Code of Conduct

Default drakkar noir to wear or not to wear

Hi I'm in my early 20s and work as a valet witch is where I wear most of my cologne I got a bottle of drakkar noir from a friend and don't want to be the guy wearing an old guy scent so is drakkar noir still good can I wear this without being that guy or just let the bottle sit there

Default Re: drakkar noir to wear or not to wear

Nothing wrong with this one just be careful in the application as to much and it can become cloying.

It's a powerhouse so go easy on the trigger
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Very nice scent. Enjoy wearing it.

If it's the reformulated version, it's been neutered a bit, but still stronger than most "modern" and "unisex" frags that are popular now. It's still nice, and if you got it for free, it would be silly NOT to wear it (unless you don't like it, of course).

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    This.

I agree with everyone else. Its good as long you don't overdo it.

To be honest, I'm not ever sure what "old man" scent means. Even when I was in my late teens and early twenties, I wore whatever I wanted, including "classics" such as Van Cleef & Arpels.

If you like Drakkar Noir, then by all means wear it, but as others have said, one or two spritzes are plenty.

You just aim for an aura about an inch deep. You spray a little in your hand, rub your hands together and apply it sparingly. Otherwise it's possibility that you might knock a buzzard off a shit wagon.

I used to wear massive quantities of it when I was young and no one ever said anything about it. My black concert t-shirts were saturated with it. It kept me alert. But I was a crazy bast*rd and people didn't usually say much unless they knew me. My mom sure as hell disliked it, but I wasn't ready to wear Habit Rouge at sixteen.

I rarely wear Drakkar Noir any more but it's an energizer, and you should if you like it. But if you wear too much and I smell you coming then I'll make a wide berth and allow you to pass so I don't have to smell it. And then I'll wonder, "Who was that dipsh*t with all the cologne?". Because even though it can smell pretty good, it can definitely knock a buzzard off a shit wagon.

But you can always just wear it around the house. That's the best place to wear them anyway. And depending on who's there, or if that even matters, then you can wear all you want. :-)

And try another good energizing fougere like Azzaro pour Homme.
    Last edited by pluran; 10th April 2012 at 11:25 PM.

It's great. I still wear it from time to time and I'm 21. My friends thinks it smells nice. But one time my bio-chem professor made a remark somewhere along the likes of "Oh, Mr. Hotshot sporting his Drakkar huh?" as I walked by. He's in his early 40's. I found it quite humorous.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Very nice scent. Enjoy wearing it.
    this ^^^^^^^^^^

I can't see how it's a powerhouse. If it's a powerhouse, then most other scents from that era are ultra powerhouses. I've always thought it a pretty standard strength scent.

Also, Drakkar Noir's aftershave splash and balm are some of the weakest ones out there.
    Regards,
    Renato

Very nice scent.....just be careful as many have said.....enjoy!!!
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by tonghpafu View Post
    It's great. I still wear it from time to time and I'm 21. My friends thinks it smells nice. But one time my bio-chem professor made a remark somewhere along the likes of "Oh, Mr. Hotshot sporting his Drakkar huh?" as I walked by. He's in his early 40's. I found it quite humorous.
    yeah, for those of us in that teacher's age group, Drakkar reminds us solely of pimply middle schoolers doused in the stuff.

this

Quote Originally Posted by Swanky View Post
    To be honest, I'm not ever sure what "old man" scent means. Even when I was in my late teens and early twenties, I wore whatever I wanted, including "classics" such as Van Cleef & Arpels.
    this!

If you like Drakkar Noir, then by all means wear it, but as others have said, one or two spritzes are plenty.
    this!

I'm going against the grain. No! Too loud. Too abrasive. Too prevalent. There is much better out there, branch out.

Thanks guys and I realy can't deside how I like it I do like the smell but I'm just not sure if its me I wear stuf like ck eternity aqua and lighter scents most days but I wana branch out a little I was also thinking amen as well I have a sample but haven't worn yet. Any comments on scents like these to try

I got a bottle of drakkar noir from a friend and don't want to be the guy

Quote Originally Posted by smitte10 View Post
    ... I wana branch out a little I was also thinking amen...

On second thought, yeah, go with Drakkar.

I still love this on occasion. I have both a vintage and a reformulated bottle. I find that new one is a little lighter and not quite as long lasting. Which ever you have it is still wise to take the advice of many here and go lightly when spraying.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

In small quantities, it's a genuine highlight of distinctive, uncommon yet classy fragrance taste

Blog Entries

I guess I'm in the minority. My body chemistry does not match well with it so I'd say NO to Drakkar Noir.

Absolutely brilliant scent loaded up with soapy-clean dihydromercynol. It's heyday was 20 years ago so nobody young will recognise it. I have always loved it. Do go easy - one spray under your shirt is probably enough.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Personally I wouldn't. Didn't care for it.

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    I guess I'm in the minority. My body chemistry does not match well with it so I'd say NO to Drakkar Noir.
    Actually, Drakkar Noir said NO to you

Not if your a Valet, go with something less loud

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by laroche View Post
    Actually, Drakkar Noir said NO to you
    :-P

Let's make this simple: my money, my decision. So it's still me who said NO to Drakkar Noir. ;-) Have a nice day!

Not a fan it smells pungent and not very beautiful. It's so bad to the point where I'd much prefer Axe, but thankfully I'm not stuck making that decision.

Hey mate, good to see another young Drakkar Noir fan! I don't see a problem with young guys (like us) wearing this. I'm so drawn to this frag and I'm only 27. The fragrance is old but I don't think it's old manish in any way. It's dark, aggressive, domineering, and sexy - all qualities that can be associated with YOUNG men too. Don't worry too much and have fun wearing this beast of a fragrance! It gets female attention too (in my experience, from YOUNG females!) Wear your Drakkar Noir proudly, you can pull it off I'm sure...

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    You just aim for an aura about an inch deep. You spray a little in your hand, rub your hands together and apply it sparingly. Otherwise it's possibility that you might knock a buzzard off a shit wagon.

I used to wear massive quantities of it when I was young and no one ever said anything about it. My black concert t-shirts were saturated with it. It kept me alert. But I was a crazy bast*rd and people didn't usually say much unless they knew me. My mom sure as hell disliked it, but I wasn't ready to wear Habit Rouge at sixteen.

I rarely wear Drakkar Noir any more but it's an energizer, and you should if you like it. But if you wear too much and I smell you coming then I'll make a wide berth and allow you to pass so I don't have to smell it. And then I'll wonder, "Who was that dipsh*t with all the cologne?". Because even though it can smell pretty good, it can definitely knock a buzzard off a shit wagon.

But you can always just wear it around the house. That's the best place to wear them anyway. And depending on who's there, or if that even matters, then you can wear all you want. :-)

And try another good energizing fougere like Azzaro pour Homme.

cloying = knock a buzzard off a shit wagon

[I registered so I could say "knock a buzzard off a shit wagon"]

drakkar noir, from a friend, for free...wear it!
    Its a great scent. One spray to the chest.
    Enjoy this one now and down the road it will bring back memories.
    Beauty is in the nose of the beholder.

Been whoring it.. e'hem wearing it since '88. I can remember the music, sounds, faces, everything. I wear it for myself. I don't care who else smells it.

By yourself: all you want
    In public: petite doses

Loved it when I was a kid. Lately I've started to like it again. But yeah, it'll knock a buzzard off a shit wagon. :-)

Hate to whine but I will anyway. I think it's been muted by the subtraction of oak moss. There's a freshness missing, like an evergreen cool smell, that is no longer in Drakkar. Just my two scents and I could be wrong.

Layer Drakkar Noir with Allure Homme...magic combo. As an added bonus, DN gives extra longevity to Allure Homme.
    An investment in knowledge pays the best interest

- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel C. View Post
    cloying = knock a buzzard off a shit wagon

[I registered so I could say "knock a buzzard off a shit wagon"]
    You also registered to reply to a 2 year old post, apparently.

Definitely not

It was my fragrance in Jr. High, so enjoy wearing it!
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?