Code of Conduct

Default Friend zone buster?

I've been told by a good female friend that she absolutely loves the smells of both tea tree oil and baby powder... Do you know of anything that smells like both of those, yet remains masculine? I'm sort of stuck in the friend zone, but I am making headway, and smelling like her two favorite things can't hurt

Banned

Default Re: Friend zone buster?

Smart boy!
    Teint de Neige;
    Prada Infusion D'Homme;
    Eau Perfumée Au The Vert;
    Bvlgari Black.

Burberry Brit has that clean baby powder feel to it.

But in the end it's really up to you. Not the fragrance.

I get baby powder from Jaipur Homme

Perhaps Cologne Blanche by Christian Dior

Quote Originally Posted by tonghpafu View Post
    But in the end it's really up to you. Not the fragrance.
    True, but the right fragrance can really boost confidence. I think he's barking up the right tree. Good luck OP!!

Try Dior Homme Intense or regular Dior Homme.

Ha ha, I completely agree that it's totally up to me- but really, if a girl smelled exactly like my favorite things; I'd be just that little bit more interested I figure it works both ways. Plus, even if it doesn't work, I figure I get a new cologne, I can't lose

Quote Originally Posted by Nts2 View Post
    Ha ha, I completely agree that it's totally up to me- but really, if a girl smelled exactly like my favorite things; I'd be just that little bit more interested I figure it works both ways. Plus, even if it doesn't work, I figure I get a new cologne, I can't lose
    Great plan.. Strong memory association and triggers with the sense of smell. I say go with Burberry Brit. That one was a killer for me with my former lady friend

If you are relying on your fragrance *in any way* to get the girl, you will not get the girl. Sorry to be bearer of bad news.
    And I'm not buying the "it will give him confidence" thing. In fact, I would argue that the same mindset that makes you think a frag will help is part of the reason you got friend zoned in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    If you are relying on your fragrance *in any way* to get the girl, you will not get the girl. Sorry to be bearer of bad news.
    And I'm not buying the "it will give him confidence" thing. In fact, I would argue that the same mindset that makes you think a frag will help is part of the reason you got friend zoned in the first place.
    Speaking from experience, I have broken out of that zone twice. Both had loved a specific scent on me which they just could not stop smelling on me; one expressing even that it was a turn on (that one being Aventus). You can't be so closed-minded and say it won't help. From my experience, it sure doesn't hurt

Believe me, I've got faith in myself Really, I'm not exactly a slouch. But I do think people in general like as much positive sensory input as possible. I've got looks, a personality and I've got a pretty nice voice, why not smell great and be a quadruple threat? I'm sorry things haven't worked out for you Cameron, but it was nice to hear your thoughts.

Well said. I'm pulling for you brother.

How about Bvlgari Man?

Basenotes Plus

Bvlgari Notte sounds like it will fit the bill very nicely

The most baby powdery of the baby powder:

Verace Blue Jeans (Might as well be renamed Johnson and Johnson Pour Homme)
    Burberry Brit
    Armani Code
    Midnight in Paris
    Versace The Dreamer

I don't know of anything that smells like baby powder AND Tea tree oil, but my leave in conditioner is made with tea tree oil. You could always layer up.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Quote Originally Posted by bejahu View Post
    I have to disagree this smells more like baby wipes to my nose. prada amber intense has a dark powdery feel to it. burberry brit as others have mentioned is powdery as well. good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by mr sparrow View Post
    Prada Infusion D'Homme;
    This perfume should be your friend

Mona di Orio's Ambre smells exactly like baby powder to me. But please don't buy it just for this purpose; get a sample if you can because it's expensive.

I'd suggest not trying to smell like Tea Tree oil.

Good luck!

Reflection Man, in some ways.

Quote Originally Posted by bejahu View Post
    +1 to this. Ive heard it smells like baby wipes, or those wet towels on airplanes, but it really does have a spicy baby powder vibe to it. I hated the smell, because of this note, but if youre looking for baby powder, definitely try it. In fact, I have a sample if you want. I can just send it over in a regular envelope.

To those saying it wont help... while I agree it won't help in the traditional sense, knowing I smell good (even if only to myself) does make me feel a little more confident, because I am actively enjoying it. Don't you think someone who is enjoying a scent and life in general, having a good time, seems more appealing? Also, there is a strong correlation between scent and memories. She likes baby powder and tea tree oil, so maybe it reminds her of something pleasant. So smelling the OP will remind her of pleasant things. Doesn't "help his game", but if she enjoys it, everyone wins.

Edit: If you use hair product such as wax, try "Tea Tree Shaping Cream" by Paul Mitchell. Smells great (you could layer with your baby powder scent!) , and I used to use it in my hair. Good stuff. If you don't already use hair product, consider using some, even if just a little. Makes even the best hair better.
    Last edited by alexjustdoit; 13th April 2012 at 06:43 AM.

I've been told by a good female friend that she absolutely loves the smells of both tea tree oil and baby powder... Do you know of anything that smells like both of those, yet remains masculine? I'm sort of stuck in the friend zone, but I am making headway, and smelling like her two favorite things can't hurt
    No fragrance will help. What might help is you completely changing your attitude and "game" with her.

Best wishes1!

Also, Fahrenheit 32

Eau parfume au The Blanc
    Eau parfume au The Vert
    Caron pour un Homme

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by killerloop View Post
    Speaking from experience, I have broken out of that zone twice. Both had loved a specific scent on me which they just could not stop smelling on me; one expressing even that it was a turn on (that one being Aventus). You can't be so closed-minded and say it won't help. From my experience, it sure doesn't hurt

Banned

Believe me, I've got faith in myself Really, I'm not exactly a slouch. But I do think people in general like as much positive sensory input as possible. I've got looks, a personality and I've got a pretty nice voice, why not smell great and be a quadruple threat? I'm sorry things haven't worked out for you Cameron, but it was nice to hear your thoughts.

Basenotes Plus

Although I can admire a man on a mission, suggest you keep those two scents separate!

Baby Powder- Demeter has a roll on called "Baby Powder" for under 10 USD. It smell like...you guessed it Baby Powder

Tea Tree Oil- Just go the health store or a Trader Joe's and get a very small size of tea tree oil. It will last the rest of your life.
    Use VERY SPARINGLY.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Burberry brit

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

She might enjoy those scents but do not assume she wants her guy to smell like baby powder or tea oil. Don't try too hard or you might end up in the friends zone permanently. Just some food for thought.

Banned

My suspicion is that you need something that invites her into your personal space, thereby causing her to redefine her perceptions of you. The issue is that even though she says that she likes baby powder and tea tree oil, perhaps these should be interpreted as a starting point rather than taken at face value. I would definitely find out what scents she thinks are great (avoid ones owned by a prior boyfriend) and then find one similar or one that capitalizes on her favorite scent's strengths.

Good luck, young Padawan.

I'm sorry things haven't worked out for you Cameron, but it was nice to hear your thoughts.
    hahahaa that must have been a slap to the face for Cameron!

I have to admit though, fragrance does help your confidence. No doubt it is a psychological thing but personally I feel a lot more confident when I smell good. Not because I'm not a confident person and I have no personality but just psychologically I feel it gives me more of an edge. I'm sure other people feel the same way.

As for the question in hand, I am not sure about the tee tree oil bit but I do get the baby powder feel when I smell Dior Homme Intense. Girls love it anyway so I think it will work.

Let us know if you get the girl! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    She might enjoy those scents but do not assume she wants her guy to smell like baby powder or tea oil. Don't try too hard or you might end up in the friends zone permanently. Just some food for thought.
    Great point! I'm thinking Bulgari Extreme, nothing too brash or loud or blatantly sexy, but pleasant; long lasting and it has a tea note. I've wanted this for a while for other reasons anyways

Burberry Brit/London
    Dior Homme/Intense

Banned

Great point! I'm thinking Bulgari Extreme, nothing too brash or loud or blatantly sexy, but pleasant; long lasting and it has a tea note. I've wanted this for a while for other reasons anyways
    Perhaps she is attracted to the medicinal quality of the tea tree oil, rather than the 'tea' aspect.

Friend zone buster = party + lot of alcohol
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Have you thought about Yatagan or VC & Arpels? You will definitely make a statement!

Kidding aside, as some other members mentioned, Versace Blue Jeans and Burberry Brit seems to fit the bill.
    The Dreamer from Versace: what does this scent have that is so alluring and enticing towards the opposite sex ?

Basenotes Plus

I think some of you are confusing tea with tea tree. The former is camellia simensis,from which the beverage derives. The latter comes from melaleuca and has a strong medicinal herbal odor.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

LOL. I'm not the one who is in the friend zone, playa!
    Good luck though. I think you're off on your gameplan, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    No fragrance will help. What might help is you completely changing your attitude and "game" with her.

Best wishes1!
    Agree with this!

Cameron is exactly correct.

You pick a good fragrance, not one based on these iffy smells or iffy recommendations.

Just knock her on the head and drag her to your cave... Has already been proved to work hundreds of thousands years ago... and they smelled like shit...

I have to agree with cameron here. This topic really belongs in a sticky for scents women like.

The smell of baby powder and the notion of masculinity are at odds here. What man would want to infantilise himself with the smell of baby powder? There are powdery scents out there (such as the tobacco, leather and iris Habanita), but they don't smell like a baby's backside.

Try wearing a pleasant scent that you enjoy as part of good grooming and try to not to concentrate on finding some type of love potion in a scent bottle. Women aren't simple-minded. You win a woman's interest with your personality, not your fragrance.
    Last edited by Primrose; 14th April 2012 at 12:15 AM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I agree here too. A confident alpha male wears whatever he wants with little regard for what others like.

You get put in the friend zone for being super nice, complementary, putting her on a pedestal and acting non-sexual. You need to break out of this attitude and try another approach.

As far as the frag goes, just because she likes tt oil and powder doesn't necessarily mean she wants her man to smell that way. IMO, wear something manly and act like a MAN. Be confident and don't repress your sexuality.

However, Back to Black is the best powdery scent ever created.

If you're looking for baby powder try Absolue pour le Matin from Maison Francis Kurkdjian. I'm wearing it right now and it smells like a baby's bottom. A sophisticated baby bottom mind you...

LOL. I'm not the one who is in the friend zone, playa!
    Touche!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorje123 View Post
    I agree here too. A confident alpha male wears whatever he wants with little regard for what others like.

You get put in the friend zone for being super nice, complementary, putting her on a pedestal and acting non-sexual. You need to break out of this attitude and try another approach.

As far as the frag goes, just because she likes tt oil and powder doesn't necessarily mean she wants her man to smell that way. IMO, wear something manly and act like a MAN. Be confident and don't repress your sexuality.

However, Back to Black is the best powdery scent ever created.
    I agree with Dorje on this. I really like chocolate and vanilla, but I would rather have the DH smell of leather, vetiver and tobacco! In fact, I would be attracted to him regardless of what scent he wore, or if he wore no scent at all.

Again, no such thing as a fragrance magic potion.

Back to Black, as well as Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Derby, Arsene Lupin (pre-lawsuit known as Dandy), and Equipage are all great scents that are confident and clean. They make a statement. You might want to avoid the "best sellers" being pushed at department stores and fragrance stores. After all, who wants to smell like thousands of other men?

The scent itself is not the point. Just be well-groomed. Women don't like slobs as a rule. The rest is up to you.
    Last edited by Primrose; 14th April 2012 at 12:23 AM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post

The smell of baby powder and the notion of masculinity are at odds here. What man would want to infantilise himself with the smell of baby powder... Try wearing a pleasant scent you enjoy as part of good grooming and try to not to concentrate on finding some type of love potion in a scent bottle. Women aren't simple-minded. You win a woman's interest with your personality, not your fragrance.
    I couldn't agree more! But you never know what sort of awesome things people will point out if you give some odd parameters, such as masculine baby powder. I'm sorry if the title caused some confusion, I'm not looking for or expecting some sort of miracle lady enticing juice, I just want to smell nice PS. Thanks everyone for your advice!