Voleur de Roses
Thread: L'Artisan sample
Hey, so I emailed L'Artisan asking for a Tea for Two sample but they got back to me saying it has been discontinued and will not be able to send one a sample but would be happy to send me other samples. I am not really familiar with their lineup... any reccomendations on what to request?
Voleur de Roses
Last edited by blackened; 17th April 2012 at 12:06 AM.
Voleur de Roses
Premier Figuier, Dzing, Al Oud, Traversee du Bosphore, and Fou D'Absinth
I am not the largest fan of the house in general. So far of the many I have tried, only Coeur de Vetiver Sacre and Timbuktu have impressed me.
Current Top Favorites:
1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
4) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie
6) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
9) Polo vintage (Ralph Lauren) - tie
9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie
Thanks for the advice so far.. I've been looking into reviews and what notes are in some of these reccomended frags but they're not really wow'ing me that much so far. I don't suppose anyone is a fan of the L'Artisan stuff and would trade a Tea for Two sample for another scent that I can request? >_<
Really had my heart set on Tea for Two. Sounds like something I would like.
Nuit De Tuberose
TOP 3 hot weather:
1. Gucci Pour Homme II
2. Creed Millesime Imperial
3. Lalique Encre Noire
TOP 3 cold weather:
1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
2. Dior Homme
3. Eau Des Baux
Fleur de Liane
Premier Figuier Extreme
the two with abstract names - dzing and dzongkha.
.... or none.
l'artisan is a very disappointing house, and in a unique way. they make classy, fine scents with extremely poor projection and weak longevity. 20 sprays of dzing or timbuktu wears like the very end of a dry down, and this is right after application.
olfactory heaven with one small problem - you can barely smell it on yourself, and to smell it you must do sudden movements: shake your head like idiot, or turn suddenly...
tea for two and dzongkha do a little better, but the house signature is surely there.
Sync'in and Think'in in 2015!
Not yet, kinda need to conserve money right now personally. <-----Poor college student =)
The customer service rep at L'Artisan told us L'Eau du Navigateur has been discontinued....
TdB does last long... because of the amber. turkish delight is the main note... too much -for me this is a little kitchy. i don't like to smell so much like rahat lokum, but i am curious to check out lutens version of that gourmand. maybe it is more artistically done.
Get Fou d'Absinthe and Dzing! I like several others as well, but these are my top two from this (excellent) house.