Code of Conduct

Default Keiko Mecheri Cuir Fauve

Has anyone sampled this from the Bespoke Collection?

It has a premium price so sampling is in order, but just how much leather is in this?
    Last edited by Primrose; 19th April 2012 at 12:56 AM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Default Re: Keiko Mecheri Cuir Fauve

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    Has anyone sampled this from the Bespoke Collection?

It has a premium price so sampling is in order, but just how much leather is in this?
    yes, i've sampled it and in true Keiko style .... it's just strange. still trying to get my head around it trying to understand what's going on with it.

how much leather ? a good HEALTHY dose in my opinion but it is a weird take on leather for lack of a better word.

right now, i would describe it as a sort of cross between leather & suede. WELL AGED leather & suede.
    clearly, this will take further testing before a more coherent opinion, i'm really having trouble with this one.

Thank you, SoGent, for the reply. This is relatively new and it's hard to find reviews.

I guess this means a sample in my future. The notes are not published.

Can you identify any other notes in florals or spices?
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I think it's one of the more wearable leather scents that I've come across - too often you get stuff like tuscan leather which is relatively close to replicating leather but tends to burn the nostrils a bit. This has a little bit of a gourmand twist on leather, if that's possible to understand, and I really like it! It definitely feels like a signature scent, although I doubt it'd ever be mine.

I would definitely suggest a sample first if you were looking for a pure leather, or even the discovery set which is priced really well compared to the full bottles. I'll probably just pick up two of those and not bother with the full bottles at all. Insane that you can get 140 ml of juice for less than one 50 ml bottle...

Got a large sample of this today. It is spicy, smokey, and a little sweet. It's not a literal interpretation of leather like TF Tuscan Leather. Extremely sexy with terrific longevity and solid sillage. A bottle of this is definitely in my future and I usually hate leathers.
    "Smell with your nose, not your ears." - Xerjoff Nio, Xerjoff 1861, Profumum Roma Acqua Viva, Neil Morris for Takashimaya, Sonoma Scent Studio Champagne de Bois EDP, Chanel Egoiste Platinum, Creed Green Irish Tweed, YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme, YSL Opium Pour Homme EDP, Comme des Garcons Kyoto, Acqua di Parma Oud, Slumberhouse Jeke, Xerjoff Fars and Xerjoff Gao

Quote Originally Posted by acjigga View Post
    Got a large sample of this today. It is spicy, smokey, and a little sweet. It's not a literal interpretation of leather like TF Tuscan Leather. Extremely sexy with terrific longevity and solid sillage. A bottle of this is definitely in my future and I usually hate leathers.
    My thoughts exactly. It starts strong but become sweeter and cleaner on me over time. But it's still sexy and definitely a little dirty. I'm loving it although it is probably still too warm for it. The price is hideous though. My frag budget is blown until February when it's time to start thinking about lighter stuff for spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    Thank you, SoGent, for the reply. This is relatively new and it's hard to find reviews.

I guess this means a sample in my future. The notes are not published.

Can you identify any other notes in florals or spices?
    I found this on Parfumo International:

Top Notes: Leather, Tobacco
    Heart Notes: Amber, Orange blossom
    Base Notes: Oud, Vanilla

It's a leather for people that don't like leathers. "This is supposed to be a leather scent?" was my first thought. It's not a bad scent, but not for leather lovers. It's a very clean feeling, airy scent.