Code of Conduct

Default Guide to vintage Shalimar bottles

I noticed the prices on e-bay are all over the map, and I was trying to buy a few bottles, and couldn't find any definitive information anywhere on how to figure out dates for Shalimar bottles, so I created a guide.
    http://angelairasperfumes.blogspot.c...-shalimar.html

I learned a lot while creating it, and I can now date bottles much more easily!!
    I hope some find this helpful!!!

Default Re: Guide to vintage Shalimar bottles

And, if anyone has bottle photos or information to include please let me know! I am hoping to get a definitive guide going so people (like me for example, lol!) know what they are getting! I overpaid for one bottle before I figured any of this stuff out!

great effort, congrats.. i am bookmarking your site

great effort, congrats.. i am bookmarking your site..it seems you may only be focusing on Shalimar or covering others, too?

I am just starting my collection, and Shalimar is one of the first bottles that interested me. As I get more in-depth with collecting I will be adding more. Shalimar was just one of the most confusing when trying to figure out how much to pay for a bottle! Thank you for bookmarking!

Guerlainista

I just saw this thread, and clicked through to your blog post. It's good having all of that information in one place - nice work!

I noticed as I was going through it that you are using my flacon amphore photos from a BN thread I started a while back.

I don't mind, but it would be nice to be credited as you have done with some of the other photos. I put a lot of effort into getting those photos! Especially the one of the bottom - the one you show was probably the 30th or 40th one I took - it's very hard getting the lettering to show clearly on photos.

By the way, you say in that section that the amphore by Pochet du Courval came with a ground glass stopper until 1978 and then changed to a plastic screwcap. I recall reading that elsewhere - you probably used the same source website. That seems to be wrong, or at least incomplete. Mine is glass, but the stopper part has a plastic shell molded onto it. I posted a photo of that on the earlier thread as well. I suspect they changed from a solid glass stopper to one with the plastic molded seal at some point before 1978, but could find no more information.

I would love to find one of those 80ml Baccarat amphores. If I ever find one it will be the pride of my collection.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

That ought to help many people! Any plans for other guides?

Excellent information. I just purchased 2 vintage bottles and couldn't believe my luck in finding your site! Many thanks for your hard work.
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”
    ― Marian Bendeth“

Quote Originally Posted by rubegon View Post
    I just saw this thread, and clicked through to your blog post. It's good having all of that information in one place - nice work!

I noticed as I was going through it that you are using my flacon amphore photos from a BN thread I started a while back.

I don't mind, but it would be nice to be credited as you have done with some of the other photos. I put a lot of effort into getting those photos! Especially the one of the bottom - the one you show was probably the 30th or 40th one I took - it's very hard getting the lettering to show clearly on photos.

By the way, you say in that section that the amphore by Pochet du Courval came with a ground glass stopper until 1978 and then changed to a plastic screwcap. I recall reading that elsewhere - you probably used the same source website. That seems to be wrong, or at least incomplete. Mine is glass, but the stopper part has a plastic shell molded onto it. I posted a photo of that on the earlier thread as well. I suspect they changed from a solid glass stopper to one with the plastic molded seal at some point before 1978, but could find no more information.

I would love to find one of those 80ml Baccarat amphores. If I ever find one it will be the pride of my collection.
    I am so sorry for not crediting you! I haven't logged in here or really done anything with that blog in a long time. As soon as I figure out how to log back into it I will happily credit you. That photo was very helpful! How would you like to be credited?

- - - Updated - - -

I would be happy to work on some other ones... any requests?
    Last edited by angelaira; 12th June 2014 at 04:49 PM.