Code of Conduct

Default Anything similar to Creed Vetiver 48?

I really can't believe Creed discontinued this one. Vetiver 48 is one of the best high-class fragrances out there in my opinion and should have remained in their collection forever.

I'm wondering if there might be something out there that comes close to replicating it (even though it would be missing that signature Creed ambergris). Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Default Re: Anything similar to Creed Vetiver 48?

This vetiver is pretty unique IMO and difficult for me to come up with an alernate. Agree that it's a great scent and lucky I own a bottle.

I haven't found a replacement yet. But I haven't really looked that hard. If I were to do so, I would be looking for a vetiver with a definite ginger accord. Vetiver 48 has a mineralic character, that does not map well to other vetivers that I know. And it is relatively gentle, compared to the earthy vetivers.

Still available online in the UK on the official Creed site, along with Epicea.

Floris Vetiver is of the same 60's uber suave vibe. Unfortunately it was discontinued before Creed Vetiver.

Martin

Vetiver 48 is a classic and no Vetiver scent Is better IMO. I have fortunate to own a full bottle, they need to bring this one back..

Unhappy Re: Anything similar to Creed Vetiver 48?

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    I haven't found a replacement yet. But I haven't really looked that hard. If I were to do so, I would be looking for a vetiver with a definite ginger accord. Vetiver 48 has a mineralic character, that does not map well to other vetivers that I know. And it is relatively gentle, compared to the earthy vetivers.
    Well said!

I was fortunate enough to have gone through a bottle in past summers. Or perhaps that was unfortunate, since it did tend to spoil me and now it's been discontinued.

To be sure, in the realm of vetivers Creeds or otherwise, some may claim to be better objectively or more enjoyable subjectively-- but no scent may claim to resemble even remotely the refreshing mineral spring feel of the '48.

(I wonder, as long as I'm bemoaning past loves, whether Creed's website still carries Cyprès-Musc or Selection Verte?)

*sigh*

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Justiniani View Post
    Well said!

I was fortunate enough to have gone through a bottle in past summers. Or perhaps that was unfortunate, since it did tend to spoil me and now it's been discontinued.

To be sure, in the realm of vetivers Creeds or otherwise, some may claim to be better objectively or more enjoyable subjectively-- but no scent may claim to resemble even remotely the refreshing mineral spring feel of the '48.

(I wonder, as long as I'm bemoaning past loves, whether Creed's website still carries Cyprès-Musc or Selection Verte?)

*sigh*

Mario

SV and REL are both there also Mario.

Quote Originally Posted by Merciless View Post

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

A year ago I went through a nightmare trying to procure this from various poorly updated foreign sites without any success.

Order duly placed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Justiniani View Post
    well said ^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Anť View Post

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

A year ago I went through a nightmare trying to procure this from various poorly updated foreign sites without any success.

Order duly placed.
    I second the effusive thanks ^^^^^ I've been hunting for this one

Quote Originally Posted by Merciless View Post
    You guys in the UK are fortunate enough to get in on this deal, but not the rest of us.

I just visited the UK site and saw no Cypres Musc and they were out of the Epicea. The had the SV, but only in the 8.4 oz flacon....just like the Creed store in the U.S. They did have the Vetiver '48, but I don't believe they are allowed to sell or ship to the U.S. I also noticed on their website that they only accept payment through credit cards that are issued by UK or Irish banks.

Vetiver (1948) removed from the UK website now.