Code of Conduct

Question Need Suggestions: Night/bed-time, Soothing, Comforting, Relaxing Frag

So I have been trying to find a fragrance that fits this bill perfectly. I started trying to go through Fragrantica's note search list and add things in like lavender, vanilla, etc, notes that are normally very comforting after a long day. Looking for that perfect composition that is comforting, soothing and relaxing.

All suggestions are welcomed, doesn't matter if it's niche/designer/etc., so what are your suggestions and thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Need Suggestions: Night/bed-time, Soothing, Comforting, Relaxing Frag

I find Cuir de Russie parfum particularly soothing: a skin scent, smooth, like a glove, and rich. (The Edt is more floral and has more oomph early on).

cacio

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Need Suggestions: Night/bed-time, Soothing, Comforting, Relaxing Frag

Gucci PH II

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

Bond No 9 I Love New York For All

Comforting gourmande, sweet but not overly so.

Post Thanks / Like

Tam Dao
    Coromandel
    Tobacco Vanille

Post Thanks / Like

I've enjoyed both Caron pour un Homme and Shalimar before snuggling into bed.

Jicky or +1 Pour Un Homme. The lavender is very relaxing.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Dior Homme Intense and Dior Homme are my comfort scents.
    Current TOP 7 from my collection:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    4. Encre Noire
    5. Dior Homme Intense
    6. Timbuktu
    7. Dior Homme

Van Cleef and Arpels Midnight in Paris is EXACTLY what you described. Definitely check it out.

Male Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally I find vetivers and sandalwoods relaxing. Particularly vetivers (my favourite being Guerlain's).

Post Thanks / Like

I usually wear Musc Ravageur for that purpose. Has everything you need
    - Mark

…GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE!

"OOOOOOH WHAT A GOAL! IT'S DANNY ROSE, ON HIS PREMIER LEAGUE DEBUT, WITH A MEMORABLE STRIKE!"

Are you an oenophile? Join our wine group! http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=108

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Prada Amber pour Homme by Prada, an oriental fougere ... fruity opening; tonka bean and vanilla heart; and vetiver, amber, and saffron base ... very restrained, but quality ... moderate sillage and excellent longevity ...

Indochine - sweet honey and sandalwood. Simple (I think this is a must in a relaxing frag - nothing overly complex!)
    SoOud Asmar - sweet honey (deeper and richer than in Indochine, a tiny bit dirty, even), a bit of tobacco and soft coffee notes, along with vanilla and soft woods.

Basenotes Junkie Profumo Saggio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My personal favorite of late has been Halston 1-12, the florals in this are very soothing. Shalimar is also a go to for a good night's sleep.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

Gucci Pour Homme II.

Post Thanks / Like

I love green/citrusy fragrances like Aqua di Selva, Malizia Vetyver, and Pino Silvestre. L'Occitane's Vetyver may appeal to you because it does have some sweetness.

I also love many Clubman/Pinaud (such as Citrus Musk, Classic Vanilla, and Lilac Vegetal) and Royall Lyme of Bermuda frags (Royall Vetyver and Royall Spice).

I also wholeheartedly agree with the Caron Pour Un Homme recommendations.

As a bonus, all of the above frags (except perhaps L'Occitane's Vetyver) are dirt cheap. Even L'Occitane's Vetyver can be had for ~ $14/oz.

I also recommend Annick Goutal's Myrrhe Ardente.

Post Thanks / Like

This isn't necessarily a frag, but it fits the bill. I like using a lavender based essential oil roll on. The application alone lifts stress and helps calm and relax. Personally it puts me in quite a tranquil state.
    The oils in my preferred one are lavender, cedarwood, coconut, some flower and chamomile.
    Last edited by neurod; 11th April 2012 at 11:00 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Anything with lavender or tonka.
    Traum vernichtung

for swap/sale:

Post Thanks / Like

what works for me is

Egoiste
    ambre sultan and douce amere

For me The Body Shop White Musk (CPO) always works... Nothing expensive but good, soft, comforting musky blend.

Nuit de Sens by Feraud

Post Thanks / Like

The Dreamer is a very soft and sweet fragrance. I think it smells very similar to Yankee Candle's "soft blanket". Seems fitting that a fragrance called The Dreamer that smells similar to a candle called soft blanket is a match made in heaven for a bed time scent.

For my point of view, it can't be anything too strong. First one that comes to mind is Francis Kurkdjian Cologne pour le Soir. Very beautiful, soft and relaxing scent.
    Please check out my selling list:

YSL Opium homme EDP, Rive Gauche pour homme, Villoresi Uomo, Dior Homme vintage, Body Kouros, Guerlain homme intense etc.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/376...-etc-Worldwide!

Hypnotic Poison, Un Bois Vanille, Flower de Parfum, Muscs Koubai Khan, No.22 by Chanel, Le Baiser du Dragon kinda of stuff
    Look at this tangle of thorns

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Mugler Cologne i think is a good idea, most of the muscs - Etro Musk, or lavender - Gris Clair Serge Lutens...

Post Thanks / Like

Jacques Fath's Green Water and SL's L'Eau are my relaxing bed-time scents.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Beleive it or not, M7 by YSL works for me.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Vanilla - L'Instant De Guerlain Extreme

Lavender - Eau De L'Occitan

Post Thanks / Like

I also find Chanel Cuir de Russie to be a comforting night time scent.

Some other comforting, relaxing scents:
    Caron pour un Homme
    Rochas Man
    VC&A Midnight in Paris
    PG L'Ombre Fauve
    Chanel Coromandel
    Guerlain Habit Rouge vintage EDC
    Diptyque Philosykos (for a hot summer night)

Post Thanks / Like

I always spray a little of the scent I think I'm gonna wear next day on my hand when I go to sleep...seems to work: I usually sleep within a couple of minutes!

Midnight in Paris is what I usually wear to bed

Some great suggestions in here, thanks for all the replies and keep them coming! Looking a bunch of them up now

Post Thanks / Like

My go-to for this is Safran Troublant, and has been for years. Soft, creamy,and just sweet enough. Your bed becomes a big bowl of warm kheer.

Post Thanks / Like

L'Occitane Eau de Baux for me.. I find it a comforting, cosy fragrance. One of those that envelops you in its warmth.

Post Thanks / Like

Accidental double post.

Giving Midnight in Paris a testing, details to follow. Also, checking out other suggestions to see if I want to sample any others..

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

My favorite bedtime scent is Lolita Lempicka Eau Masculine. All that fantastic warm vanilla. Wraps you in a cozy cocoon. So nice.