Code of Conduct

Default Prada perfume companion

Good evening Basenoters.

I'm a great, great, or maybe even greatest fan of Prada fragrances, especially Prada Amber Pour Homme and Prada Infusion d'Homme. I'm in the search for a new scent that would be great for spring. Here, in eastern Europe springs are very moody, rain quickly changes into sun and vice versa. I love those Prada perfume for their incredible taste and style, their wonderful aura, irreplaceable clean vibe they have and a gorgeous longevity, as both last on me for +12 hours and even few days on clothes.

I'd like to find a perfume that would gloriously stand between these two. Something that smells similar to my beloved Prada perfumes, but is not a copycat scent. The one I'm looking for should have something hidden in it's juice that would definitely allow me to say "it's as wonderful as Prada, but IT DOES smell a little bit different." I think it should be a scent that has iris notes, lavender, saffron, but first of all - neroli, petitgrain and bergamot.

If you can help, please do

Basenotes Junkie

Default Re: Prada perfume companion

I'm tempted to recommend you Green Irish Tweed by Creed. I haven't sampled Amber, but I really like Infusion d'Homme, and GIT really compliments that fragrance.

You could try it out, get a sample or visit a store and see if you like it. It does at least tick some of the requirements you have.

Quote Originally Posted by hreple View Post
    I'm tempted to recommend you Green Irish Tweed by Creed. I haven't sampled Amber, but I really like Infusion d'Homme, and GIT really compliments that fragrance.

You could try it out, get a sample or visit a store and see if you like it. It does at least tick some of the requirements you have.
    That's a good shout. That's what I chose first when I was looking for something to add to my every day use of Prada - Amber pour homme.

What about Carthusia 1681? Fragrantica lists the notes as bergamot, coriander, lavender, petit grain, rosemary, thyme, iris, neroli, black pepper, sandalwood, cedar, incense, ambergris, vanilla and musk.

Arome 3 by D'Orsay

Not sure if it's not discontinued but I would like to recommend a fragrance that doesn't get much loving here, it's Marc Jacobs Men. Very underrated frag IMO. And its style goes in hand with Pradas you mention.

Banned

try:

Bulgari pour Homme Soir by Bulgari - An initial burst of refreshing bergamot, halfway between a lemon and an orange, with its tart and juicy green and very faint mint-like aspects, professes the clean and fresh opening. The darjeeling tea beckons the invigorating bergamot to stew in the heart, and infuses it with its somewhat powdery and medicinal woodiness morphing the sharp citrus into a more fruity bent. Guaiacwood, with its honey and smoky features, and papyrus, with its withered grassy and light wood facets, serve as a background for the simmering brew, which has acquired a sweet and wet earthiness. The waiting base, with its soft and almost syrupy amber as well as its radiant and slightly soapy musk, tugs for recognition and carries the tea blend to its delightful drydown. This classy fragrance can be an all-season treat, and has average projection, becoming a skin scent, and good longevity.