Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Scent of Escada Casual Friday ?

Hello!

I would like to know if any of you already smelled the Escada Casual Friday, released in 1999? I would like to know how it is smelling ? The notes are this : Cedar, Cedarwood, Patchouli, Cinnamon, Aniseed, Licorice, Cotton Flower, Cardamom, Cloves, Amber, Vanilla. Since I'm not that good with notes, I have some problems to imagiine how this can smell? Some people told me it is a mix of the old Aqua Velva Ice Blue and Eau d'orange Verte from Hermes. Is it true?? Theres no orange in this lolll!

Thanks!!

Default Re: Scent of Escada Casual Friday ?

I have it in my collection as I bought it when it first came out, but it's been a while since I've used it. From what I remember it's not overpowering and very spicy with fair longevity.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok and do you know what fragrance could be the most identical?? I wanted to buy it for my cousin since it was his best for many years ago but since its now discontinued and very hard to find, I would like to buy something else that could be very very similar...

There is so many different fragrances these days that are similar and almost identical to something else so maybe I will have some luck with Casual Friday

Post Thanks / Like

You could try Rochas Man or Opium for Men.

Yohji Homme has some similarities, but it is getting harder to find. There are some bottles on the sales board at the moment though.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Casual Friday smells fluffy, almost cotton-y, and sweet, mostly of cedar, (light) licorice, and vanilla. It's pretty good, especially stacked against Escada's later offerings. If this sounds good to you, you can find sample vials cheap on eBay. If you want similar, Lolita Lempicka au Masculin, Body kouros, Yohji Homme, and Ghost Man are all basically different takes on a similar theme (and all very good).
    "Strange things are afoot. I am one of them and I am up to another." -*^-'._.'-^*- - S.B.

Post Thanks / Like

Allright thanks for your suggestions. I'll check that!

In my opinion, it is similar to Bond's New Harleem

Post Thanks / Like

To me, its somehow a mix of Body Kouros and Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin with a touch of cinnamon. Spectacular fragrance. Now I personally don't think I know anything exactly like it, but Body Kouros and perhaps Le Male Terrible would give him a similar, though still different, vibe.
    Fall/Winter Rotation:

Lanc˘me Hypn˘se
    Lanvin Avant Garde
    Zegna Intenso
    Dior Homme Intense
    Thierry Mugler Taste of Fragrance
    Prada Amber Intense Pour Homme

If smelling good was a crime, I'd be serving a lifetime sentence....

- OE (olfactoryexperience)

I like it a lot. It's a "cool" oriental that does actually give me a relaxed vibe. Even though I don't think it has a mint note, it reminds of those green shamrock shakes that McDonalds sells around St. Patrick's Day. I'm really glad I was able to snag a bottle of Casual Friday before it became discontinued.
    "He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative."-- G.K. Chesterton

Wow, that sounds like a spectacular fragrance. Too bad it is priced absurd!
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Post Thanks / Like

Oh.. comparing it to body kouros, lolita lempicka and even le mÔle made me think that it was not the "Casual Friday" that he wore in 1999-2000. I asked to my cousin what was exactly the name of his "so-famous-loved" fragrance he was wearing back in 1999-2000 and he just remember that it was labeled "Escada" on the bottle. So I searched online to see which one it could be and the only escada bottle that have "escada" written on it and that could be out before 1999 since he was wearing it in 1999 is the "Casual Friday". But from what I remember, it was smelling more like crisp, spicy, maybe with menthol. It was not smelling "sweet" like le male, lolita lempicka or whatever..

Do they redesigned the botttle? After checking the notes, I thought it was maybe Escada Silver Light edition, or even the original, but they don,t have "Escada" written on the bottle. Just on the box. So.. I'm now confused...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PsYcHo View Post
    Ok and do you know what fragrance could be the most identical??
    yes it's very similar to eau sauvage parfum dior!

Post Thanks / Like

For those who are interested, some bottles of Casual Friday are presently for sale on french Ebay since several weeks .I purchased one 125 ml spray for 40 euros including shipment ; fragrance is OK .