Code of Conduct

Default Finally found a good fragrance for A*Men's spot, and it is............

BLACK ORCHID!

My 'A*Men Spot' was a spot reserved for an off kilter, gaudy fragrance from the rest of my line and sense of aesthetics. When I was getting started, A*Men did this job decently, but eventually it became bland, cheap and trashy to my nose

Enter Black Orchid!
    What a wonderful opulent fragrance. So rich and eccentric.
    Also, noone seems to have mentioned it, but it smells alot like tanning oil to me, at least a brand I used many summers ago... My girlfriend at the time used to bathe in it and this smells exactly like it, which chocolate and florals on top.

I'm gifting a 100ml of this to whoever my next partner is; great scent that leaves me with a great fuzzy feeling.

Default Re: Finally found a good fragrance for A*Men's spot, and it is............

I've never smelled Black Orchid, but I like Violet Blonde which is a female Perfume, but it's suitable for a man too (but not every man probably). I've got to check if Douglas carries Black Orchid

Default Re: Finally found a good fragrance for A*Men's spot, and it is............

Do so, I highly reccomend it!

First feminine I've ever owned, and I couldn't be happier. It's just SO sexy and lush.
    Hell, I'm a straight man and if I ever smelled this on another man, I'd be all over him.

I've never worn a female fragrance... Go back, I did! I once had a day with Prada Candy and I found it quite suitable on my skin, not too feminine, not too manly. My mum loves it too, so if she had a bottle I guess I would borrow a spritz or two sometimes. It was quite wearable but it lacked something, one well chosen note would absolutely change Candy into male perfume

Quote Originally Posted by Erik_Safari View Post
    Enter Black Orchid!
    What a wonderful opulent fragrance. So rich and eccentric.
    Also, noone seems to have mentioned it, but it smells alot like tanning oil to me, at least a brand I used many summers ago... My girlfriend at the time used to bathe in it and this smells exactly like it, which chocolate and florals on top.
    Glad you found a replacement you like and enjoy. Unfortunately personally never cared for it as I found it too feminine for my taste. Wife wears it from time to time and enjoys it though.

I like it but prefer A*Men.

Banned

I own and enjoy Black Orchid as well.

I wouldn't even call it straight feminine...and apparently their marketing agrees. They changed the bottle from the short squat one to the taller one, I guess used for the "masculine" scents...I could see it either way, but on a man it smells just fine and on a women it fits well too. But I'll agree with you in saying it's a fantastic scent.

Basenotes Member

Black Orchid?
    Hmmm... I tried it before and like it too. You may want to consider Aqua Universalis Forte by MFK or Carnal Flower by FM too. Really nice and clean.

Definitely prefer A*men, not really a fan of Orchid. Glad you like it though!

Fantastic fragrance, definely getting this one.

A*Men > Black Orchid

I sampled Black Orchid but it is a touch too feminine for me.

Blog Entries

Nothing wrong with Black Orchid, I just prefer Angel Men. As a matter of fact, I'm strongly considering it for my Spring and Summer rotation.

Black Orchid is a brilliant fragrance. I don't wear it often, but I do wear it. It is sold in the men's department here. I actually think that many women can not wear this, mature and powerful women can but it is certainly not a girly scent. I don't give a flying fork who it is marketed to. I like it and wish more fragrances were as complex, as interesting and had the longevity of Black Orchid. The best by Tom Ford IMHO.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!