Code of Conduct

Default I got to try Bond New York Amber today at Saks Fifth...what a beautiful fragrance....

Today I visited Saks Fifth again to get my crave for some nice fragrance.... I tried a few Bond fragrance, and the new Chanel Allure Homme Sports Extreme.... the one that really got my attention today is Bond New York Amber... what a beautiful fragrance... you can smell some of the awesome notes listed... the amber, saffron, oud, sandalwood and rose... this is on my to buy list... the only thing is that this is another expensive one from Bond... $260 for a 1.7 oz bottle... if i can find it at a discount, i'm buying it... such a beautiful fragrance...
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Default Re: I got to try Bond New York Amber today at Saks Fifth...what a beautiful fragrance....

I agree.....This is a Wonderful fragrance!!!
    Gary

Default Re: I got to try Bond New York Amber today at Saks Fifth...what a beautiful fragrance....

Quote Originally Posted by change1 View Post
    Today I visited Saks Fifth again to get my crave for some nice fragrance.... I tried a few Bond fragrance, and the new Chanel Allure Homme Sports Extreme.... the one that really got my attention today is Bond New York Amber... what a beautiful fragrance... you can smell some of the awesome notes listed... the amber, saffron, oud, sandalwood and rose... this is on my to buy list... the only thing is that this is another expensive one from Bond... $260 for a 1.7 oz bottle... if i can find it at a discount, i'm buying it... such a beautiful fragrance...
    Glad you found it to your liking. I wish I could say the same for my experience trying this.

I agree that this is a special fragrance for bond. Where I am undecided is in the drydown. It turns a bit fem and the only thing stopping me is when I ask myself if I would wear a full bottle. When you have so much fragrance, you have to be selective and buy what you will actually reach for regularly. I haven't crossed it out yet but I am indecisive about this one.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

I like this one quite a bit, but haven't yet committed to a purchase. With so many bottles of stuff already on hand, I'm trying to avoid buying any further full bottles unless it is something I absolutely adore and would wear frequently. This is definitely one I have had my eye on recently, however.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Why is this so expensive on top of their already high prices?

Post Thanks / Like

Wore this today. Very nice and spicy, but not FBW. When it dries down it smells like Polo Explorer with a little vanilla tossed in.

Post Thanks / Like

So...many...ellipses!

I like it a lot, too, but apparently because they claim that there's oud somewhere underneath all the visible notes, it deserves another 100 or so dollars. I've never smelled the faintest hint of oud and I'm fairly certain the concoction wouldn't change if it were removed, but god forbid that price tag lower at all.
    Body Kouros, La Nuit, Fahrenheit and other designer bottles for trade in My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by D.Sprad View Post
    So...many...ellipses!

I like it a lot, too, but apparently because they claim that there's oud somewhere underneath all the visible notes, it deserves another 100 or so dollars. I've never smelled the faintest hint of oud and I'm fairly certain the concoction wouldn't change if it were removed, but god forbid that price tag lower at all.
    Yeah, this one is just too much for what it offers. If I ever see it at the online discounters, however, I will probably get it.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

New York Amber is considered a full strength perfume concentration - 30%, not an EDP like the rest of their line. It's not a bad fragrance, but I preferred Killians Amber Oud. You may want to try the New York Oud next time you test some Bond's.

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

Amazon has 3.4 ounces for $190.

Post Thanks / Like

It's a shame you didnt get to sample it three weeks ago. The Bond Boutiques had this one available for their refill event as a free3.4 oz bottle.

I don't care for it....smells like an old lady in church.

I really like it as well. It does seem a little feminine but, whenever I have a full wearing it doesn't seem all that feminine and dries down very nice. Lasts FOREVER!
    Last edited by MrFragranceReview; 20th July 2012 at 10:10 PM.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM