Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Which one of these 3 fragrance should I buy next? The next big buy....

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Montale Black Aoud

10 18.87%
  • Chanel Sycomore

34 64.15%
  • Chanel Coromandel

9 16.98%

Default Which one of these 3 fragrance should I buy next? The next big buy....

So I just received my bottle of Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan yesterday, and I'm looking for my next big buy....Which one of these 3 fragrance should I buy next? I like all three, but you had to pick one, which one would you buy first?
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Default Re: Which one of these 3 fragrance should I buy next? The next big buy....

I have considered/considering these same three fragrances for purchase, and given that the warmer seasons of the year are upon us, I purchased Sycomore first.

Default Re: Which one of these 3 fragrance should I buy next? The next big buy....

Coromandel and the great patchouli. Though the most versatile is most likely Sycamore.

Can't miss with any of them IMO. My choice for the OP: Chanel Sycomore

Sycamore!

Sur la Plage

Sycamore
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Montale Black Aoud

IMO all three but start with sycomore

Basenotes Plus

Sycomore.

Sound Scents

Sycomore
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Sycamore because I think you would be able to wear it more often.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Black Aoud is too powerful for summer. Go with Sycomore.
    Five that I am enjoying right now

1) Sel de Vetiver by The Different Company
    2) Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain
    3) Bois des Iles by Chanel
    4) Devin by Aramis
    5) Coromandel by Chanel

I don't think I'd buy any of them, but Coromandel is nice enough. I was interested in Black Aoud until smelling it on my skin. Horrible stuff.

I voted black aoud because it's beautiful, but I changed my mind to sycomore. More wearable, definitely good from a collection stand point too.

I have encre noire, but I agree on Sycomore as a more easy to wear fragrance...
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Can't miss with any of them IMO.
    +1 ... However, inasmuch as you have at least three, other vetivers, I would go with ↓↓↓↓↓

Coromandel by Chanel - One is initially treated to wafts of peppery spiciness commingling with a somewhat camphoraceous, yet dirty, patchouli. This intriguing and inviting melange floats on an ephemeral cloud of salty fruitiness and spices of cloves and ginger. Aromatic woods, with hints of lemon verbena and minty laurel, serve as a backdrop to this stirring opening. Transitioning to the middle, the woods fade and wisps of florals, with violet-like iris, clover-like rose and sweetly seductive jasmine, interface with the musty earthiness of patchouli, which has taken on a clay-like facet. A nascent, vanillic amber sprinkles the melange, giving the florals a creamy texture, and coaxes a cocoa aspect of patchouli to rise up. Segueing to the robust base, balsamic woods, hay-like beeswax, herbaceous cinnamon, all intermingle and interplay with the vanillic and almond sweetness of benzoin. The heavy, resinous, sweetish amber has come into full bloom. A restrained smoky frankincense reels about. And, a chocolate-like tone presents from the interweaving of coumarin and patchouli. A delightsome drydown ensues. This high-quality composition is definitely unisex, if not leaning masculine, and has average projection and longevity. Its elegance will shine in the fall and winter.

Dependent

I voted for Coromandel! that would be my next big buy too
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

Voted for Coromandel. Beautiful stuff, it kills Sycomore in longevity and projection albeit not nearly as versatile.

Sycamore

I voted for Sycomore. Coromandel could also work very nicely in warmer months, but it's not as versatile. Wait for cool weather for Black Aoud.

Dependent

Personal preference is Sycomore
    "The most beautiful sea hasn’t been crossed yet. The most beautiful child hasn’t grown up yet. The most beautiful days we haven’t seen yet. And the most beautiful words I wanted to tell you... I haven’t said yet…"
    -Nazim Hikmet Ran

Sycomore, no doubts.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

I voted Sycomore because the summer is coming, and I use a lot of it in the season - it just seems perfect then. But I love Black aoud too. Perhaps when the summer is over...

cacio

I voted Sycomore. The warmer weather is coming and I think this will do better than the other two in the warm weather.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Epic Man
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Musc Ravageur
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Aoud 1
    10.Tobacco Vanille

They're all very good in their respective genre.
    Rose (and oud I guess), vetiver and patchouli.

Assess which one you need/like the most and go with it.

for swap/sale:

Sycomore

Sycomore, though not for me, makes the most sense for this time of year. Black Aoud is beautiful, but as thick as a woolen sweater.

Love Black Aoud, but I would wait until Fall to buy it

I see a trend here. I'll go with it and vote for Sycomore as well.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

While I'll suggest sycomore also, I think Blake aoud would work fine in the summer. It is strong though. If you end up going with montale you might as well order direct from them and get a free 20ml with a 100ml purchase or pick 2 50ml. Really they're all wonderful.