Code of Conduct

Default Any scents with leather that are appropriate for summer?

I love the smell of leather. Wondering if there are any leather scents out there appropriate for spring or summer? It feels like fall/winter to me, but just wanted to see.

Default Re: Any scents with leather that are appropriate for summer?

I have used the two below in tropical climates and they work just fine IMO

Cuir Mandarine by David Jourquin
    Franck Boclet Leather
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I tend to wear them in the winter too, but some could be used in the summer as well. One example would be Tom of finland, which has lemon and saffron. In certain cases, Bandit may work too, because it has a sharp green note.

cacio

Cereus #7.

Guerlain Habit Rouge maybe?

+1Habit Rouge, and I think Chanel Cuir de Russie will work.
    I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

My Sales Thread - A Collection Purge

Santa Maria Novella Peau d'Espagne is good in hot weather, IMO.

To the extent that you find S-ex by S-Perfumes to be a leather scent, it's well-suited to hot weather.

For that matter, I think Knize Ten works in the heat, and if that's too much, you could try Knize Sec.
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

Baladin would be appropriate in the summer.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti, L'Occitane The Vert, Numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...-Vert-*SAMPLES

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Himalaya, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti, L'Occitane The Vert, Numerous popular SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Some of these below are marketed to women but they are very unisex. I recommend sampling.

Cartier Les Heures IV, a light, fresh summery chypre with leather and a "horsehair" note. Unisex.

+1 for Habit Rouge in the EDT.

A light spray of Azuree or Aramis. Leather chypres. Azuree was marketed to women.

Hermes Kelly Caleche in the EDT. A light floral with leather, also marketed to women. Rose, floral, citrus, leather

Nicolai Vie de Chateau. A scent of hay, tobacco and leather, very good for summer: fern, cut grass, oak moss, vetiver, tobacco, patchouli, grapefruit, leather, musk, hay
    Last edited by Primrose; 29th April 2014 at 07:14 AM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Basenotes Plus

Add to the list:
    Heeley's Cuir Pleine Fleur
    John Varvatos

Each one has his/her own skin and tastes, I believe we can end up in listing any leather fragrance on the market since they work differently on everyone... However I would say Cuir Ottoman and I second Diamondflame's suggestion for Heeley's CPF.
    My current top five:

Tiffany - Tiffany for Men (vtg)
    Yves Saint Laurent - M7 (vtg)
    Fendi - Theorema
    Tom Ford - Tobacco Vanille
    Gucci - Gucci pour Homme

My sales thread | NICHE & VTG | Shiseido Basala, Boadicea Invigorating, SMN Tabacco Toscano, Signoricci, YSL M7 (AS), Gucci Envy for Men (AS), Ungaro II...

My fragrance reviews | Ye Olde Civet Cat

Yes, +1 for Habit Rouge and Kelly Caleche which has a quite green floral.
    But if one can find I would suggest Charriol Royal Leather, a sort of light Tuscan Leather.

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    Some of these below are marketed to women but they are very unisex. I recommend sampling.

Cartier Les Heures IV, a light, fresh summery chypre with leather and a "horsehair" note. Unisex.

+1 for Habit Rouge in the EDT.

A light spray of Azuree or Aramis. Leather chypres. Azuree was marketed to women.

Hermes Kelly Caleche in the EDT. A light floral with leather, also marketed to women. Rose, floral, citrus, leather

Nicolai Vie de Chateau. A scent of hay, tobacco and leather, very good for summer: fern, cut grass, oak moss, vetiver, tobacco, patchouli, grapefruit, leather, musk, hay

Basenotes Plus

Try Armani Prive Cuir Amethyste it has a candied leather violet note or Serge Lutens Sarrasins with jasmine, leather and honey.

Aleksandr by Arquiste is a fairly light leather, but as a rule I only wear 'leathers' in cooler months

Basenotes Junkie

Cuir Ottoman and Heeley CPF are on the lighter leather side and wouldn't be bad in 90 degree heat.

Aramis if you can get past the opening (it isn't for me).

I wear tuscan leather year round, just spray a little less in the summer as the intensity goes up (but the character doesn't change).

Tom Ford white suede might also work as it is light, though it wasn't my style of leather so it was a scrubber for me.

rick

+1 for John Varvatos

Perhaps also the very light, muted and smooth suede notes in the very affordable fragrance Black Suede Touch by Avon. This fragrances is unexpectedly fresh, almost soapy and has just a very marginal hint of leather to it, quite likely appropriate-in my opinion- for summer wear.

I think its marketed as year around fragrance and not that I care for it per say but I deff can pick up the leather in prada amber despite it basically just smelling like a bubble bath.

Best one I know of is:

Dior Eau Sauvage Fraicheur Cuir

Not extremely long-lasting, which kind of goes with the territory, but it's fantastic while it's kicking.

I've worn Je Suis Un Homme in the summer a few times. It seems to work.

+1 on the Dior and the Heeley.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

"I've been everywhere but the electric chair seen everything but the wind."..

No suggestions, but I just needed to check into the thread to make sure that no basenoter had posted something like "Leather Oud, it really blooms and comes to life in the heat).
    Signature Scent

Quote Originally Posted by Darjeeling View Post
    No suggestions, but I just needed to check into the thread to make sure that no basenoter had posted something like "Leather Oud, it really blooms and comes to life in the heat).
    It's only a matter of time!

In addition to Aleksandr and Vie de Chateau I suggest Balafre de Lancome and Arsene Lupin (Dandy) by Guerlain; both light on the leather.

I would wear only Cerruti - L'Essence de Cerruti

Aventus has leather in the composition , buried 6ft under but pyramid details it in the composition but you propably want a leather that plays a protagonist role....
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Cravache & Bandit - But not the latest formulation. Those smell terrible.
    Bottles from around 5 years ago.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    Baladin would be appropriate in the summer.
    +1 for this. Antaeus, used lightly, would be OK. Aqua Fahrenheit would be a great match and perfect for summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Darjeeling View Post
    Spray a mist of Leather Oud, then walk through the mist a couple of times.

Subtle.

HTH.

L 'eau D'Issey Pour Homme Sport is a summer/citrus scent with a prominent leather note.

Eau d'Hermes

for swap/sale: