Code of Conduct

Unhappy Niche / Designer Sites Who Offer Samples ?

What are some recommended sites for free sample vials ? So far the only 1 went well is frederic malle website. Any other niche site recommendations ?

Default Re: Niche / Designer Sites Who Offer Samples ?

I once received a while back samples from Parfums D'Empire. Don't know if they do that any more. It was quite a while ago.

Serge Lutens will send out a sample book of their scents in solid form; it's not perfect but it gives you a good idea of each product. They sometimes throw in a handful of spray samples as well.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I once received a while back samples from Parfums D'Empire. Don't know if they do that any more. It was quite a while ago.
    Think i mailed them a couple days ago

frederic malle sends out samples?

Quote Originally Posted by starshipvelcro View Post
    frederic malle sends out samples?
    not a whole set but they sent me the 1 i asked to sample

Quote Originally Posted by Tappio View Post
    Serge Lutens will send out a sample book of their scents in solid form; it's not perfect but it gives you a good idea of each product. They sometimes throw in a handful of spray samples as well.
    solid form ?

Good info, Hermes sent me out free 4ml samples. Dunno their limit but I got at least 3. I've also heard L'artisan I think, but don't quote me.

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetScents1 View Post
    solid form ?
    Yeah, some fragrance companies produce solid paste versions of their scents for application. While SL doesn't sell these solid perfumes, they do produce them for use in their sample books, as they are easier to ship around the world than liquid vials. Basically you are going to get some envelopes with cards in them, and each card has a few solid chunks of perfume on them. I think my package came from Paris (I'm in the US), and I got a scent book and a few liquid testers.

When you ask for a sample, do you normally hear back from these companies? Or do they just send it out without any response? I emailed L'Artisan about a week or two ago since I heard they will send out a sample but did not hear back.

fragrancevials.com although their selection is limited, I think each sample is $2.50 with free shipping.

I recently sent off a few sample requests via email to Serge Lutens, L'Artisan, Geo F. Trumper, Robert Piguet, and Santa Maria Novella with good results. Serge Lutens sent a wax booklet, L'Artisan and GFT sent generous sample packages, and Robert Piguet overnighted everything I asked for without a word in response. For good measure, though, it's best to phrase things as if you're considering an actual purchase (even if you'd never pay the manufacturer's price).
    "Brandi takes photos of herself eating cheeses and emails them to Abraham Lincoln. Abraham Lincoln emails Brandi pictures of his beard, which stirs in her heart a feeling of deep jealousy."

Quote Originally Posted by quizas View Post
    I recently sent off a few sample requests via email to Serge Lutens, L'Artisan, Geo F. Trumper, Robert Piguet, and Santa Maria Novella with good results. Serge Lutens sent a wax booklet, L'Artisan and GFT sent generous sample packages, and Robert Piguet overnighted everything I asked for without a word in response. For good measure, though, it's best to phrase things as if you're considering an actual purchase (even if you'd never pay the manufacturer's price).
    I emailed a couple places, including L'Artisan who responded to me after a week in regards to my request for Tea for Two. =)

Anyone know if they will actually send a small vial of their stuff or if its gonna be a card?

Quote Originally Posted by JSN723 View Post
    Anyone know if they will actually send a small vial of their stuff or if its gonna be a card?
    Yup, L'Artisan sends vials - sometimes they toss in a few extra 'suggestions', as well.
    "Brandi takes photos of herself eating cheeses and emails them to Abraham Lincoln. Abraham Lincoln emails Brandi pictures of his beard, which stirs in her heart a feeling of deep jealousy."

Lutens is sending me a booklet, Frederic Malle asked for $20 for shipping of 3 samples :S
    Is it worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by eggy View Post
    Lutens is sending me a booklet, Frederic Malle asked for $20 for shipping of 3 samples :S
    Is it worth it?
    No, the samples are only 2ml!. No shipping of a 50g package costs that, so the sample is not free. They have a lot to learn about customer service IMO

Yeah, I just got an email asking for $20 for shipping from Frederic Malle as well.. not worth it.

When you ask for a sample, do you normally hear back from these companies? Or do they just send it out without any response? I emailed L'Artisan about a week or two ago since I heard they will send out a sample but did not hear back.
    Did you put your address in with the the sample request ? Most of the time it takes 3 days sometimes even a whole week to even get a simple (Yes or no ) reply.. i took about 1 week to get my 1st set of samples from them. Give them a couple more days

Yeah, I just got an email asking for $20 for shipping from Frederic Malle as well.. not worth it.
    I went ahead and paid that price, not knowing the samples were so small. I felt ripped off when they arrived...that's not a good start for a potential customer

thats crazy everybody gets the same robotic type answers from them.

I emailed a couple places, including L'Artisan who responded to me after a week in regards to my request for Tea for Two. =)

small small vial

the midwest: where cows have been outnumbering people since 1817

I very recently got 3 vials from Hermes from an email asking for 24 Faubourg. AP also sent me regular AP, L'Agent and AP Body Sauce, which was AWESOME!

Umm... Malle sent me 2 samples of Fracas, Divine sent 2 or 3 vials... can't recall exactly, Annick Goutal sent like five or something... it was NUTS!

I used the tips from this thread... check it out, there's good advice in there!

Currently binging on roses.... Jo Malone, you dirty bitch. You too, Stella McCartney.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

The so-called 1 ml vial size (that holds .7ml when capped)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was the recepient of Malle's disrespectful practices.

$20 for special packaging. LOLz

Theperfumecourt.com...they have a nice large collection off very expensive and hard to find frags and they only do decants. Now their price is a bit high but if you are Looking for a niche frag that is very expensive but don't want to blind buy then these are your guys to look at.

Arena would be i think...

Quote Originally Posted by meowmo View Post
    I very recently got 3 vials from Hermes from an email asking for 24 Faubourg. AP also sent me regular AP, L'Agent and AP Body Sauce, which was AWESOME!

Umm... Malle sent me 2 samples of Fracas, Divine sent 2 or 3 vials... can't recall exactly, Annick Goutal sent like five or something... it was NUTS!

I used the tips from this thread... check it out, there's good advice in there!
    That was lucky! I paid 17 GBP for just 10 very small Annick Goutal samples! I will be trying to get some SL samples. Don't want to try them all, just 2 or 3. Might try to get those solid ones).