Code of Conduct

Default L'instant de Guerlain Extreme for $40???

So I have suddenly started to develop a very strong attraction to this fragrance... and I know that they have it in stock at the Guerlain boutique in Toronto for about $80, which isn't too bad at all, but after looking online I have found sites that sell the stuff for $35-45, though they are all sold out right now.

I'm just wondering...

1. If these sites are legit
    2. If there are any other sites like them that sell LIDGE for the same price that tend to get stock in on a regular basis.

Any help would be appreciated.

... man this stuff smells nice haha

Default Re: L'instant de Guerlain Extreme for $40???

This is one of my all-time favorite fragrances. LIDGE is Not For Sale in the US by Guerlain (not sure why). You may find many sites that advertise it, but there out of stock or at least have been for a long time. There are many legitimate sites, but as far as LIDGE is concerned, it's a "draw item" to their store whether they have it or not.

You also may have seen LIDG (not extreme version), which is also very good but is much cheaper.

You must be looking at the non-extreme versions. L'instant extreme cannot be had for $40, unless you get extremely lucky.

those sites have had those prices for a year. they will never have it in stock though, dont even bother to check them.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Bought LIDGE on Ebay for $80 and waiting for it to arrive from the UK.

It's California summer here, so may have to wait to Fall. Though, it's not unusual to have cool nights in summer here.

Quote Originally Posted by themoogle View Post

It's California summer here, so may have to wait to Fall. Though, it's not unusual to have cool nights in summer here.
    Question. I live in cali also and considering buying off ebay from uk. Are you getting charged any customs fee's or anything like that? if so how much.

And in response to the thread. You may get lucky and find one for cheap. Who knows. I came up on Bond No. 9 New Haarlem brand new for 100 dollars flat. Totally authentic and everything. Person selling it just didn't know what he had. If a website posts the wrong price you are entitled to the advertised price. lol

There was the S&H, which was GBP 7.50, which is about $ 12.

No customs, they just declare it's a gift.

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    those sites have had those prices for a year. they will never have it in stock though, dont even bother to check them.
    Yeah... I saw the same thing, not worth your time. Deal with the Guerlain boutique in Toronto. At least it has it in stock unlike the US boutiques.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Epic Man
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Musc Ravageur
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Aoud 1
    10.Tobacco Vanille

Stick with the boutique in Toronto.

I got mine for such price from a local discounter. Guerlain in general is not very popular here and they don't strictly control pricing. It's just another case of varied distribution.

Quote Originally Posted by >BOOMER< View Post
    This is one of my all-time favorite fragrances. LIDGE is Not For Sale in the US by Guerlain (not sure why). You may find many sites that advertise it, but there out of stock or at least have been for a long time. There are many legitimate sites, but as far as LIDGE is concerned, it's a "draw item" to their store whether they have it or not.

You also may have seen LIDG (not extreme version), which is also very good but is much cheaper.
    Nope it was the extreme version.

I forgot to post the link but here it is:

http://www.deepdiscount.com/fragranc...m-spray-25-oz/
    Quote Originally Posted by Reza View Post
    You must be looking at the non-extreme versions. L'instant extreme cannot be had for $40, unless you get extremely lucky.
    Nope check above posted link, though it is out of stock

Quote Originally Posted by themoogle View Post

I like wearing it at night, even of its a bit warm.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjakeriz View Post
    Question. I live in cali also and considering buying off ebay from uk. Are you getting charged any customs fee's or anything like that? if so how much.

And in response to the thread. You may get lucky and find one for cheap. Who knows. I came up on Bond No. 9 New Haarlem brand new for 100 dollars flat. Totally authentic and everything. Person selling it just didn't know what he had. If a website posts the wrong price you are entitled to the advertised price. lol
    I guess I could try waiting for a fluke. I do have a generous sample that I received from a nice SA at the boutique.

Quote Originally Posted by MJM_77 View Post
    Yeah... I saw the same thing, not worth your time. Deal with the Guerlain boutique in Toronto. At least it has it in stock unlike the US boutiques.
    +
    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Stick with the boutique in Toronto.
    I very likely will. They were very helpful so I guess it's only right that I or back and buy from them.

Quote Originally Posted by zliang View Post
    I got mine for such price from a local discounter. Guerlain in general is not very popular here and they don't strictly control pricing. It's just another case of varied distribution.
    I'll check a few of the discount shops around where I live but I don't expect to find anything

Strawberry net used to stock DHI and LIDGE, but it went fast and was mostly luck. Used to be a good site, but they've raised their prices over 20% in the past year.

The regular version goes for about $40 but not the extreme. I'd be wary

Thanks for all the input guys. I will probably just pick it up from the store. at $78 its still a very good deal. I hope they hook me up with a few samples as well

Echoing everyone else here in saying you should just get it from the boutique. Those "too good to be true" discounters never have it in stock, and generally the only alternative that periodically stocked it was Strawberrynet. Even there it was right about $70, so it really isn't worth the hassle of checking their site every day hoping to get it.

Seems that this has been resolved, but a takeaway here that I've found is this: There are tons of online discounters that advertise fragrances that they do not stock at low prices, because it attracts clicks and pageviews. When you go to go back a page, the site will generate a "oh no, please don't go!" pop-up that offers a percentage off fragrances they actually do have in stock. While this practice is unscrupulous at best, you can use it to your advantage if you know they have a different frag you do want. You can use the coupon to your advantage if you feel the price is right.

EDIT: Perfect example here. A search for the now-hard-to-find Gucci Nobile brings up PerfumeEmporium.com. Unfortunately, when you click, you find they have no stock, but offer a "Waiting List" (lol). Hitting back on the browser prompts the following "bargain":

Quote Originally Posted by Baldini View Post
    Seems that this has been resolved, but a takeaway here that I've found is this: There are tons of online discounters that advertise fragrances that they do not stock at low prices, because it attracts clicks and pageviews. When you go to go back a page, the site will generate a "oh no, please don't go!" pop-up that offers a percentage off fragrances they actually do have in stock. While this practice is unscrupulous at best, you can use it to your advantage if you know they have a different frag you do want. You can use the coupon to your advantage if you feel the price is right.

EDIT: Perfect example here. A search for the now-hard-to-find Gucci Nobile brings up PerfumeEmporium.com. Unfortunately, when you click, you find they have no stock, but offer a "Waiting List" (lol). Hitting back on the browser prompts the following "bargain":

Very interesting. I hate companies like that...

I will be heading to the guerlain boutique as soon as I sell my bottle of Aventus....

I just ordered 3 bottles from the Boutique. Couldn't be happier. Free Shipping, Tax free. Since I ordered 3, she applied a discount.

Here it is on the Neiman Marcus website: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/search.j...equestid=25989

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allen-at-home View Post
    Here it is on the Neiman Marcus website: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/search.j...equestid=25989
    Sorry, I thought it was both, but is only the NON-extreme version.
    Licorice candy for breakfast, and another dab of Black Vines by Kerosene. And a spritz of Plum Japonais for Sunday.

I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like

What's the number for the Toronto Boutique? I've been looking for a place to buy it from forever!

Quote Originally Posted by sp333 View Post
    What's the number for the Toronto Boutique? I've been looking for a place to buy it from forever!
    Sent you a PM with the info.

Is lidge that much better than lidg?

Quote Originally Posted by SpicyPepper View Post

It all boils down to personal preference. I prefer the Extreme version. Read the reviews, they speak for themselves. If you are in doubt, sample both before making a purchase.

I prefer LIDGE to LIDG. It is that much better IMO.

When my bottle runs out, I would order from Toronto boutique or other legitimate vendor. The peace of mind knowing you have the real thing is worth saving $20 and worrying if it will ever arrive or if it is real.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by SpicyPepper View Post
    I think so. They are somewhat similar in DNA, but I didn't like LIDG much at all.

Ca anyone expand a bit on the differences between LIDG and LIDGE? I have a sample of LIDG, which I enjoy. It's on my list of maybes for this winter. I haven't had the chance to smell LIDGE yet.

Got my package today. Can't rave enough about the Extreme version. Such a wonder scent.