What did you think of Lumiere Noire pour Homme vs Voleur de Roses?
Thread: New to the Fragrance Game
I am a new collector of Fragrances of all kinds, mainly colognes, and this is my first cologne review video feat. Ralph Lauren's - Polo Blue. What do you guys think of this aquatic scent? Likes? Dislikes?
Last edited by socalwoman; 16th April 2012 at 02:32 PM. Reason: link
Polo Blue by Ralph Lauren - One is initially treated to a fruity melange of melons, cucumber and tangerine; the sweetness thereof diluted by the watery freshness and somewhat medicinal flavor of the cucumber. This appealing opening meanders to the perky middle. Here, light piney sage, sweet, anise-like basil and bitter geranium stew with the freshness of the opening, imparting some pep to the lackadaisical fruitiness. The brewing spicy heart is beckoned by the signature base. A confluence of soft, leather suede, sweet amber wood, heady patchouli, velvety moss and sheer musk subsumes the spicy fruits, and carries the composition to its green drydown. This ho-hum composition has poor longevity - lasting 4-5 hours, and poor projection - 2 hours at most.
The same response for your identical thread in the Male Fragrance Discussion Forum.
Last edited by dollars&scents; 16th April 2012 at 08:47 AM.
I own Polo Blue through a blind buy when it first came out but was disappointed with it. I have smelled much worse, but so far only the original Polo (Green) has impressed me from RL.
Current Top Favorites:
1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
4) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie
6) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie
dislike, but welcome and have fun on your journey
have not tried em yet, i'd like to though!
Want to trade - Tom Ford Extreme for Windsor, Amber Absolute, Aventus x02....
CHEAP CREED SPLITS
Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed
Himalaya, Aventus, Tabarome
plus Amouage Honour & Fate Man
I am a new
I like them since they are unusual.