Code of Conduct

Default Guerlain: Elixir Charnel Gourmand Coquin

I smelled this one and I was floored from the very start. Lush dark chocolate with rum, I felt like biting my arm off

Which one of you lucky BN'ers owns this juice? What can you tell me about the projection and longevity?

Default Re: Guerlain: Elixir Charnel Gourmand Coquin

Quote Originally Posted by thegoon24 View Post
    I smelled this one and I was floored from the very start. Lush dark chocolate with rum, I felt like biting my arm off
    Strong endorsement, I'd say!

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Strong endorsement, I'd say!
    Hednic, it smells edible!

LOngevity is superior - I get more than 8 hours on my skin.. but for a fragrance at this price point (~$260), you have to skin test it.

I've heard this one is being discontinued.

IT's funny because I've been craving chocolate lately so I've reviewed Gourmand Coquin and Montale Chocolate Greedy. I compare them to car.. the Guerlain is a Bentley, the Montale is a Lexus. In addition to rum at the top, I get cherry as well.. but the the true star is the amazing milky chocolate.
    Check out my new blog http://www.NotableScents.net

Very good scents, but not for the price commanded by Guerlain. And I am a Guerlain fan.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by djron91 View Post
    LOngevity is superior - I get more than 8 hours on my skin.. but for a fragrance at this price point (~$260), you have to skin test it.

I've heard this one is being discontinued.

IT's funny because I've been craving chocolate lately so I've reviewed Gourmand Coquin and Montale Chocolate Greedy. I compare them to car.. the Guerlain is a Bentley, the Montale is a Lexus. In addition to rum at the top, I get cherry as well.. but the the true star is the amazing milky chocolate.
    Is it really being discontinued? I need to contact Guerlain immediately to verify this. Don't want to miss this liquid chocolate.

I really fell in love with Gourmand Coquin, when I first sampled it a few years ago, and even sung its praises on the forum. However, I ended up not buying a bottle at the 11th hour. Yes, it's utterly lovely and lasts for quite a while but its sillage is very low and that irritated me after a while.

Before springing for a bottle, I would advise you to sample Mazzolari's Lei beforehand - I find it a fraction better than the Guerlain. And, if you're really on a tight budget, try Al-Rehab's Choco Musk (it's the only Al-Rehab I've tried that smells like a quality niche fragrance, as opposed to a rip-off of something else).

Although I'm currently in a position to buy both the Mazzolari and Guerlain, if I wanted to, I settled for the Al-Rehab - it's just as good, lasts 48 hours easily and the sillage is very satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    I really fell in love with Gourmand Coquin, when I first sampled it a few years ago, and even sung its praises on the forum. However, I ended up not buying a bottle at the 11th hour. Yes, it's utterly lovely and lasts for quite a while but its sillage is very low and that irritated me after a while.

Before springing for a bottle, I would advise you to sample Mazzolari's Lei beforehand - I find it a fraction better than the Guerlain. And, if you're really on a tight budget, try Al-Rehab's Choco Musk (it's the only Al-Rehab I've tried that smells like a quality niche fragrance, as opposed to a rip-off of something else).

Although I'm currently in a position to buy both the Mazzolari and Guerlain, if I wanted to, I settled for the Al-Rehab - it's just as good, lasts 48 hours easily and the sillage is very satisfying.
    I noticed the sillage was quite low as well. It's honestly between this one and Spiriteuse Double Vanille.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoon24 View Post
    I noticed the sillage was quite low as well. It's honestly between this one and Spiriteuse Double Vanille.
    I would go for the SDV. This lasts a long time and the vanilla blends with the florals.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    I would go for the SDV. This lasts a long time and the vanilla blends with the florals.
    Agreed.

I love Gourmand Coquin. I think it has adequate sillage and it certainly lasts over 8 hours. It is so delicious and comforting too. I can't believe this is going to be discontinued. I found this to be one of the best Elixirs. I guess I need to find out for sure whether it will be discontinued because I will buy a back up bottle.
    Evenstar

Quote Originally Posted by arwen_elf View Post
    I love Gourmand Coquin. I think it has adequate sillage and it certainly lasts over 8 hours. It is so delicious and comforting too. I can't believe this is going to be discontinued. I found this to be one of the best Elixirs. I guess I need to find out for sure whether it will be discontinued because I will buy a back up bottle.
    I called the Guerlain Boutique in Canada and the SA told me it is not being discontinued. Fear not, my friends!

Neither do I have any info about it being discontinued from a lady who has close contact with La MAison Guerlain in Paris. it is a real relief, as I would have to buy a bottle immediately .