell, and lastly I ended up buying a FB. What won me over is its performance (sillage/longevity). Currently, Aventus is my go-to frag.
    Last edited by Flatbush Ave; 24th January 2014 at 04:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MJM_77 View Post
    It is a very big crowd pleaser so as long as you don't overspray. Three tops with this one. I cannot even believe I said only three sprays!
    3 sprays?!

1 spray is on the verge of overdoing it, lol.

Already nearly 50 replies. Even the haters have to comment. I think an Aventus thread is a vortex of sorts. Anyways, I finally got to smell it on another person. Very strange since its somewhat exclusive and I was in a hick place nonetheless. This guy undoubtedly was not shy on the trigger but it smelled amazing. A 5 foot cloud enveloped him. I'd guess around 6-8 sprays, which would be needed since the current stuff is weak compared to the original template.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Because a lot of people actually love it or love to hate it.

Basenotes Member

Because it is one of the absolute best smelling fragrances of all time.

Because it blends the appeal of designer fragrances with the uniqueness of niche.

Banned

because it has royal pineapple in it that only creed family has access to.

Because its a creed that actually lasts and has good projection. Also very good compliment getter. For awhile I wore it I literally probably was getting stopped 90% of the time by random people being asked what I was wearing and that I smelled great. My ratio isnt as high as it was, dunno if im just not applying as much as I did before or just luck of the draw of people that like it while im out. But for a time it was by far the most compliment fragrance ive ever worn =x Just alright to me personally though.

Basenotes Member

its smells great i would wear it everyday , but the price is a joke definitely not worth the $330 price tag , but its price tags like that make it unique cos no one else in my community is going to spend that much .

The funny thing about Aventus hype is that, here on basenotes, a lot of it was being driven by a few members. It sure is interesting how the overflow of Aventus hype died down here all of a sudden when one particular member left a few months ago. The scent still gets talked about, as it should. It's excellent. But the hype train here seems to have ended when the driver of that train left the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by noideawhatimsaying View Post
    Because it blends the appeal of designer fragrances with the uniqueness of niche.
    I agree 100%. You summed it up perfectly. A decade or two ago, GIT would have been the ultimate crossover between designer and niche. Today, it's Aventus.

Quote Originally Posted by 57cc View Post
    its smells great i would wear it everyday , but the price is a joke definitely not worth the $330 price tag , but its price tags like that make it unique cos no one else in my community is going to spend that much .
    I agree that Creed retail prices are over the top (at least for my wallet), but it's not too hard to find a 4oz for $175. At that price, I think it's worth it.

Basenotes Member

I agree that Creed retail prices are over the top (at least for my wallet), but it's not too hard to find a 4oz for $175. At that price, I think it's worth it.
    $175 is reasonable but is it real at that price ? if it were that price all the time then i would buy a few more bottles of it .

it is a good mainstream-middle of the road fragrance that is priced as high-end pineapple air freshener

Quote Originally Posted by happyscent View Post
    it is a good mainstream-middle of the road fragrance that is priced as high-end pineapple air freshener

Sure we can't reverse that?