Code of Conduct

Default Need Some Suggestions - Fancy a change

For the last few years or so I've been working my way through the Creed range as I think they're a good introduction to niche fragrances. However, with the exception of GIT (which I swear had a formula change since I first bought it) the longevity and projection have been terrible on me.

So, im looking for suggestions of alternatives to try. To give you an idea of what I go for my favourite creeds are:

Virgin island water
    Silver mountain water
    Himalaya
    Green Irish Tweed

I tend to prefer citrus notes to musk

Default Re: Need Some Suggestions - Fancy a change

Acqua di Parma Colonia
    Xerjoff Range

Oranges And Lemons Say The Bells Of St. Clements by Heeley

Penhaligon's Opus 1870, Love Potion No. 9, Endymion (it's kind of a jump from Creed to Penhaligon imo but you should like it)
    Acqua di Parma Colonia, Intensa

Thanks, theres some good suggestions there to be going on with and (with the exception of the Xerjoff) non are too expensive to worry about disliking. The Acqua di Parma seems to be constant contender so I'll start with that one.

Hermes Concentree d'Orange Verte

Banned

Eau Illuminee by Delrae - One is initially treated to a gust of freshness from the invigorating melange of bittersweet bergamot and basil, with its lemony and slightly spicy greenness. Percolating a bit, this clean blend transitions to the waiting middle. Here, the minty clean aroma of lavender commingles with various herbs, and infuses the opening brew. Green and camphoraceous rosemary, earthy and verdant geranium as well as sharp lemon verbena work their wiles with this spic and span heart, while a tad of vanilla bobs about. Transitioning to the awaiting base, tonka bean encases the herbal concoction, and imparts its vanillic, freshly-mown lawn character and interplays with enabling, violet-like orris. A delicately laundered drydown ensues. This somewhat elegant composition leans heavily to the masculine side; and, although it can be considered an all-season scent, it will bloom in the spring and summer. A well-crafted fragrance with quality ingredients, it has good projection and longevity.

Bond no 9 Chez Bond is similar to GIT, and Hamptons is similar to SMW. If you like these fragrances but the longevity is lacking you may want to give these a try. While IMO they don't smell as good as their Creed counterparts they definitely smell similar and last much longer.

Banned

Acqua di Parma Colonia and Eau D'Orange Verte.

Check out the Amouage range of fragrances.

Okay, a bit of an update. I tried Acqua Di Parma Colonia Assoluta and was very disappointed. Whilst I like the opening lemon it soon settles down to something which I find too soapy for my liking. It reminded me of Imperial Leather soap. I can see why some people might like it and if the lemon had persisted I probably would have too, but the fact that the lasting impression is soap ends my interest.

Wonder what to try next..