Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Which one would you prefer?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Versace Eau Fraiche

23 39.66%
  • Versace Pour Homme

35 60.34%

Default Versace Eau Fraiche vs. Versace Pour Homme

Hi guys, I'm debating whether to get Versace Eau Fraiche or the Versace Pour Homme. Please leave your thoughts about these fragrances including compliments, longevity, or any kind of input. All comments are appreciated! Thank you

Default Re: Versace Eau Fraiche vs. Versace Pour Homme

Have tried both, and although not a fan of either, of the two, Versace Pour Homme.

Have both, like both, but prefer versace pour homme.

Thanks for the reply guys! Keep em coming!

I can't fairly vote on this poll b/c I've only tried Eau Fraiche. I can tell you that Eau Fraiche is an absolutely great fragrance. The longevity and projection are beast for an aquatic. The scent itself is very nice. It smells like summertime. If it had enough hype and Acqua Di Gio got discontinued, this would be the next ADG.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

This is an awesome review. I've only got comments about the Pour homme so far so I really appreciate this comment. I really like the smell of eau fraiche and I've heard that the longevity is great. Do you mind telling me the amount of sprays worn and also the amount of hours you get around? That would be great! Thanks again

Versace Man Eau Fraiche smells lot like Dolce Gabana Light Blue for Women, just slightly more masculine. It is great on top but become messy after few hours on my skin. And then it is just musk + some generic woods.

Versace Pour Homme to me is mix of Chanel Allure Homme Sport on top and less refined Acqua Di Gio on drydown. I Prefer it over Chanel but it cant beat Acqua Di Gio IMO.

Longevity on both is average (6 - 8 hours)

It is hard to me pick 1 of them. To be honest I'd take Acqua Di Gio over any of them anyday but if I wanted something just super fresh I'd go for Eau Fraiche and if I want something little bit sweeter I'd get Versace Pour Homme.

My girlfriend likes all of them. I also recommend you to sample Bulgari Aqua Marine Toniq.
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

Quote Originally Posted by silent View Post
    This is an awesome review. I've only got comments about the Pour homme so far so I really appreciate this comment. I really like the smell of eau fraiche and I've heard that the longevity is great. Do you mind telling me the amount of sprays worn and also the amount of hours you get around? That would be great! Thanks again
    I go heavy on the trigger with this one, as I do with all aquatics. 5 total sprays: I do 1 spray on the chest, 1 on each wrist, and 1 on each side of the neck. I got about 8 hours with it, but that was in the winter time. I'm sure on a warm summer day it will project and last longer.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    To be honest I'd take Acqua Di Gio over any of them anyday
    I agree. ADG is hard to beat when it comes to aquatics in the summer time.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Don't forget to vote everyone!
    Thank you

Yeaa I am a huge fan of ADG but I find it too common here. Would eau fraiche be a better summer fragrance? Since summer is approaching by, I might just go with the more "summer fragrance"

Versace PH is one of my favorite aquatics. It is similar to AdG in some ways, but better, and this is why:

Awesome neroli/bergamot opening.
    Really nice clary sage note in the late opening, early heart. This adds a salty/watery/seaspray note (in addition to the ozonic notes present)
    A nice woody base that is a bit heavier than most aquatics. This adds depth and maturity to the fragrance.
    It is still extremely easy to wear in the heat - in fact it's quite cooling thanks to the hyacinth note.
    And yes, the hyacinth IS detectable and it is awesome. It's that sweet/smooth floral tone noticeable in the middle, that combined w/ the rest almost gives it a bit of a 'sweet tarts' vibe, in a good way.

Thanks for your input! Wow this is very hard to decide haha

I don't know why people dislike eau fraiche that much. I like both of them, but would prefer eau fraiche if I have to choose.
    It projects better and does get compliments.

Personally, I really like eau fraiche but I haven't given pour homme much of a chance since I never took it enough consideration. You're right though!

If you don't mind, could you post how many sprays you apply with eau fraiche? Also tell me the longevity you get with the fragrance. Thanks!

I like both but the one I own is Eau Fraiche, although I bought it before I knew how much I'd get into this hobby so I was planning on just having one summer fragrance. I figured that if I was only going to have one bottle for the summer it should be something extremely refreshing for really hot days which IMO Eau Fraiche is better for. Both give me about 7-8 hours but Eau Fraiche has much better projection on me (though PH is still decent). I usually go 3 sprays with Eau Fraiche. When I first got it, I did as much as 5 sprays with EF and was then told it had essentially filled a 20x20 ft room I had walked through with the scent. EF has gotten a good amount of compliments and PH only a few though that's probably mostly due to the projection difference (and I only have a sample of PH so I've only worn it maybe 5 times).

Banned

Versace Man Eau Fraiche by Versace - Upon application, one is treated to a zesty, citrus scent, furnished by the lemon and bergamot, combining with a sweet fruitiness, supplied by the exotic carambola. This invigorating opening floats on an air of sweet woodiness from the rosewood, and imparts a spirited freshness. Transitioning to the middle, a concoction of dry, cedar leaves, faint licorice from the tarragon, spicy pepper and hint of sage eclipses the opening. This wonderful heart stews a bit, then segues to the comforting base. A light woodiness from the sycamore commingles with the sweet amber and musk, accented by the freshness from the saffron floral to provide a refreshing drydown. This spring and summer composition has average longevity and projection.

Not sure about Eau Fraiche but Pour Homme is really nice and sexy scent, a mix of Light Blue and Allure Home sport. Sillage is decent, lasts like 4-6 hours on skin. I don't like the opening but the heart and base are damn good. Smells expensive.

THiS!

man eau fraiche smells nice, but i prefer it on a girl, not on myself (just like dior homme)... pour homme suits me much better i think. but if only it lasted longer than 2 hs.
    Seasonal favorites :

Winter : The Dreamer & Burberry London
    Spring-Autumn : Bvlgari Pour Homme & Prada Man
    Summer : Bvlgari Aqva & Aqua Fahrenheit
    All-Rounders : Terre D'Hermes & Bleu de Chanel

Pour homme, If only i could wear it =[.. doesnt work on my skin at all rofl

Sur la Plage

I personally cannot recommend purchasing either of these horrid fragrances.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I wear both of them. Both have excellent longevity and projection and are classy. I can't relate the two since they smell different, but I like Homme better and would compare it to Allure Sport.

Eau Fraiche is the winner

When I smell Eau Fraiche on others and smell it in the store I like it better than Versace PH. I think it has a great cotton tshirt vibe to it. But when I tried to wear it was gone in about an hour. That is killer. Overall if I had to pick one for an all around..work, play, longetivity, etc I'd go Versace PH then.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

To me, both lose smell within 30 minutes. But I have had others smell them on me 8 hours after application. So for me it is hard to recommend either one. But if I had to, I would say Versace Pour Homme
    TOP PICKS
    Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille Creed Silver Mountain Water Creed Millesime Imperial
    Gucci Pour Homme II YSL La Nuit de L'homme Versace The Dreamer
    Burberry London YSL L'homme L'occitane Eau Des Baux

Quote Originally Posted by M.David View Post
    Eau Fraiche is the winner
    ThiS

Thank you all for the many replies. I went to test both of the fragrances again and I honestly can't pick. I might end up just deciding from what the pole says.

I know that both of these fragrances are aquatics, which one is more suitable for summer?

compliments: Versace pour homme > VEF
    longevity: Versace pour homme >> VEF
    smell: Versace pour homme > VEF

LOL that made me laugh

Welcome Silent great username If your thinking about buying Versace Eau Fraiche you should really look into Antonio Banderas Blue Seduction. They are extremely similar and Blue Seduction in my opinion actually smells, projects, and lasts longer. Plus it's very reasonably price and the bottle looks great.

haha I was so surprised that my username wasn't taken. Thanks for your advice but I went on ahead to buy the pour homme!

Thank you all for your help! I went to buy the Versace Pour Homme

I prefer Versace Eau Fraiche. Good summer frag.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I personally cannot recommend purchasing either of these horrid fragrances.
    This. 'Horrid' is not exaggerated either.

I'm late on this one, but... I'm wearing Versace pour Homme today and I'm kind of baffled by it (in a good way). Lots of people compare it to Allure Homme Sport, which I also have a sample of. Initially, I sampled them side by side with a spray of AHS on my left wrist and Versace PH on my right. Compared side by side like that, I preferred the smell of AHS. The next day, I only wore AHS (2 sprays) and I really liked it. Today I'm wearing Versace PH and I'm far more impressed by it than I was with AHS. I really liked AHS, but for some reason, Versace PH does more for me, especially on a summer day.

Versace PH can be had online for $40 shipped, so I may have to pull the trigger on that one. While I'd never judge a scent by its bottle, I have to say that the Versace bottle is awesome.

haha it's never too late to reply! But yeah I definitely agree with your points. I'm really enjoying the Versace PH and I might even make it my signature fragrance. I also own Jean Paul Gaultier le male but I find it more common and less versatile. The Versace is great overall since it draws compliments and is never offensive. I've actually gotten more compliments with the Versace in a week than I got with le male since I've had it. Probably one of my best buys ever! Thanks for the link too! Fragrancex does sell very nice fragrances in amazing prices.

Basenotes Plus

For a beginner in scent, Versace Pour Homme will be more appealing to you. It was covered before, but the lemon zest, carambola (star fruit) and tarragon in Eau Fraiche make it stand out as a rather interesting composition. Versace Pour Homme is one you will probably "get" the proposition of easier, but the composition of Eau Fraiche is far more unique and interesting to me. I only own Eau Fraiche, but have tried Versace Pour Homme - it is too mainstream for me.

If you want to try something with incredible richness and depth from the house of Versace - two fragrances come to mind. Not for the beginner, perhaps, but maybe when you are "ready" - Versace L'Homme or Dreamer (both in Vintage formulations preferably...in which L'Homme is a near-masterpiece and Dreamer is simply stunning).

Cheers,

ericrico
    “Some perfumes are as fragrant as an infant’s flesh, sweet as an oboe’s cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.”

― Charles Baudelaire, The Flowers of Evil & Paris Spleen

Great opinion and input. I also really like eau fraiche which is why it was a hard decision to make when it came to debating which one to get. I think the final pull from the pour homme was that the projection and longevity worked better on my skin. I've tested out versace the dreamer too but it just might not be my stage yet to wear that kind of fragrance. I will definitely give it a try in the future. Thanks!

Wow thank you guys for keeping the thread rather popular. I love how these fragrances are almost equally liked by the basenotes community. Keep on voting if you are new on here!

Versace Pour Homme!