Code of Conduct

Default Looking for a warm,handsome scent for myself, any suggestions would be much appreciated!kinda picky

well Im a 24 man and im pretty picky when it comes to frags. Theres alot I like but always have some kind of gripe with like a lack of longevity.

So what im looking for is something:

warm,smooth,deep,but not sharp or headache inducing or soapy, and sweet but also masculine.
    good longevity (at least 6 hours+) and decent projection( someone standing next to me can smell but wont be offensive)

If it helps, notes i KNOW I love are:
    Vanilla
    Amber
    Musk(the right dosage)
    wood
    light cinnamon
    some fruit notes( to keep it interesting)

Banned

Default Re: Looking for a warm,handsome scent for myself, any suggestions would be much appreciated!kinda pi

Cuir Beluga by Guerlain - Upon application, one is treated to an entrancing melange. Sweet, orangey mandarin, along with its lovely, soft, floral hints, commingles with an everlasting flower, which proffers its syrupy, herbaceous, hay-like sweetness. And, magical aldehydes lift the captivating blend, adding an effervescence to the citrus and luster to the floral, as well as a soft, vanillin undercurrent. A burnt-sugar phantom can be sensed. Transitioning to the heart, heliotrope shrouds the opening with its cherry-vanilla and faintly almond aroma and powdery aspect. A luxurious and sensual, Spanish-leather illusion, reminiscent of the spice, citrus and floral components used in its tanning process, serves as a light underpinning for the delicate heliotrope. Segueing to the warm base, a sweet, almost creamy and floury vanilla, an aroma somewhat akin to vanilla custard combining with a pastry delicacy, interplays with a balsamic and warm amber. The sumptuous leather is still in the background. And, an impressive drydown ensues. This select and demurely elegant composition is a cool-weather, unisex scent, with average projection and good longevity, 8-10 hours.

&

Default Re: Looking for a warm,handsome scent for myself, any suggestions would be much appreciated!kinda pi

Ambre Narguille by Hermes I think fits this bill perfectly - depending on how you like your scents, it might be a little sweet

Caron Pour Un Homme - initial blast of pure lavender, later many, many hours of vanilla combined with amber and musk.

You could also try Dsquared2 Potion - this is very unique fragrance, warm and cozy, also with vanilla, amber and nice warm cinnamon

Santos de Cartier

Boucheron Jaipur

you may want to specify if you want to spend $300 a bottle or $60 a bottle....
    CHEAP CREED SPLITS
    Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed
    Himalaya, Aventus, Tabarome
    plus Amouage Honour & Fate Man

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/393...92#post3296892

Blog Entries

Here's a couple of cheap ones... Baldessarini Ambré and CK One Shock

Versilia Vintage - Ambra Mediterraneaby Profumi del Forte.

warm embracing

for swap/sale:

Guerlain L'Instant Extreme.

Burberry London. Vanilla, tobacco, woods, cinnamon, cherries, port wine. Don't be scared by reports of bad longevity and bad projection - I think it's an anosmia issue because I know a number of BN who get moderate projection and *really good* longevity out of this one, myself included.

Also, +1 on the Jaipur recommendation (although you may find it a bit 'mature' or stuffy. Sample it on a few different occasions though as it is one of those scents that grows on you!)

Sur la Plage

Chanel Egoiste (not Platinum Egoiste)
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Burberry London but go light on the trigger in the heat

Sound Scents

+1 on finding out your price range...

Without knowing any upper limit, then I will recommend Les Nombres d'Or Vanille by Mona di Orio ($190 retail).

It has cinnamon-like clove, orange and dry rum top notes; a dry spiced vanilla bean heart and a very slightly sweet amber and tonka bean base with subtle hints of gaiac wood mixing with the vanilla bean through the end.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

Carbone de Balmain

I would suggest M7. It's got your warm wood/amber, and it doesn't have to be a projection bomb if you don't go overboard in applying it.

Also +1 for the suggestion of Mona di Orio's Vanille, but you might also want to try her Ambre.

And have you tried Musc Ravageur?

Victor & Rolf Spicebomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagey View Post
    I would suggest M7. It's got your warm wood/amber, and it doesn't have to be a projection bomb if you don't go overboard in applying it.
    big +1. wearing it now and it fits the OP's requirements to a T

I think I get the best longevity out of M7 of any of these, probably of anything I have tried. It is hard to even wash off and seems to last for days. I think it is terrific but it is an arresting, individualistic fragrance, not something I could wear everyday. Knocks me out pretty much every time I wear it--- has been described as "the perfume the devil would wear." You can get by with a single spray but easy to get noticed with a bit more if you want to be. It was a good blind buy for me but a careful test over a day at least would be best as this one really has a narrative to it.

I also like London but it for me it seems too much like Christmas to be versatile.

Boss Bottled/Boss no. 6

From Nez À Nez l’Hêtre Rêvé might be a good choice for you.

I know some hate it because of its popularity, but don't rule out giving Paco Rabanne's 1 Million a shot. To me, it's a great warm, spicy scent that makes me feel incredibly confident & comfortable in the winter. It's easily my favorite cold weather choice. Also, from the same house, Black XS is another great cold weather scent (although longevity is nowhere near 1 Million's). I'd also recommend Creed's Original Santal or Mont Blanc's Individuel if you like spicy & sweet.

Hey thanks all, these are all great recommendations so far ! to clarify, im looking for the up to to 80 dollar range. As a note i tried le male, liked the projection but not the extreme lavender/soap accord. Maybe something that replaces the lavender with something more masculine but also keeps the warmth/power? im definitely going to try as many of these as I can, and several of them i already had in mind which is good.

some colognes ive liked are coolwater,tommy(apple,cinnamon accord), dreamer, eternity(drydown only), code( though boring). i like the richer notes of these, not so much the transparant aquatic notes as those usualy have a "fake" quality to my nose, which i wind up blocking out durring the day.

I second Spicebomb by Viktor & Rolf. Its definetaly a more masculine version of 1 Million as 1 million could be way too feminine at times.

If you like Le Male but looking for something slightly different I would try YSL Body Kouros. It has some similarities but I see Body Kouros definetaly more masculine and very unique with a great drydown!

I would also give Dior Homme/Intense a try or if you're looking for a more exciting version of code I would give Midnight in Paris a try as well.
    Top 5 Favorite Fragrances:
    1) Creed Aventus
    2) Creed Millesime Imperiale
    3) Kiton Black
    4) YSL M7
    5) Gucci Pour Homme II

_

Ormonde Man
    Egoiste
    Yohji Homme
    Jubilation XXV
    Idole de Lubin edt
    Mechant Loup

Egoiste
    Opium Homme EDP
    L'instant Extreme
    Body Kouros
    Back to Black
    Tobacco Vanille
    Jubilation XXV
    Musc Ravageur
    Davidoff Zino
    Burberry London

Try with these at first...
    Please check out my selling list:

YSL Opium homme EDP, Rive Gauche pour homme, Villoresi Uomo, Dior Homme vintage, Body Kouros, Guerlain homme intense etc.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/376...-etc-Worldwide!

yeah +1 on ck one shock and boss bottled

Another vote for Caron Pour Un Homme

Further suggestions: Van Cleef&Arpels pour Homme, Habit Rouge (also, experimenting with the different concentrations and flankers may be worth it), Escada pour Homme, further Dsquared scents, in addition to Potion, Mugler Pure Havane, Aramis Tuscany

A big +1 to some that were already listed

Jaipur
    Egoiste
    M7

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Another vote for Caron Pour Un Homme

Further suggestions: Van Cleef&Arpels pour Homme, Habit Rouge (also, experimenting with the different concentrations and flankers may be worth it), Escada pour Homme, further Dsquared scents, in addition to Potion, Mugler Pure Havane, Aramis Tuscany
    Wearing Caron Pour Un Homme right now. It's terrific, very reasonable in price, and not hard to get. You could get this and another reasonably price fragrance on these lists (Zino, London, CK One Shock) and still be under $80.

hey all! I have no clue if anyone can even check this anymore but so far the only one ive got is Caron Pour un Homme and i have no regrets! Fresh,spicy,minty lavender on top and warm vanilla on the bottom, this stuff is beautiful! Not trendy, but ive got plenty of those anyway. Doesn't smell synthetic in the slightest either! Cant wait to try the others once im not on a college budget lol!

Actually I take it back...If Lavender,mint,vanilla frags like le male can be trendy then this one can definitely be in style too!

He said up to $80 folks!

Van Cleef & Arpels Midnight In Paris EDP
    Dior Homme / Intense

Costume National Scent Intense

Another for Burberry London.

Burberry London
    Chanel Egoiste