92 61.74%
  • Millesime Imperial

53 35.57%
  • Silver Mountain Water

34 22.82%
  • Green Irish Tweed

77 51.68%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Default Creed Aventus or Millesime Imperial or Silver Mountain Water or Green Irish Tweed

Hi, i want to buy creed sample vials and i have to choose two from above but not sure which one are worthy of sampling. Can anybody help me pick two out of four? Currently my choices are Aventus and Millesime Imperial. What do you guys think?

Default Re: Creed Aventus or Millesime Imperial or Silver Mountain Water or Green Irish Tweed

personally, i would go Aventus and GIT probably,

Default Re: Creed Aventus or Millesime Imperial or Silver Mountain Water or Green Irish Tweed

Order all of them, it is just samples.

Sound Scents

I voted GIT and MI, the only two from your list I liked.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frťdťric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driý) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Aventus and Millesime Imperial are my two favorite Creeds.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Bonoanimoes View Post
    No, it will add to the confusion. Just want to select the best two.

GIT and Aventus

This !

More samples, more fun
    - Mark

…GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE!

"OOOOOOH WHAT A GOAL! IT'S DANNY ROSE, ON HIS PREMIER LEAGUE DEBUT, WITH A MEMORABLE STRIKE!"

Are you an oenophile? Join our wine group! http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=108

Dependent

Same here
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

Quote Originally Posted by fragit View Post
    Ah, that explains why I'm so f*cking messed up drowning in my stash of samples...

What adds confusion is letting others decide which two you like the best.
    Get samples of them all and decide for yourself instead. Do not let others dictate your taste
    - Mark

…GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE!

"OOOOOOH WHAT A GOAL! IT'S DANNY ROSE, ON HIS PREMIER LEAGUE DEBUT, WITH A MEMORABLE STRIKE!"

Are you an oenophile? Join our wine group! http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=108

Sur la Plage

Green Irish Tweed is the only one I can recommend. Don't waste any time on the other duds.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Millesime Imperial and GIT and let your nose be the judge.

Even though I can only vote for two, I love them all except SMW

Aventus and SMW for me
    "Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each!" - Henry David Thoreau

Yep. Sometimes more is not better. After smelling Black Aoud sample I was almost sure that I will order it in future. Just to be sure that it is best choice from Montale I ordered another samples of Aouds from their line. Now having many of them, it is hard to pick one so I will rather not buy anything than have to live with idea that I should order rather different one. And having all of them is not option because difference is subtle!

This Creeds are probably more different than Montale scents but still, having more choices doesnt make you more happy!
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Creed Millesime Imperial
    4. Lalique Encre Noire
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

SMW get the most compliments for me. MI is imo Creeds top fragrance with GIT coming in second. Aventus for some odd reason is really hyped but I don't get it. It is ok at best.

Banned

Aventus, most assuredly, and Green Irish Tweed ...

Green Irish Tweed

Aventus and GIT

Aventus and GIT without a doubt.

Aventus and MI

I would go either MI and GIT or SMW and Aventus.

JK... I voted for GIT and Aventus. The other two I can barely smell after an hour or two of spraying.

Thanks for replying guys. Looks like SMW will not be on the buying list.

its a good fragrance better then Himalaya but nothing compared to the other three tbh

MI and Aventus

Quote Originally Posted by dollars&scents View Post
    Aventus, most assuredly, and Green Irish Tweed ...
    I agree

All 4. You'll have to try em all some time anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by DNT View Post
    All 4. You'll have to try em all some time anyway.
    +1. Still my favorite is GIT. Aventus and MI are in a tie for a second place.
    Please check out my selling list:

YSL Opium homme EDP, Rive Gauche pour homme, Villoresi Uomo, Dior Homme vintage, Body Kouros, Guerlain homme intense etc.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/376...-etc-Worldwide!

Banned
    Blog Entries

I wouldn't call the others "duds" per say, but if you're thinking about getting a full bottle in the future, then GIT is the one I endorse. SMW is nice, but it's hard for me to get past its '90s feminine/fresh vibe. MI is just plain boring to me - albeit beautifully boring. Aventus . . . still don't know what to say about that one. It's growing on me, but awfully slowly. At least with GIT you're getting real presence, longevity, and a perfectly-balanced scent.

For me GIT = allergy reaction. I go Cool Water for this scent. Regardless, I prefer the following...
    MI is very special, clear. I like MI, it keeps me sniffing.
    SMW is interesting as the scent goes away and then returns. I like the interactive experience with SMW.
    I would not choose 1 bottle. I would get two smaller bottles of SMW and MI.

none of these. get a sample of original vetiver. smells safe and pleasant.

I think you should sample SMW. I have all four and SMW lasts the longest on me and IMO is the most original. I feel it is just as modern as MI and certainly more modern than GIT. It is a very memorable scent and I do not get any feminine vibe from it. At the moment,MI would be my favorite of the four, but you should at least sample SMW.

I think the choices you were thinking about making is the right one. Aventus/MI

another vote for MI and Aventus!

Basenotes Junkie

I didn't vote, pretty much because I can't decide which one I like the best. I own Aventus, GIT and MI, and I LOVE them all. Silver Mountain Water is next on my hit-list.

I'd try hard to get samples on all of them, as they're all really DAMN good, and you're going to miss out if you don't check them all out.

Own GIT and Aventus and love both. If MI lasts as long as the other two I would recommend it just as highly.

Hi, i want to buy creed sample vials and i have to choose two from above but not sure which one are worthy of sampling. Can anybody help me pick two out of four? Currently my choices are Aventus and Millesime Imperial. What do you guys think?
    Even if just sampling I would check batch numbers and purchase from someone who decanted samples rather than getting sample vials. I tried Aventus and MI from a vial originally and didn't think much of either. A couple of months later I decided to revisit these via decanted samples (checking batch numbers first with what others have said here) and I love both of these.

I would stick with your original choices, MI and Aventus. Both are great and far better than the others imo...

Aventus and Silver Mountain Water have always been a couple of my favorites. The other two, while nice, I can't say have the same appeal of the other two. Silver Mountain Water is probably the most "feminine" of the bunch, but not overly so in my opinion.

MI and GIT

Keep in mind....David Bowie wears SMW. You should at least check it out. It really is fabulous!

silver mountain water receives more complents than any other for me.. I mean almost every time i wear it from women of all ages.. crazy no joke!.. My happen to work with ladies all day and i usually rotate between aventus which i usually wear on colder days and silver mountain water and git on warmer days. Today I happened to receive 5 complents. In the elevator , hallways cafeteria line. The nurses go crazy over it !! very unique scent that is very clean.

It really does seem cliche, but Aventus and GIT are the top dogs as far as I am concerned.

personally my favorite that i always go back to and enjoy the most is git.

I own Aventus, GIT, MI and Original vetiver (which I'm wearing today).

Aventus and MI would be my recommendation. Very unique and clean scents. I don't get it with GIT. I have a large bottle and wear it often but it's very unnatural smelling. Yes, the violet note is real and quite good, but apart from that, you aren't missing much. It smells a bit like washing powder to me. Something my mother used to put in the laundry a long time ago.

Aventus for me is the king followed by MI and OV as well.

Basenotes Plus

Green Irish Tweed and Millesime Imperial are the only two that I like. A lot of folks like Aventus, but that pineapple notes doesn't work for me at all. SMW is very nice, but I believe that GIT and MI are better. You might also want to consider Original Vetiver. It is a very clean, fresh scent.

GIT and Aventus

Aventus last and projects the best for me followed by GIT so in that regard I'd say those two. Especially for the arm and leg prices you want it to be known you are a man of creed.

Aventus

aventus is the most loved? yikes... oh well

1. MI
    2. SMW/GIT
    3. Aventus

If you took aventus out of the poll, it would be interesting to see what the votes looked like.

I went for MI and GIT. I've not jumped on the Aventus band wagon (so far anyway)

Banned
    Blog Entries

I picked Silver Mountain Water and Green Irish Tweed. But I really like Millesime Imperial too.

Aventus is an amazing fragrance, but please don't take it dogmatically.

Blog Entries

You'd better LOVE fake watermelon smell if you get MI...and SMW has a strange rotten fermented apple smell. We had an orchard and that smell in the autumn meant rotten apples
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

Aventus > GIT > SMW > MI
    (not a fan of MI)

Seeing as this thread is from April 2012 I hope the OP has his samples already...
    Just say no to oniomania.

This poll is over a year old. The polls are becoming redundant.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trilby Lark View Post
    This poll is over a year old. The polls are becoming redundant.
    More than 2 years. Since the OP did not deliver, I guess it's safe to say he chose Aventus and GIT.

Sample all four.

No need to reboot a poll from years ago. I can't imagine that the user is still waiting for feedback, so I'm going to lock this one.