Code of Conduct

Default Floating Gold: A Natural (and Unnatural) History of Ambergris -- NOW AVAILABLE

Hi Friends,

Since so many of you were interested and supportive during the research and writing, I wanted to tell you that my book is now available on Amazon. At least, it will be on Wednesday. Copies are shipping out this week. I have a copy at home and I think it looks really great ... much better than I'd ever hoped.

I really welcome fragrance enthusiasts to take a look, get in touch and tell me what you all think:
    http://www.amazon.com/Floating-Gold-.../dp/0226430367

Best,

--ck

Default Re: Floating Gold: A Natural (and Unnatural) History of Ambergris -- NOW AVAILABLE

Congratulations! Thanks for the link.

Default Re: Floating Gold: A Natural (and Unnatural) History of Ambergris -- NOW AVAILABLE

Will it be available also through regular retail channels? (I would assume so since it's U of C press). I'm going to ask my bookseller next time I stop there.

cacio

Basenotes Institution

Congrats and thanks for the link .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Dependent

Yeah congrats man!!

Should be available everywhere. If you have a bookseller in mind, request it and they'll definitely be able to get it for you. Thanks for the interest!

This is great! Thanks for the link. I am fascinated by the topic and can't wait to delve into the book.

QUESTION: No kindle/ebook version available? Due to travel and eyesight, I have come to prefer that format.

Thanks!
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all.
    W. Somerset Maugham

Thanks KarmaLee!

Definitely wait for the e-book option. It should be available within the week for your Kindle. And that way it'll be a bit cheaper too. I prefer reading everything on my Kindle these days, so I completely agree with you.

--ck

It looks wonderful. Thank you for letting us know.

I just put in a request that our city library purchase it.

I'm approaching my dotage, and have wondered about this stuff since I was a kid.

I really welcome fragrance enthusiasts to take a look, get in touch

Best wishes and congratulations!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Stopped by my bookstore, they said the book will be available to them in mid may. looking forward.

cacio

I will keep checking Amazon for the Kindle version! An an antique store this past week, a wizened little man saw me zenning out among the perfumes and asked if I had ever smelled ambergris. I told him, no not in a raw, pure state, only in perfumes, and then not sure I can identify the actual scent.

He said he once found a bit on a beach during WWII and sold it somewhere in France later. A lovely afternoon!
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all.
    W. Somerset Maugham

Great story!

The book is now up in Amazon's Kindle store!

Quote Originally Posted by cjkemp View Post
    The book is now up in Amazon's Kindle store!
    Got it on my ipad just now. Something to read while family comes and goes over the next couple of days! Thanks for letting me know!
    W. Somerset Maugham

I just bought this book and am anxiously ready to dive into it! This looks to be a very fun read! Thanks Christopher!