Code of Conduct

Default How to Market new fragrance

My ultimate goal is to create a ladies fragrance to sell in stores. The problem is i don't know how to begin marking to potential client. Do i send the fragrance to a place that like the scent and want to market and fill in bottles for me or do i sell the recipe and collect. I know that some places create scents and they get approved by the celebrity they want to help market it. Need some advice

Default Re: How to Market new fragrance

I think it would depend on what kind of store you would want to sell it in and what they are looking for.

I agree, but how do you even get to that point. I know i need a market base, but what do i do to even begin to get to that base. I am thinking i need some support from someone that knows someone if you know what i mean. I need that foot in the door. Hope i get it and soon

I've definitely never done any of this before either, but from what I do know, I'm guessing they probably wouldn't be interested in considering your fragrance unless they knew what experience or training you have. I'm a little confused. Have you made the fragrance yet? Do you have education as a perfumer?