Code of Conduct

Default HUBBY needs a fume

My husband doesn't go out much because he works evenings. But he does go to college and once in awhile we like to get out of the house lol. However, he would like a nice cologne with decent lasting power. He likes woodsy, outdoorsy, musky, manly scents. Spicy is nice too. We are looking for something that costs anywhere in the range of $50 to $100 for a bottle. He does not own anything really nice. I really like old spice but we want to try something new. I have trouble with the cheaper body spray type things he buys because they bother my asthma and allergies. So any advice would be greatly appreciated from the expert fume lovers on here Thank you in advance.

Default Re: HUBBY needs a fume

M7
    Terre D'hermes
    Gucci Pour Homme
    Wonderwood
    Encre Noir

Terre d'Hermes is a good recommendation!

+1 on the Terre D'Hermes

Wow you guys are quick. Thank you. I will be making a list

Nicolai New York

All four are not niche and easily available:

Terre D'Hermes
    Azzaro Pour Homme
    Chanel Antaeus
    Rive Gauche
    Encre Noire

For something niche, you should look into:

Bois du Portugal
    Green Irish Tweed
    L'air du desert Morocain
    Sycomore
    Last edited by Duke Hunt; 13th April 2012 at 04:35 AM.

+1 for Wonderwood

He Wood - Rocky Mountain Wood
    Hugo Boss - Boss Bottled
    Malle - Musc Ravageur
    Last edited by Stew; 13th April 2012 at 04:54 AM.

Kenneth Cole Black Anniversary Edition.

Burberry London

Thank you again. I am already checking these things out. Hopefully we will be able to find a place to at least test some of them or find samples.

Comme des Garcons 2 Man
    Wonderwood by Comme des Garcons
    Gucci Pour Homme I
    Tom Ford Extreme by Tom Ford

Terre d'Hermes Pure Parfum

Aren't you sweet to do that! I am wearing Azzaro Pour Homme. It's one of my faves and a bit on the Old Spice flavor. It's a classic and highly regarded on Basenotes. You can find it at your local Perfumania, Sephora or Ulta. Sp? It will be hard to find at your major department stores, though. Still one of the top sellers in Paris.

Why not something unique? 1903 is a great outdoorsy yet civilized fragrance, which makes it very versatile. True, it's only available from J. Peterman online, but it's only $45 for 3.4 ounces, it smells like quality stuff, and you can return it if you don't like it. Women seem to think it's sexy as well.

Chanel Egoiste

Guerlain Heritage and Chanel Egoiste both fit the bill, I think. Rive Gauche Pour Homme is not too far off. All are in your price range, though you may have trouble finding them locally to test.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Polo Explorer. Can be found on Ebay, but think it's discontinued as far as being able to buy at the store.. Egoiste would be another recommendation. And Polo Double Black.And of course, Armani Code. Any of those.

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    Comme des Garcons 2 Man
    Wonderwood by Comme des Garcons
    Gucci Pour Homme I
    Tom Ford Extreme by Tom Ford
    +1 This good list.

Banned

Geir by Geir Ness - Initially, one is treated to an exhilarating citrus-floral accord. Hesperidic notes impart their citrus highlights of lemon, bergamot, tangerine and orange. A perfumy hedione bestows its fresh jasmine and slight powdery aspects. And, magical aldehydes summon forth a burst of laundered-linen freshness and floral effervescence. A faint, sweet smell of salt water taffy flitters about. Transitioning to the waiting heart, the opening blend is enmeshed with methyl salicylate, furnishing its attendant menthol and wintergreen facets, as well as amyl salicylate, supplying its sweetly floral and herbaceously green aura, thereby creating a cool, conifer illusion. A whisper of lively pepper flutters here and there, while a slight, burnt sugar presents. An errant, feeble smell of fireworks or something like burnt gunpowder also surfaces. Segueing to the awaiting base, a smooth, woody accord as well as a somewhat bitter, mossy accord usurp and enhance the outdoorsy mixture, and, coupled with a wave of sweetish vanilla, lead to an alluring drydown. Albeit an ordinary composition, it is the epitome of mountain freshness, and has good projection and very good longevity.

&

Aqua Fahrenheit by Christian Dior - This is a considerably toned down version of the original, masterpiece Fahrenheit. No negative connotation is implied or should be taken; rather, this is a distinctive composition, somewhat bright and fresh, with ties to the original.
    Initially, one is treated to a blast of sparkling grapefruit, with its sour greenness, tempered by a hint of sweetness from the mandarin. This invigorating, citrus melange is drawn to the heart by a nascent mint. Here, in the heart, the cool spearmint comes into its own with its sweet, green facets, and commingles with violet leaf, with its intense freshness and a hint of cucumber. Basil infuses the refreshing blend with a lively dusting of its lemon-like, savory herb. A very faint undercurrent of petro/gasoline can be sensed. Transition to the base, a rather ordinary, woods accord presents, and interplays with a light, almost airy, Haitian vetiver as well as a subtle leather. A placid drydown ensues. This high-quality composition is bright and fresh, and should prove to be very versatile. Having average projection and longevity, this scent will, indeed, shine in the spring, summer and fall.

&

Story by Paul Smith - One is initially treated to a blast of a lemony and slightly peppery, citric accord. The herbal and faintly woody aspects of ivy leaf intrude upon and commingle with this sparkling citrus, providing a crisp, leafy opening, which saunters to the awaiting middle. Here, in the heart, a floral potion from the sweet jasmine and cardboard-like mustiness of rose leaf tempers the jarring opening, and transitions to the welcoming base. An altering melange of grass-like and clean vetiver, white musk, with its laundered-linen illusion, as well as a rugged, mineral amber coalesce. With an errant metallic and faintly minty something fluttering about, the dry woodiness of cedar squires the cleanly mix to a refreshing drydown. This light and fresh composition has good projection and longevity, and will bloom in the spring, summer and fall. A very nice fragrance which can be had rather inexpensively.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by tonghpafu View Post
    +1 on the Terre D'Hermes
    Same suggestion!!!
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

Sur la Plage

Terre d'Hermes is the one.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

yet another suggestion for Terre d'Hermes.
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Terre d'Hermes haha.

Aventus
    Last edited by Matkinson; 13th April 2012 at 01:00 PM.

Esencia Loewe.
    La vita è breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Héritage de Guerlain

2. Terre d'Hermès

3. L'Essence de Déclaration de Cartier

Spicebomb by Viktor and Rolf. Terre d'Hermes is in my top 3 all-time, also.

Thank you so much everyone for your help. Hubby decided to go with Terre D'hermes so far. It will probably be awhile before he tries another one of the other scents. He happily wears his fragrance just about every day. Thank you again!

Cartier Roadster

Santal 33 from Le Labo (expensive)
    Original Musk from Kiehl's (affordable)