What did you think of Lumiere Noire pour Homme vs Voleur de Roses?
Thread: New to the Fragrance Game
I am a new collector of Fragrances of all kinds, mainly colognes, and this is my first cologne review video feat. Ralph Lauren's - Polo Blue. What do you guys think of this aquatic scent? Likes? Dislikes?
Last edited by socalwoman; 16th April 2012 at 02:32 PM. Reason: link
Polo Blue by Ralph Lauren - One is initially treated to a fruity melange of melons, cucumber and tangerine; the sweetness thereof diluted by the watery freshness and somewhat medicinal flavor of the cucumber. This appealing opening meanders to the perky middle. Here, light piney sage, sweet, anise-like basil and bitter geranium stew with the freshness of the opening, imparting some pep to the lackadaisical fruitiness. The brewing spicy heart is beckoned by the signature base. A confluence of soft, leather suede, sweet amber wood, heady patchouli, velvety moss and sheer musk subsumes the spicy fruits, and carries the composition to its green drydown. This ho-hum composition has poor longevity - lasting 4-5 hours, and poor projection - 2 hours at most.
The same response for your identical thread in the Male Fragrance Discussion Forum.
Last edited by dollars&scents; 16th April 2012 at 08:47 AM.
I own Polo Blue through a blind buy when it first came out but was disappointed with it. I have smelled much worse, but so far only the original Polo (Green) has impressed me from RL.
Current Top Favorites:
1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
4) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie
6) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie
dislike, but welcome and have fun on your journey
have not tried em yet, i'd like to though!
CHEAP CREED SPLITS
Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed
Himalaya, Aventus, Tabarome
plus Amouage Honour & Fate Man
I am a new
I like them since they are unusual.