Code of Conduct

Default Bottega Veneta EDP or Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur?

Which one has more leather?

I am not into subtle leathers. If a leather note is in a fragrance, it should get top billing, IMO.
    "...put on clothes that are well-scented with incense. Even if you’re somewhere where no one special will see you, you still feel a heady sense of pleasure inside." Things that make your heart beat fast (translated by Meredith McKinney), Sei Shonagon. The Pillow Book.

"The sunset is deeper and longer. The scent of the jasmine is stronger." Miracles. Pet Shop Boys

Default Re: Bottega Veneta EDP or Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur?

The bottega is a nice fragrance and the powderiness reminds me of Chloe in a way. The leather is almost nonexistent as in Heely but the Heely is a smidgen more prominent with leather but still quite nonexistent. I am use to powerhouse leathers I suppose.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur for me.

Thank you for the replies. I like strong leathers like Tuscan Leather, Charles Street and Aramis.
    "...put on clothes that are well-scented with incense. Even if you’re somewhere where no one special will see you, you still feel a heady sense of pleasure inside." Things that make your heart beat fast (translated by Meredith McKinney), Sei Shonagon. The Pillow Book.

"The sunset is deeper and longer. The scent of the jasmine is stronger." Miracles. Pet Shop Boys

Have you tried Brooklyn by bond 9?
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    Have you tried Brooklyn by bond 9?
    Thank you, Scentologist, but I have a bit of problem with Bond No. 9 based on what they do to small private perfumers like Anya McCoy and Liz Zorn:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/204...y-My-Riverside

Power Where You Need It

I don't find them to be comparable. To me the Bottega has a chypre-y structure that CPF completely lacks pushing the accelerator on a solid violet/vetiver/birch accord that reults overall more "msculine". As for the leather, they're both more suede-y than leathery...Overall, I strongly prefer CPF.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

I didn't get much (if any) leather from Bottega's offering. It seemed to be more of a patchouli affair, with added moss and pink pepper.
    Cuir pleine fleur is a softer suede with prominent violet and cedar.

I'm not sure if either are what you are looking for, Primrose.
    Have you tried MPG's Cuir Fétiche ?

CPF has far more leather than BV to my nose.

BV is more of a suede akin to Daim Blonde and like DB has a fruity/peachy element that can be quite dominant.