Seems like you don't like fragrances that are very sweet (Black XS, Le Male), and I'm with you. A few that you may like:
- Rive Gauche Pour Homme: Fresh, barber-shop clean
- YSL L'Homme: Spawned La Nuit, and is different enough to stand on its own
- Dolce & Gabbana by Dolce & Gabanna: Probably my most-complimented frag by "everyday" women (yes, more than Aventus!)
- Gucci Pour Homme II: Smooth tea
- Terre D'Hermes: Citrus and earth with some metal (my gf's personal favorite)
- Chanel Egoiste: Somewhat sweet, but a nice woody oriental with vanilla and sandalwood (one of my personal favorites)
This list is somewhat 'safe', but I've only included frags that are easy to find and are less than $100 for 100ml. There are tons of others, but these will be a good start. Best of luck finding one you like!