Code of Conduct

Default Impressions on Guerlain Idylle EDP

I am sampling this and would like to hear your impressions.

Personally, I like this but it's not the wardrobe staple as are Shalimar, L'Heure Bleue, Mitsouko, Vol de Nuit or Jicky.

Still, it was gently sweet and enjoyable. I wish it had more longevity and sillage on me.

(It reminded me of a more amped-up Aqua Allegoria Flora Nymphea.)
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Default Re: Impressions on Guerlain Idylle EDP

Hello Primrose - I own Idylle EDP and indeed you can not compare it with the magnificence of its predecessors e.g Shalimar, L'Heure Bleue, Mitsouko, Vol de Nuit or Jicky.
    So far after 7 months I have not found any trace of the famous guerlinade on Ydylle, I like its friendly elegant, Rose approach, however it is to shy and pale, compare to the classics, it won't harm you, but also won't deliver you much....

Thank you for the quick reply, Bonoanimoes. I really like the Idylle with its impression of rose and peach. My heart still prefers the older classics.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I have found Idylle to be simply "meh". Dull rose. Then I sniffed Idylle Duet Rose Patchouli and OMG! Fell in love with this limited edition so much I bought every bottle I could locally.

The rose is amped up and the patch is woody not woozy. Beautiful work. Have a look around for some near you.

There is another Idylle LE out this year called Idylle Duet Jasmin-Lilas which will amp up those two aspects of Idylle. I can't wait! Will be very different to 2011 Duet but hopefully equally s goof

Idylle and I met and parted ways with no bad words between us. I gave her to a friend who appreciates quieter, nicer fragrances. I thought the scent nice, but just nice. It is a pale cousin to others in its lineage.

But now I would love to try Alityke's suggestion of Idylle Duet Rose Pathcouli. Sigh. So many perfumes so little time on earth!
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all.
    W. Somerset Maugham

Basenotes Institution

I quite like Idylle EDP it's still got that Guerlain touch to it . It actually reminds me of a softer ,more gentle Gucci by Gucci in the brown bottle.
    I prefer the EDT which is gorgeous and rosey .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Blog Entries

I actually liked this too, surprisingly, because I wasn't expecting LOTV, and if I weren't hooked on their monstrously overpriced Muguet, I might get it.
    But I HATE the gold bottle.

Basenotes Institution

Fleurine- I love that golden teardrop bottle ! Anyone try out the extrait yet ?
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Thank you all for the kind, honest replies. It looks like I will have to try the EDT and the Duet. (They have a new Lilas version flanker.)

Primrose let us know your thoughts on the new Idylle Duet Jasmin-Lilas. My local SA knew nothing about I which embarrassed her, I have no idea when it will be release in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by Alityke View Post
    Primrose let us know your thoughts on the new Idylle Duet Jasmin-Lilas. My local SA knew nothing about I which embarrassed her, I have no idea when it will be release in the UK
    Alityke, I have not tried the Lilas flanker yet, an the Guerlain boutique in Las Vegas as of March did not have it. And now I need to sample the Duet.

Maybe someone who first tries this can chime in.